Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
This game sucks and I can't stop playing it.

I've been lurking around as Kardys, can a sackholder shoot a pearl my way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Say what you want about Gustaberg's looks, but I still think it has the best music out of all three of them. :colbert:

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

So is RDM still a bad class?

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

I just want to be a person with cool clothes that does things with cool swords :negative:

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

I haven't actually resubbed so I'll probably be gone for a while after the free period is up, but I'm Cherece on Asura if anyone wants to toss a pearl at me.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Is anyone else still not able to log in yet?

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

There's some Bird types right next to the zone line to Meadows in Misareaux that are pretty good for high 70s-ish.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

So do we know anything about the mobile version beyond "it exists"

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

you need the torch key item from another sidequest that i forget the name of, it should be in the prereq list for G3 over on xiclopedia

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

You lose like 100xp after lv30, it's insignificant

also if you want to do -all- of the story you're in for a longass wild ride so get ready

a good place to start is probably the Rhapsodies plot which kinda incorporates the other plot into it, I think the bgwiki has the details on that stuff

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

alternatively wait for the mobile version, however that's going to play out

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

I just resubbed to this for reasons unknown, and I never really asked yall before I quit; I never got to Adoulin endgame, what about it makes melee DPS classes so bad? I'm just kinda curious because it's all I ever really play.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

All we can really do is hope for the best :ohdear:

If anything I'm more worried about a dumb stamina system rather than gameplay-tied IAPs. Although I guess that counts as one

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Nexon international is comedically bad with cash shop bullshit but I don't know how bad Nexon Korea is

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

only the ps2 and 360 ones

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Zero expectations means that I can't be disappointed

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

She's like 500 login points

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

I honestly do miss the more muted colors of xi sometimes

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

You can use trusts and do basically anything except current endgame alone but it sucks being in an even emptier world than normal

Honestly, it's not hard to level now at all and recreating on Asura is probably a decent idea unless you have a ton of high levels and relevant equipment

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Is there a way to disable the trade/shout chat in cities so i can not have my screen fill with bile the second i come in from a field? The normal config settings don't seem to get rid of it

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Honestly, I'm kind of in a similar boat with WAR of not really knowing what I should be doing. I'm just working on Merit points for now but I'm still using outrider gear and all of my other stuff is low level garbage. I can't find any reliable info either because all of the info is "here is your BIS from reisenjima"

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

I've been doing fencer stuff because I'm an idiot but the same thing would apply there, I guess. Thanks! I'm still not sure what I'm gonna do about secondary bits like accessories but I'll probably just figure that out as I go

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Sorry for asking so many dumb questions, but I've been messing around with BLU on the side and is there any decent method for getting stuff from enemies that you massively outlevel? I can sit afk and go to the dang store and come back and an orc still doesn't have enough TP to use Battle Dance.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Is the available documentation regarding blue magic sources accurate, or does it just apply to most members of a given family? I'm having a hard time keeping super low level stuff alive even through dia casts

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Paladine_PSoT posted:

mostly, this is one of those things where ffxiclopedia > bgwiki

Honestly, both of them have proven to be somewhat shaky, I've run into multiple undocumented blue magic source enemies so it's probably just untested for a lot of things

Also, man, BLU is some hot garbage during leveling. I'm not sure if I'm focusing on the wrong area, but my physical damage is severely lacking compared to what I'm normally used to.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

So I'm trying to get a JSE cape and I'm having a hard time making it to reives before other people who somehow manage to get there before I do, even if I leave the previous one before them. Is movehacking a prevalent thing in this game or something? It's annoying.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Nah, it was Lairs all in one zone. I didn't have access to WKRs until earlier today. I was probably wasting my time trying to get lucky drops from lairs though.

I don't really know what I'm doing after getting some starting 119 gear, honestly. All of the 119 weapons look hard as poo poo to get and I'm not quite sure what to do. Most of my options look like they're from Fete NMs which I absolutely can't do on my own. Ragnarok looks interesting but I don't really know how to get Dynamis currency besides doing procs for 1-value drops. I saw that there was an ongoing campaign but I'm not sure if that's something I need multiple people to do.

I guess I could just keep working on JP, but I don't have all of the bonuses and it still takes a good 15-20 minutes with Trizek up just to get one because my gear is poo poo on top of that, so I'm kind of at a loss.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Kieyen posted:

Try asking other people for help. Get someone to help you run through some ambuscade to get some okay 119 gear.

I'm running partial Ambuscade gear already, I think you were the one that helped me with that. I guess I could work towards upgrading that.

I noticed cheap buyable weapons but they're Su1 so I'd have to grind for a little while to be able to use those. Oboro caught my eye but I don't have anywhere near the amount of gil that I would need to afford the items for it

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Yeah, I've already got the GAxe which is okay enough, I'm just looking into other options right now. I'll have to see if I can get more vouchers. I'm interested in PLD and other sword classes but the pressure of poo poo like Aegis and Ochain is putting me off a bit

Also, is there some other LS that I should be looking for? I feel like I'm mostly talking to dead air in the goon LS and it'd be nice to have some other kind of community to interact with.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

That's where I already am. I dunno where to go from here so I've just been working on campaigns since I've kinda hit a wall in terms of what I know about. I guess the answer is to keep doing ambuscade but I still can't quite consistently clear it yet. Maybe with actual players but I dunno if anyone would take a person with my level of gear. It feels like that even with baseline alluvion and ambuscade gear I'm just kinda floundering at the bottom of the barrel while everyone around me is a small god with mastered jobs. It's intimidating

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

get someone to help you open the altepa gate from inside though because it loving sucks to actually do the thing to open it alone

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

I don't think I've ever felt my soul deflate as much as spending hours slogging through opening the altepa gate all on my own for savage blade, talking about it in LS afterwards, and having several people go "you know you could have gotten someone to open that for you right"

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

From a bit of digging around there's better pservers out there that cut out a good chunk of bullshit and keep certain things in like HP teleports, they also have an automated stock of items in the AH

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

I just use ingame macro sets because i'm lazy as gently caress

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

the 6th KI is the last one that gives an exp boost, the last 3 boost CP instead

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Nexon is developing it but last I heard SE is still having a lot of say in how stuff goes. At the very least I think Yoshida let slip that they've had pretty good amounts of involvement with the project

Also I think the original screenshots were very rough examples with placeholder graphics or something as a mockup interface or something? We'll have to see how it actually pans out

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Came back because I have nothing better to do with myself. Do a lot of people actually still play on Asura, or is it just bots all the way down? I almost never see conversation in shout chat or whatever it is they added and whenever I do it's usually smothered by dozens of macros advertising PL services. I've run into maybe a handful of folks actually playing out in the wild and the rest have just been bot parades. Is it like this even on the less-populated servers too? I get that there's a lot of folks sick and tired of playing ffxi normally but man this feels lonelier than a server that's almost empty

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Yea I wasn't intending to be grouching it up, it was just really confusing after being gone for only about a year or so (and honestly in retrospect a lot of poo poo I remember in shout convos in 2019 wasn't really exactly great stuff, usually racist poo poo or fun opinions about FFFEEEMALES so I guess in some ways merc shouting is preferable). I'm not really sure where to even look for a decent community so I'll probably drop into discord later

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

CodfishCartographer posted:

No worries, it was pretty shocking to me seeing how bot-heavy and merc-heavy things were when I came back after not having played since ~08. The best way to look for a decent community is honestly just through the players themselves. Group up with randos and eventually you'll find cool people, then just ask to join their linkshell. Once you're in there you can meet more people etc. Nowadays you have to make a more concentrated effort to be social, since you can get to endgame pretty handily without ever talking to another player, right up to the point where suddenly you need a reliable group of people to accomplish anything.

Yeah, one of the reasons I ended up falling off so hard was hitting lategame adoulin to earlygame escha and struggling really hard on my own with just trusts... I remember asking around for advice and pretty much all I got out of folks was "just rmt gil and get a merc to carry you through reisen lmao" which isn't exactly what I would call very engaging or fulfilling so hopefully I manage to actually find a decent handful of folks to do things with/get some things done beyond flailing around in low end ambuscade before burning out horrendously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

That's a real roundabout way to describe what was probably gacha for gear