Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".
Awesome, thanks for the heads up. I'll have to give salvage a try on my dnc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".
wow so fresh!

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

Dnc is also good for solo farming sparks. I've been spamming the "do 500 dmg" quest in abyssea for sparks, merits, cruor and Gil.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

I thought that dnc was the more efficient dynamis farmer due to being able to lock sub for white procs and still have access to self heals and snk/invis. Maybe that's changed though, it's been a long time since I last farmed there.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

Skirm updates incoming :toot:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/42528

Between this and the new WKR weapon augments I might actually be able to pull together some half decent gear.

I wish they'd increase the drop rates on statue parts in general though. I never get poo poo from the rieves. I'm going to try mining in raznar to see if that's any more productive.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

That's one thing I love/hate about this game. Even after a decade, many of the mechanics are still being debated. Have the devs ever confirmed whether direction even has any effect on crafting?

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

Red mage is the most useful job in the game

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

I look forward to the triumphant return of SATA viper bite!

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

RIP fish, you gone the way of chocobo blikners

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

New WKR augments are kind of neat. Too bad they can't add any base dmg or +skill to the weapons. My bird sword with +TA, OAT and +crit is pretty fun though. One-shotting mobs outside adoulin with reso was hilarious. Any word on how the new RUN ws stacks up?

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

Is there a coles notes for which ws are actually good now and which got hosed?

The impression I get from BG nerds is that sam got some awesome ws, as did thf and dnc. No idea about any others. From personal testing the new run ws isn't that great. At every tp level it hit about the same or worse than reso without buffs. I guess it could be worth it if you want to save merits on run. :shrug:

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

I'm in the same boat. :( My only worry is that by the time I finish WOTG they'll have nerfed TP bonus moonshade.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

Tried soloing Raz'nar skirmish tonight and found it to not really be feasible. On a solo job, you will likely time out and on a DD job you're probably going to end up dying due to the trusts being even more retarded than the average pubbie.

My gear is far from perfect, but I assume if someone had awesome gear they wouldn't bother soloing it anyway.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

Gruknor posted:

Did you try it on easy? Did you use cupper to run fast and through walls?

Some of the nms in that zone are a huge pain in the rear end with their aoe. Pet jobs will probably have a hard time, but might also have the best shot, if their pet can take hits.

I tried 1/1/1 on DNC and MNK, cupping pretty hard. On DNC I was doing ok while I was turtling, but it was taking too long so I tried to speed it up by busting out some SCs. I ended up getting para'd and dying. On MNK my NPCs ate a few AoEs and sat there curing themselves while I died lmbo

I wouldn't mind trying it on BST with the new HQ pets, but I have a feeling you would still time out. It could be possible with great gear and some luck, but if you're just after KIs it's a much better use of your time to just grab a few pubbies and burn 1/1/1 simalcrums.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

I soloed a few Ralas and they were a cake walk with cupper and npcs. I wore full DD gear and only had to drop saber dance to cure poison a couple times. I don't imagine cirdas being much different.

I hope to see more people doing Raz skirmishes in the future as they are a really easy source of ilvl 119 gear for people who can't or don't want to do AA's or delve. I think the big limiting factors before were A) the drop rate on KIs was p bad, and B) Reives in Raz were somewhat difficult to solo and also had poo poo drop rates on statue parts. With those two issues resolved, who knows!

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

I'm down as well. It may have changed, but I heard the KI drop rate is the same for all difficulties. If thats still the case, the easiest way to get 119 stuff is to just burn a bunch of T1 pops. We could pretty much roll with whatever in that case. I have a few somewhat decently geared DD jobs I can bring.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

Rune swrod get! :toot:

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

Rala with trusts is very easy. I did it on dancer and monk with zero issues using kupipi, cherukiki and ulmia.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

Welcome to SoA, where monks get Oats and everyone else can suck a dick!

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

Thanatos Mazus posted:

I just returned within the past month, and I'm wondering if there's a non-abyssea way to level from 60+ to 99 with some sort of reasonable speed. I did Kuftal Tunnel pages from 60~ to 99 on my first job, and I really don't want to repeat that. I tried Colibri and Fomors earlier today, but without FOV/GOV bonuses, it's quite a slog. Is there some alternative I'm not aware of?

Do the bat GoV page in bostuanieux oubliette until exp caps (Around lvl 70 iirc) then the leech page will take you to 99.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

The only thing I miss since switching to XIV is cheating with goons and making fun of the retarded sperg lords that still populate this game.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

frodnonnag posted:

Burtgang is better.

I think u meant ragnarok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

BUGS OF SPRING posted:

Yeah you're crazy, Abyssea was the best. I don't think I had that much fun in ages really. Being able to accomplish a lot with a small group is what FFXI needed at that stage in its life. It also broke down a lot of walls on what jobs were NEEDED. Sure the cookie cutter jobs were the best, but you could roll in as any job and get poo poo done too. I actually wish they had done more with it.

Atmas were the coolest thing. I only wish that (like most things in XI) they were better balanced. Some of them were loving awesome (RR, VV, MM, etc) while a lot of them just sucked balls.