Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".
I can't believe I'm re-subbing to this retarded game. :( Oh well, time to go kill some poo poo on BST. :black101:

Did they fix ninja yet, or are they still useless as a tank in seekers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".
Dragoon's new JA is rather lovely. I think I got like 4 extra jumps in with it. :(

WKRs are a lot more fun now that you can just zerg them. Not Yumcax though, he's still a pain in the dick. Seems like they upped the drop rate by a lot which is awesome.

Even the new +1 bayld gear is pretty nice for something so easily attainable. Overall I am really happy with this update. Curious to see how hard the AF+1 bcnms are and how long it will take to upgrade a piece of gear.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

LiquidFriend posted:

You can actually get them from heroes abyssea zones too.

Victory Smite using Oatixur is really good.

If you want to do a WoE weapon, you can now pull one out of the magian chest that will skip all the NM's and VNM's. If you actually go through the hunt, the amount of seals/coins/dice you need is reduced.

Also, I think this dumb game has managed to pull me back in. Why can't I ever quit you, FFXI? :( Get back into FFXI goons and get loaded up with SoA gear and we can do a lot of stuff :)

That's really cool. If you make a WoE weapon can you use it to unlock the WS for other weapons, or does that only work for empys?

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

Wolfevangelist is doing shouts for WKRs pretty much 24/7 right now. I've been home sick for the last couple days and managed to get the new axe, polearm, sword and knuckles as well as a bunch of mantles and other junk. If you still need any KIs now is the perfect time to get them.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

LiquidFriend posted:

Depends on the job. Magian weapons really aren't viable anymore (although good to do quite a few of them to unlock emp Weaponskills).

The top weapons that aren't a super grind to get would come from Wildkeeper Reives and fracture.

Pretty much this. Without a huge time investment you could farm up some bayld, get outfitted in bayld gear then hit up wildskeeper reives. Fight stuff for a few minutes, then go watch tv or whatever. When you come back you might have an ilvl 115 weapon. Congrats, you are now geared well enough to participate in most content.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

The joke's on them, I don't have any money. :smuggo:

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

Kudos to the brave goons who defeated Yumcax tonight! It was a tough battle, but I like to think the key to victory was us killing a bunch of trash mobs, dying a lot and generally loving around.

Shield me with your tiny bodies.

Jewy getting the hell out of dodge.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

I've said it before, but I love how casual this game has gotten. It's great being able to play for a couple hours a night and always feel like you've accomplished something. I won't miss the days of spending hours doing sky every night to some day have a shot at getting one piece of gear. Anyone who says the game was better back then is a massive sperg and they can go to hell. :colbert:

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

LiquidFriend posted:

The calculation for combat skills plus are done via server side for some goofy rear end reason. You're getting the bonus (it'll show on the parrying skill +) though.

Anyone up for Tuesday night skirmish? Looking to get the skirmish dagger from Cirdas for MH.

I'm up for it. I also need the ki from yorcia to +1 my dagger so I'd be up for that as well.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

If they're looking into more quality of life adjustments, I'd really like to see them adjust weakness. After a raise it should be 2 mins tops, with maybe slightly less of a penalty. Double weakness is bullshit as well. It's a huge pain in the rear end for stuff like WKRs to be constantly dying to AOE only to have to wait 5 mins before you can be effective again.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

Shaezerus posted:

Oh, man, you can get Joachim as a battlefriend? This is the best update.

And Mihli! :swoon:

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

LiquidFriend posted:

Wow, the ilvl 119 AF doesn't disappoint at all. The amount of merit points you need to make a Key Item is absurd, but I like the idea of it so people finally have incentive to exp again.

Oh cool, finally an upgrade from Rose Strap. Now I never have to do Campaign, hooray!

As someone who needs a bunch of exp and merits I am super excited by this news.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

In regards to skilling up, I know the general strategy was always to target mobs 10ish levels above the current skill level. Is that because there's some kind of penalty for fighting mobs above that range, or is it just because normally you wouldn't have enough acc to hit them? With the new ilvl weapons, should I stick to the 10 lvl rule or just whack away at harder mobs as long as my acc stays capped?

