Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

BUGS OF SPRING posted:

Ugh I wanna come back but I'm also liking 14.

What do I do!?

Resub to keep me company in either SAGoons or GetOut. It is very quiet in both of those LSes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur
I am on Quetzalcoatl. Maybe if SE decides to merge servers they will decide to merge Cerberus and Quetzalcoatl.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Painful Dart Bomb posted:

I can't believe I'm re-subbing to this retarded game. :( Oh well, time to go kill some poo poo on BST. :black101:

Did they fix ninja yet, or are they still useless as a tank in seekers?

BST is even more op. Farm up enough bayld to buy yourself armor and two axes. With those you can solo lots of stuff.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

ChesterJT posted:

Christ I think I was the last person on the planet to play on the ps2 and I quit a while ago.

Apparently a lot of JP play or use to play on the ps2.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

LiquidFriend posted:

There are a lot of good pieces of new gear in this patch.

New NIN AF body:
DEF:93 HP+28 STR+15 DEX+21 VIT+18 AGI+16 INT+15 MND+15 CHR+15 Evasion+24 Magic Evasion+36 "Magic Def. Bonus"+2 "Subtle Blow"+7 Haste+4% Enhances "Dual Wield" effect Physical damage: "Shock Spikes" effect

I think that replaces Thaumas Coat.

Thaumas Coat is useful if you need the +2% to DA, TA, and QA. Other than that, it was repalced with the bayld gear chest piece when SoA came out. It is sad, but it is true.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

LiquidFriend posted:

From what I've heard, they've drastically lowered the repop times for the NMs.

They have also drastically lowered the bayld for the wkr temp ki to around 15k per wkr. Very nice. It use to be around 30k per wkr temp ki.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Pretty much this. Without a huge time investment you could farm up some bayld, get outfitted in bayld gear then hit up wildskeeper reives. Fight stuff for a few minutes, then go watch tv or whatever. When you come back you might have an ilvl 115 weapon. Congrats, you are now geared well enough to participate in most content.

Skirmish is also viable

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur
Skirmish and WKR are two ways you can easily get geared. Skirmish requires three pieces as the pop set. WKR just requires you to buy a temporary KI for bayld. WKR and Skirmish guarantees you at least one piece of gear if you complete the main objective. For WKR that is killing the boss, for Skirmish that is killing a certain number of mobs/nms. This site is really good for all sorts of info. http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Main_Page

Gruknor fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Nov 9, 2013

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur
Anyone want to do a Yorcia skirmish this saturday?

Gruknor fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Nov 13, 2013

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Male of the Century posted:

Ugh, where the heck do you get a Hoe from? I'm trying to google it but it doesn't seem to exist.

Moogles probably, maybe the Harvest event? That ended November 1st. I have no idea, I found Hoe on bgwiki but no other site seems to have info on it.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur
I bought an Atinian Staff then went to do a kamihr drifts wkr, I get a Bagil Staff. Something I wanted, but I looked at it's stats and I think Atinian is better, unless I am using Elemental Seal or need some -enmity.

Gruknor fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Nov 16, 2013

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

LiquidFriend posted:

Fudo will pull ahead of Shoha when you are getting buffs, even without aftermath.

Shoha has lost its edge since SoA came out.

E: :siren:Attention unbathed Goons!:siren:

Saturday afternoon or evening I'm going to be doing a cleave to farm up crests for BC's. As long as there are 6 people, I'm going to cleave.

I waited for you last saturday and nothing happened. You broke my heart, good sir.

Maybe someday we could do a goon filled NNI run, or maybe a goon skirmish? I still need some skirmish armor. I would also like to get a Thaumas Coat and the rest of the Phorcys pieces(body,legs,hands).

