Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cool Blue Reason
Jan 7, 2010

by Lowtax

So is it pretty easy to get to cap without having to rely on level syncing in one place for hours? That was fast (when I could find a group) but grinding in level appropriate zones seems like it would be more interesting even with an NPC party, plus the prospect of skilling up from almost nothing at 99 didn't sound fun. I was thinking about resubbing to XIV but it just doesn't hold the same charm, so maybe I'll give this another shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Blue Reason
Jan 7, 2010

by Lowtax
I need a pearl for the new shell whenever someone gets the chance.

Cool Blue Reason
Jan 7, 2010

by Lowtax

GreaseMonkey posted:

I'm downloading FFXI right now. I have played the demo a long time ago but now I want to play for real, this late in the game's life. Is there an irc or some way to contact you goons? I'm thinking I'll be a Red Mage but if there are a lot of goons on consistently and there's a demand I'm down to do White Mage.

Sorry I'm leveling Red Mage right now so you'll have to do something else. No but seriously I don't think it matters at all at this point and you'll most likely be leveling solo or in a big alliance anyway so be whatever you want.

Cool Blue Reason
Jan 7, 2010

by Lowtax
I need to do LB3 sometime if anyone's up to help.

Cool Blue Reason
Jan 7, 2010

by Lowtax

Shaezerus posted:

So how ridiculous is Zeid, and should I regret not having gotten him until they undoubtedly bring his cipher back in another login campaign? I keep feeling like I'm just too far behind the curve now, so I haven't logged in at all. :smith:

He isn't very good from my experience.

Cool Blue Reason
Jan 7, 2010

by Lowtax
It's a little annoying that so many of these alter egos are available for such a limited time, is there any way for me to get the ones I missed at all?

Cool Blue Reason
Jan 7, 2010

by Lowtax
This website:

http://tehkrizz.net/FFXI/downloads.php

has everything you need. No updating required.

Cool Blue Reason
Jan 7, 2010

by Lowtax
What is some useful stuff to pick up from this login campaign, aside from the cipher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Blue Reason
Jan 7, 2010

by Lowtax
Come to Asura and join the reddit linkshell mate. :cheers: