Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

frodnonnag posted:

Play both!

This is what I'm doing. Stockholm Syndrome is absolutely not overstating it. This dumb game has some sort of arcane hold on me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I was all psyched to get back into this game, then I looked at RDM's new SP ability and it was like a hammerblow to the ankles of my enthusiasm.

At least Summoner's is okay? Sort of?

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

frodnonnag posted:

Summoner's new SP pretty much means we can stunga chainlock a group. It's debatable on if this new ability means any significant amount of damage during it.

Yeah, I guess, but I can't think of a time my LS actually uses chainstun, ever. The Sandworm in Legion is the last thing I ever remember chainstunning. Tojil, Dakuwaqa and Muyingwa are selectively stunned by 2 SCHs so that they don't build resist, and that's the entire extent of challenging endgame content at the moment.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Why do I love this game so much?! I've logged back on to do Monstrosity for a bit and now I can't stop. It's so good, why does it have to die?!

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Gruknor posted:

FFXI is not dying, it is just eleven years old which is ancient for mmos. If you enjoy monstrosity, you should do the dragon quest and ffxiv crossover events. If you get all three items from each, you can get a fetish. Slime fetish and Spriggan fetish are used in monstrosity.

Ah, I was wondering where those came from. I'm powering towards unlocking Behemoth but I'll definitely look into those.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Paladine_PSoT posted:

Teamed up with misandry tonight, we started at the bastok market gate synced to my level 10 dancer. We killed everything in sight making 1 loop around vamp hill, then going straight to the dunes. By the time we crossed into the dunes we were level 23 and I had enough sparks to get an entire eminent armour set in addition to the sword i got last night.

By the way, can a level 99 party sync to a level 99? If so, we could totally spark/merit farm by getting an alliance in a zone with high spawns and setting the appropriate crystal gathering RoE. 100 sparks per 10 crystals, kills, high damage, and level sync kills. We'd be getting sparks at like 10-20k per hr and capping merits. Good way to get rem's tale pages and merits for DM pops.

I don't actually know, and suspect not, but if you got someone at level 98 in Merit mode you could also farm the "kill 200 mobs while level synced" RoE too at the same time. As well as the vanilla "kill 200" and "kill 500" ones.

Also if you want to skill up solo go to Aby-Tahrongi and fling spells at the NM turtle. He doesn't move until certain HP threshholds so he's basically helpless til you're done.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Living the dream.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

LiquidFriend posted:

Hello there, BBB ;-*

I've evolved into Big Beautiful Elasmoth now, which is DRK/WAR to Behemoth's WAR/WAR. Souleater coming off 9k HP is hilarious, I can down IT mobs in 4 hits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Paladine_PSoT posted:

ffxi crossed over with pokemon?

Now I wish I could run around Vana'diel as a Pikachu. :negative:

E; Souleater with 13k HP: 1500 normal hits, 2200 Wild Horns (in an AoE!). Insane.

MarquiseMindfang fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Dec 16, 2013