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

LiquidFriend posted:

I got on early evening and nobody was really on :shobon:

Oh well, maybe some other time.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Boten Anna posted:

I chanced upon some extra crysta and felt like firing this up to see how long I can stand it (or get sucked in??? who knows) and made a new catgirl named Misandry

So far I killed one Mandragora and got 320 xp then died of poison. The more things change, the more they stay the same~

Best part was I was right there skilling up healing magic on my mule. I typed out //poisona Misandry and right as I hit enter, you died. I laughed for a good minute.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Eight-Six posted:

English translation here. If the only dates you need be subscribed are between October 1st and November 30th, I'm going to laugh as I pick up a Byakko's Haidate just to toss it for funsies.

It totally was fun and I am down for Cirdas/Rala Skirmish, however I am greedy and want fists/dagger/sword/non-SMN staff. Shouldn't take that long regardless with tier 3s.

I am looking for the polearm and great sword. Other than that, everything on my runs would be FL.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Majumbo posted:

There is a "Adjustments to the number of players required to enter Salvage including the high-tier version" listed now when before it was only said that Assault was being lowered. Meeble burrows is on the list as well.

Also monster speed is being increased along with player speed it says. Like the whole game is going to be 25% faster or something?? That could totally mess up some kiting by making it impossible to get spells off before the monster reaches you...

For those of us that use cupper, it is not a big deal. I want a few things from Meeble burrows. Maybe I can con..vince a few goons to do burrows with me.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Paladine_PSoT posted:

What's the fastest way to burn through Imprimaturs and open WKR? Scout survey Ceziak?

Scout Survey is fast if you have the bgwiki page for that particular scout survey. You have to be a certain distance depending on what time it is. Courier's Supply is easier than Scout's Survey. Is it faster? Depends on the person, and whether or not they are using waypoints and/or cupper to get through reives.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Why do I love this game so much?! I've logged back on to do Monstrosity for a bit and now I can't stop. It's so good, why does it have to die?!

FFXI is not dying, it is just eleven years old which is ancient for mmos. If you enjoy monstrosity, you should do the dragon quest and ffxiv crossover events. If you get all three items from each, you can get a fetish. Slime fetish and Spriggan fetish are used in monstrosity.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Moldy Taxes posted:

I meant more with regards to scripting song/healing/enhancing. At least, last I remember Healing would still skill up even when healing someone at full HP, just that it had less of a chance to.

Skilling Enfeebling and Elemental is a hell I'd like to not experience again. If I can avoid it with sparks, I'll gladly do it.

Skilling up Enfeebling and Elemental is a lot easier than Healing/Enhancing/Singing/Wind/String. The best way to skillup Enfeeb/Elemental magics is to go to Abyssea La Theine when there is an exp party there. Silence the worms, and spam the lowest mp cost spell you have. Rinse and repeat till you have capped Elemental/Enfeed magics.

The best way to cap Healing/Enhancing/and any magic that you can spam on yourself is to go to Abyssea Empyreal Paradox. Grab your refresh and fast cast atmas. Use either a skillup script or spam your magics yourself. As long as you stay outside of Shinryu's zone you can stay there for awhile.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Paladine_PSoT posted:

I want to set up a weekly nyzul run if anyone is interested, we'd need enough to be able to succeed at lamp floors. 5 would probably be ideal. Ultimately I'm wanting to get my Murgleis so if anyone else is working on mythics or wants to, post or PM

I am up for doing NNI.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Paladine_PSoT posted:

I'd like to do at least one standard nyzul climb first if that's cool? I haven't started yet so I need the complete.

What times are good? Saturdays and Mondays are good for me, I prefer later in the evening because I'm generally putting the kids to bed until 8:30-9:00 PST

I would also like to do a regular nyzul climb as well. I am free anytime in the evenings EST.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Majumbo posted:

Are you using Windower? Also if you have a newer graphics card make sure "graphics stabiliziation" is checked. FFXI is DX8 and the new cards don't natively support that and it can get messed on sometimes.

You probably couldn't do sufficient damage and the time it would take for one person to run to all the mobs, even at 400% speed, would be too long.

The lamp floors that require you to do it in order would be a pain.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

LiquidFriend posted:

I'd say at least 5, so that you aren't hosed on a big lamps floor.