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

Cool, thanks for the advice guys. Weirdly, I've been having a hard time getting aby parties lately. For now my solution has been to park my rear end on the beach in ceizac with kupipi out. I can fight one urganite for like 15 min and the only tp move they use is poison, which she removes instantly.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

Is NNI able to be soloed now as well? I heard they lowered the entry requirements, curious if it's actually feasible though.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

Make sure you type /sea all name, otherwise it just searches in your area. Rudya and Rukuka also have pearl sack iirc.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

Rolling with Kupipi(whm), Mihli(whm) and Joachim(brd) is pretty awesome for skilling up and doing reives. I wish joachim would give double marches, or at least minuet but he only seems to ever give me madrigal/march or paeons if hp is low.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

Sweet, I hope this drives the price of WoE currency down enough that I can actually afford to make a weapon.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

I am down for neo-nyzul whenever. I want a thaumas coat. :saddowns:

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

To goons with Neo-Limbus experience, is it feasible for dnc or bst to solo the bosses there? I'd like to try for a patentia sash sometime, but I have to assume it wouldn't still be 6M if it was that easy to get.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

Wow yeah that was really easy. Fifteen mins of work and I got the sash. I only lost one pet to mortal ray, didn't even have to use a reward.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

Is there any consensus yet on how difficulty affects AA item drops? I'd like to attempt the mithra solo on VE, just curious if it's even possible to get the axe or mask on that difficulty.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

Cool, thanks for the replies. I'm kind of pumped to try out dnc/run soon. Dancer's self heals and -pdt combined with the magic resist of run seems like an interesting combo.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

LiquidFriend posted:

Hit up Walk of Echoes if you need gil before the daily login thing overflows the market. The money is good, it's easy to do and you can run it an unlimited amount of times.

It's also a lot more forgiving of an event if you're not experienced with soloing.

Are there are a few that are better for money drops than others? I've been doing a couple that are supposed to drop pouches according to wiki, but all I ever seem to get is crap and 1 or 2 coins of whatever.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

CubsWoo posted:

WoE suffers from Voidwatch Drop Syndrome where you're going to get ~5k in NPCables from most clears and while it's OK solo, especially if you have a job that can do Hydra -> Amph -> Harpy on an infinite loop it's a much better choice for people who can bring 2-3+ characters and get multiple chests rewards from each clear.

But yeah now that people are getting the bigger login point amounts coin/die/residue prices are going to come down pretty hard.

Ah that makes sense. DNC/RUN is pretty great for it, with FD up and the appropriate runes you can pretty much sleep through the fights.

New update is looking good so far. Pets will be made more effective. Pet updates are always welcome. I thought it would be cool if they gave bst an ability or trait like recycle/infinite shot to allow them to use a jug without consuming it occasionally. That way you'd have an incentive to bust out some of the more exotic jugs once in a while.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

Can I borrow that money to uh spend

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

The prices of die and liminal residue don't seem to be dropping much. :( I have to guess that costing 1 and 2k points respectively, there are other things to buy that will yield better returns. Not getting many in WoE either, I might have to buckle down and farm dyna coins for a while instead.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

frodnonnag posted:

So just found something pretty cool buried in the windower and BG forums
http://pignax.com/pub/ffxi60fps_v0.01.7z

It's a set of little EXE files that uncap FPS for FFXI. the results are highly noticeable.
it does freakout however in moghouses and uncaps FPS completely there.

Very cool, thanks. I can't wait to try this out. I can't remember the reason for the 30 fps cap, but I thought it was like, integral to how the game runs or something like that.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

Dancer and Rune fencer getting some adjustments (Also puppetmaster but who gives a poo poo) :toot:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/39767
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/39763

DNC update is good. It's nice that healing waltz won't be on regular waltz timer anymore. I wish they'd just make it so no waltzes share a timer, but decreasing some of the recasts is a start I guess.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

Afterglow brochain or bust.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

Eight-Six posted:

Skirmish III is slated to take place in the new area, hope you still have your Skirmish II stuff still around.

As soon as I read that I immediately checked my mog house to make sure I still had my weapons. Being a pack-rat pays off again!

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

Ten marbles, I didn't get jack poo poo. :negative:

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

Rune fencer, now is your time to shine! :shepface:

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

The cloth you need 2 of for the KI to damage reives in the new area drops off the fomor dudes in the middle of the map. The mage dudes aren't bad solo but be careful not to aggro multiples or they will gently caress your poo poo promptly.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

Would of been funnier if he bought a gold ring.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

Enhancing skill capped :toot:. My runes are now the runiest and gooniest. Spellcast is a godsend.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

Oh boy I can't wait. :shepicide:

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

Is there any point in leveling rng without a REM weapon? I'm thinking of re-subbing to this awful games and it would be nice to at least be able to try some of the higher level poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

Back in and ready to get my rune on. :shepface: I was a retard and had a bunch of beitetsu in my bazaar for like 1k which is apparently worth money now since it was bought up immediately. Does dyna currency still sell decently? It's the only thing I have ever really been able to farm consistently.