Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

Gruknor posted:

You are right. A neat trick that Rukuka taught me, is to release any npc low on mp, then resummon. When it comes back, it will be at full mp.

How do you release? /release <name>?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Majumbo posted:

I think the verdict on Zeid is he is not that good for DPS because he is a DRK and spends too much time casting.

Nothing like an ilvl party member spamming tier-3 nukes instead of weaponskilling with his greatsword.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Gruknor posted:

Ayame is just as good if not better than Zeid, she has not done any skillchains yet but does more consistent damage than Zeid. Zeid is a drk so he spends most of his time /wrist instead of doing dps.

I skillchain quite a bit with Ayame and Naji, it depends on who they're paired with.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

G Prestige posted:

but MP is already annoying with Kupipi so I'm not sure how efficient they would be.

unsummon/resummon to refill MP

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Gruknor posted:

That makes sense, I only had Ayame paired with Zeid. Who wants to skillchain with a stinky galkan drk?

I wonder if Shantotto will burst off of an NPC skillchain

edit: or Zeid :/

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

CubsWoo posted:

Starting tonight Silver and I are going to be doing nightly/semi-nightly runs of either Einherjar or Nyzul (for tokens, but if we have some spark-geared players we can do Neo-Nyzul as well) around 7:30 PM Eastern. Einherjar I just need 3 people that have entrance access (ToAU mission... 17, I think? Right after you kill the Khim) to make a full party of 6 to run a tier 3 zone. Nyzul may require a little more of your attention!

The real Puppetmaster Vanity Mythic push begins now.

Always down for einherjar/nyzul runs, i'm only on floor 15.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Solo'd the long arm chariot last night after getting brainjacked twice during the fight. :feelsgood: 2 down, 2 more wins to go. Only 21 alex including pouches

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Painful Dart Bomb posted:

Is there any consensus yet on how difficulty affects AA item drops? I'd like to attempt the mithra solo on VE, just curious if it's even possible to get the axe or mask on that difficulty.

http://sqex.to/xv3

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

I was doing a bit of drinking last night, got into a pick up einherjar party, SATA'd the healer. Still got the win.

All in all it wasn't bad.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

CubsWoo posted:

The update has a lot of cool stuff in it but just about everything Windower related is busted post-patch so unload most/all of your plugins and wait for fixes to come out.

Spellcast still works, so at least I can get my enf up past 259 :gimp:

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Can I borrow that to skill up club real quick

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Take THAT, Dynamis Windurst.

:fuckoff:

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

ChrispyPolanks posted:

Chiodusblue

Have you guys ever used any form of voice chat while playing.? I would be interested if there was available.

Not sure how many people would be interested. We could trade idea and speak more freely. I can see how it doest work for some people.

I don't see goon ffxi ventrilo ending well. Mainly because every person in Get Out is one of Jamie's alts.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

So I finally got into Dynamis Xarcabard, figured i'd farm 2 hours or until I got my thief hands.

Got all 5 TEs, went to a nice area that I figured I could pretty much continuously pull in where there didn't appear to be any mage spawns. First mob was a kindred ninja that went straight up Allahu akbar on me. It didn't even swing its weapons at me, it just 2 hour'd and killed me before my sneak fully wore.

:sigh:

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Wow, nice.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Painful Dart Bomb posted:

Afterglow brochain or bust.

Clearly Mjollner is the best option.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Kithyen posted:

Decided to pick up this big dumb game again. For controller peeps is xpadder still the best way to get a 360 controller to work on pc the way it does with the 360 or ps2? It's odd that ffxiv recognizes the triggers but ffxi doesn't which I'm assuming that's due to it's age.

I'll try to look up someone later for a pearl.

Cant you use a windower plugin for gaming keyboards to make it recognize the other buttons?

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Anyone score big in the bonanza? I had 10 marbles and got a rank 4 and rank 5.

Hume AA statue
AF3+2 set for SMN (I was surprised, the flyer only said 1 piece but it was in fact the whole set)
10 inventory slots

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Afterglow it!

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

The St. Valentine's day massacre just aint what it used to be.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

LiquidFriend posted:

:lol:

You need 100 piece dyna coins to go from base/+1 relic to ilvl relic. To upgrade from there you will need voidwatch drops and delve boss drops.

That p. much ties the exchange rate of forgotten items to 4% of a 100 note.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Cool Blue Reason posted:

It's a little annoying that so many of these alter egos are available for such a limited time, is there any way for me to get the ones I missed at all?

So far no, rumor mill says yes at some point in the future, but that's the rumor mill.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Yumcax now with a timer:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/40488

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

What dark corner of the internet did that steaming pile come from

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

frodnonnag posted:

They also mentioned "job specific weapons"

Super oat crunch
Level 1
Mnk
Damage: +255
Speed +0
Eva +255
Guard +255
H2h +255
All stats +255
iLvl 121

Lolstick
Level 99
RDM
Damage: 3
Speed: 225
Enhances enspell damage +2
iLvl 121

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Goddamnit you cocksuckers i reactivated. Updating.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

How does one get the moogle, goblin, and aldo trusts?

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

You're all kind of right.

The proc you land is based on the number of time extensions. If you have all 5 TE's, you will always proc red. This means there is 1 100% drop slot and 2 treasure pool slots in addition to the one that's already on the monster. These procs can be either gear or currency (though currency has a much higher drop percent.) This means with a red proc it's entirely possible to get 4 pieces of relic gear (though that would be exceedingly rare).

TH affects the 3 total treasure pool drop slots, but does not affect the 100% as that's already guaranteed and it is governed outside of the standard TH mechanic.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Valle posted:

You sure about that? I could swear the gear and currency drop slots are separate.

They are the same. I have procced and gotten 1x gear no currency before.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

BUGS OF SPRING posted:

The misinformation going on in this thread is wild.

This implies you know the truth. Out with it!

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

King for a day posted:

I'm thinking about picking up this game if it gets a decent sale on the Steam summer sale. I'm also trying to get my old POL account linked to my SE account but so far SE support hasn't figured out why I can't yet. But it got me thinking: should I just started over?

I'm just worried about doing all of the subjob/LB/unlock job quests again because those were a pain.

Also is there any way for a fresh character to make gil?

I just want to die horrible deaths destroy everything with my BST again dang it

They're no longer a pain in any respect other than they have to be done. You can for the most part have a high level drag you along to get the items while they mercilessly murder everything, then you level thf or whm to 70 and do either of those maat fights. Leveling a job to 70 can be done in under a day.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Eight-Six posted:

It's actually happening

Unless it can break the current cap, it will be a whaste.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Zero The Hero posted:

It'll allow us DDs to put more damage in our gear.

Now that would be a good implementation, haste 2 counts as item haste. RDMs would be back in huge demand.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

July login campaign: empy +2 items and trust: star sybil.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Copycat Zero posted:

Anybody have any advice on a leveling path that isn't "as soon as you can, go leech XP in Abyssea until you hit 99"? I hadn't touched the game in about a year-and-a-half, and even when I was playing it I never really got past Garlaige Citadel/Crawler's Nest in terms of the old group leveling zones and the basic campaign areas in terms of solo leveling, so I'm more interested in seeing the zones I never really went to than I am hoping there's enough people still wanting to stand around and grind millions of XP in one zone as a giant alliance. I went from 26-50 really quickly (by my standards) on my THF just futzing around with RoE and FoV/GoV in the zones I knew about (Delkfutt's Tower, Sea Serpeant Grotto, etc.) while doing other things, but I'm reaching a point of not knowing from past experience where to go next (I need to go to Xarcabard for the telepoint RoE quest, so I know I can get some decent XP there, but, after that...).

Grab trusts and start grinding solo. You'll want to at least start the process of abyssea so you can get some cruor and start tagging maws to teleport to when you see them. Touch every homepoint you see to unlock HP teleporting, as well.

This chart isn't terribly inaccurate, adjust for gov/fov books and make sure you're keeping up with skills and gear if you're doing classic leveling. Sparks are a great way to get updated weapons through 50.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Gruknor posted:

They give you weapons up to and including 99. The level 99 item level 117 sparks armor is really good. It will allow you to start working on getting end game gear.

They give you up to 50, then there's a void from 50 to the ilvl gear.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

As I have no time to really play but want to keep my account around for the random breaks when I can actually get a bit of time in (usually while drinking on a Friday night), I've decided to slow grind up blue mage and collect all the spells while burning the sparks on rems tale pages for my 119 upgrades on either whm or rdm (both are at 109 now). One of these days I still need to get a Yumcax fight in to try for a tax club, how often do people shout for these nowadays?

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Can multiple accounts tied to the same SE account login at the same time?

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Is there a comprehensive list of Trust NPCs and passive ability bonuses, synergies between them, etc?

edit: gently caress nevermind bgwiki has a good list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

King for a day posted:

They changed it- Dynamis is like any other zone now so you have to /sea to find out if there's room to camp.

Speaking of which, is there any particular method to get a specific relic to drop or do you just have to kill stuff and hope for the best? Trying to get my relic hands for my thief and I've very nearly collected every other possible drop in that zone.

The relic items for pre-ToAU jobs all share a common drop slot. It's random, and certain mobs in the zone don't have a better chance of x job's drop than other mobs. It took me 2 weeks of nightly dynamis to get thf hands.