MNK and WAR are really good for NNI, as you can mow down a large group of mobs with Retaliation/Counterstance and AoE Weaponskills. It can be done without speed hacks, but your probability goes up a lot when using it.

Now granted, this is what you need to do if you want a high chance of making it to floor 100. If you're willing to settle with a floor 80 finish, your setup is a lot more forgiving.

I'd probably run with this:
WAR
MNK
SCH
BRD
Another SCH/WHM/RDM

Last slot can be filled with whatever DD you want, or you can try it with just 5.

Honestly though, I think it'd be fine to settle with just going to floor 80 and having a 100% success rate. There are only 2 pieces that I'd consider must haves (Thaumas coat, Nares pants), one really good piece (phorcys body) and maybe phorcys hands. The rest of the stuff got replaced with better gear.

E: Looks like I really underestimated how easy this event got! Just bring a healer and 5 ilvl DDs and you'll be fine!

The thaumas pieces with ranged attk are decent for anyone who wants to use a ranged weapon. We went 2/3 with 5 melee and 1 mage.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Paladine_PSoT posted:

Is 9pm PST on a saturday still "in the evening"?

9pm PST would be 12am EST, so it is late evening for me but still evening. It being Saturday, I can do 3 or 4 runs.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Paladine_PSoT posted:

Grunknor and LiquidFriend (in game names the same?). Anyone else for starting a Nyzul Isle climb Saturday at 9pm pst?

My in game name is Jewbacca

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Majumbo posted:

Leveling is pretty quick now thanks to the Trust NPCS and Records of Eminence and Grounds of Valor. I did RDM 1-49 in about 5 hours solo and only kind of paying attention.

I was also able to get 4 merits doing Records of Eminence quests, while I maxed out evasion and dagger on my thf. I was just killing the mandies outside Western Adoulin, in Ceizak Battleground. Maybe if you add in lair/colonization reives plus the coalition quest to the mix, you can get 20 merits easily. The 20 merit toll per person per AA/DM 2.0 fights is a bit annoying.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Paladine_PSoT posted:

Any reason to do the af3+2 now with the new relic available?

AF3+2 is still worthwhile. They are used more as gear to spellcast swap in and out for certain abilities or certain situations. Whm and brd are the only exceptions I can think of. Cor can get away with just 5/5 af3+2, but they will not be getting decent dps on their pewpews.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

GreaseMonkey posted:

Thank you to "Beautiful" for hooking me up with a linkpearl and some starting supplies. Now to grind myself until I'm at a character and skill level where I can assist the greater goon community.

You and any other goon that is new or coming back to ffxi, feel free to ask any and all questions. Sometimes we might just tell you to look it up on the wiki or bgwiki. We are not being mean, but sometimes that really is the best place to look. I also recommend you do Records of Eminence and Trust magic(at least get Kupipi, Naji, Exenmille). Records of Eminence is a great way to level and get some gear/weapons. Trust magic is basically a quest to get summonable NPCs that help you fight, you can have up to three at a time.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

frodnonnag posted:

Seriously, get them all for RoE. Especially the new four as they're timed (As far as i know) and only require their expansion's points to get. be it campaign points, imperial standing, cruor or whatever the gently caress WOTG uses.

You are right. A neat trick that Rukuka taught me, is to release any npc low on mp, then resummon. When it comes back, it will be at full mp.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Cool Blue Reason posted:

He isn't very good from my experience.

Ayame is just as good if not better than Zeid, she has not done any skillchains yet but does more consistent damage than Zeid. Zeid is a drk so he spends most of his time /wrist instead of doing dps.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Paladine_PSoT posted:

I skillchain quite a bit with Ayame and Naji, it depends on who they're paired with.

That makes sense, I only had Ayame paired with Zeid. Who wants to skillchain with a stinky galkan drk?

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

G Prestige posted:

I was able to get up to 70 inventory spaces on my new character without doing any quests to build fame. After that, I think you need to build fame though. This might be an old change, but it's news to me.

Each quest has a different Jeuno fame requirement. Some might be the same, but it usually increases by 1 fame rank per quest. The current gobbiebag limit is 80. So you would have to have done some quests to get fame. I doubt they changed that without telling anyone.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Majumbo posted:

Eh they might have stealth changed it as part of the quality of life improvements since trading a million millioncorn to a man that is in love with his chocobo only fits the loosest definition of "quest"

Braw wirk, lad.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

G Prestige posted:

My character was brand new. I had just hit level 70 on Dragoon and had only done the Maat quests, chocobo quest and rank missions up to 5. Unless those counted towards it, I didn't do any other quests.

They probably changed it and I did not read about it.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

CubsWoo posted:

NEW AND RETURNING GOONS: DO YOU NEED SEALS FOR YOUR EMPYREAN +1 ARMOR? DO YOU HAVE 30 HIGH KINDRED CRESTS (or 60 of any other seal to swap with Shemo?)

The bonus drop campaign from certain BCNMs ends on the 14th, so this weekend I'll be available to solo the HKCNM30 Taurassic Park for anyone who needs to get their seals. All you need to do is provide the orb to let us into the BC, once I'm in I normally solo the BC in under 3 minutes. All 5 mobs in the BC will drop a guaranteed loot pool of various scrolls (GEO spells, Raise III, Utsu: Ni, Phalanx, Ancient Magic, etc) alongside a Kupon for either a full set of seals for one armor piece of your choice OR a Kupon for a cape/torque from Sea in addition to the loot from the final chest.

I would like to get the whm body and legs for my mule. Is this offer still good?

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

The prices of die and liminal residue don't seem to be dropping much. :( I have to guess that costing 1 and 2k points respectively, there are other things to buy that will yield better returns. Not getting many in WoE either, I might have to buckle down and farm dyna coins for a while instead.

WoE has really weird drop rates, you are better off doing something that is guaranteed.

@Knox: Why would you ask if this is the top 5 in terms of population? This is an 11 year old mmo, it used to be top 5 back in 2003/2004. Nowadays I have no idea, there are probably millions of mmos out there. Korea releases a new mmo every week. If you want to join us, we are all on the Quetzalcoatl server. The server barely break 1,000 people on it during the weekend. Anyone telling you to join another server that is not quetzalcoatl is trolling you. The goon shell is called GetOut.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

ChrispyPolanks posted:

Hey guys i just started playing this game again after a few years. I started from scratch and looking for a LS to call home. I spoke to someone last night but they never got back to me.

I love the feel of the game. I jumped in it and knew right away what to do. Happy to be back !

I will be in game today after 6 pm EST.

IGN: Chiodusblue

My in game name is Jewbacca. You can also ask Frodnon, Jamiemadrox, Magichero, Rukuka, and I am sure there are more who are linksack holders or above.

I meant to get back to you, but I was so excited and tired I forgot all about you. I apologize.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/39292-Cait-Sith-Atomos?p=490682&viewfull=1#post490682

That is a link to a post about caitsith and atomos summons.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Paladine_PSoT posted:

So I finally got into Dynamis Xarcabard, figured i'd farm 2 hours or until I got my thief hands.

Got all 5 TEs, went to a nice area that I figured I could pretty much continuously pull in where there didn't appear to be any mage spawns. First mob was a kindred ninja that went straight up Allahu akbar on me. It didn't even swing its weapons at me, it just 2 hour'd and killed me before my sneak fully wore.

:sigh:

Just stick with it. You will get them eventually. Dyna xarc or dyna tav are both pretty bad. Dyna xarc is probably easier to farm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur
Endgame can be done with 5 people. Wildskeeper Reives can be done solo, with your trust npcs. You just need to wait for a shout for the wkr. If no one is shouting for a wkr, ask in /shout "which wkr is everyone doing?" As far as solo stuff goes, you can solo a lot of stuff. You can solo all the missions, except a few. You can do Coalitions, farm abyssea, do assaults, farm salvage, farm dynamis, etc.