Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

What's the thing that can make you run faster, aka at a not crazy slow speed. Didn't it have something to do with windower?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

I need a pearl and also someone to help me with windhurst 3-2

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

What content would be considered endgame stuff that you cant solo with trusts now. Is there any left?

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

What's the linkshell to join on Asura these days. The reddit one was huge but it died.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

I'm an attractive guy in a large metro who also happened to play FF11 for too long. I got plenty of swipes and sex the normal way but after a while I got bored and started playing games and needed a more playful way to approach it. So I deleted my Tinder account and when the servers came back up the NM (re)spawned for the first time.

We all know how NMs work in FF11. There are a very wide range of spawn conditions and some pop for 1h every 2h then depop, some pop bi-annually. I had to figure out how to strike a balance so I was challenging to catch, not to confusing, a rare find to stumble across, and not be so elusive that I never got laid. Hmm...

I played with a bunch of spawn conditions for me Tinder card to be online. Next full moon. Next time it rains in my zip code. Wednesdays from 7 to 7:15. After drinking (killing) 40 protein shakes. From 2 to 3 while I lift weights. Every time my Tinder card was online I put the information with my next spawn condition and directly told girls to tell other girls to see if they could catch me.

I didn't let many more than before catch me because I can afford to be picky, but watching those swipes come at me in real time when I "spawned" always gave me some of the largest smiles in years.

They were all waiting for the NM to pop, and they were ready to Provoke it when it did.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Is anyone here playing on Eden?

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Kazy posted:

No because classic ffxi was bad

Oh word?

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

I'm pretty new to Eden. Just hit 18 on my Red Mage. If anyone wants to help with that subjob quest...

Carmant fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Aug 26, 2020

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Paint Crop Pro posted:

I've been playing on Wings for the past few months and loving it.

It has some of the end game content with plans to put out more in the future (Dynamis just got released and hopefully Sea comes out soon.)

For me it has hit the sweet spot of enough players were the game world still feels full (Around 700 players during NA evenings) but small enough where things aren't priced way out of ever being able to get them / every NM has 10 people camping it. (LL usually has 1-5 people at any given time.)

Plus fun stuff I didn't get to experience like FOV books and such. Definitely scratching an itch I didn't know I was missing for a while.

Also to add to an earlier post, I knew I was hooked as soon as I took my first trip from Mhuara to Selina. So much nostalgia. Though the sea horror didn't even pop.

Eden just got Ballista :smug:

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Private servers are fun. You should give them a shot.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Hot take I don't think the UI is bad. It works much better on a controller than XIV does.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Population. Eden is super top heavy on top of just not being that populated these days, gonna be harder to get parties at lower levels and most people still playing already have things like Promy done . Horizon still has 1.5-2k online regularly even in off peak hours and the level distribution is less weighted towards 75. Horizon also has the eco-warrior quest enabled which is a nice little weekly that nets you about 2 levels and is easy to do.

Theoretically I think Eden is a better server, it has more/better content and I trust the devs more, but playing classic XI with a really low pop where everyone is already high level is just not very fun.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

walruscat posted:

Thank you for this breakdown. Seems like a waste to spend time leveling on a private server then. I wonder what makes private server populations lean poo poo-tier. I always figured that type of player wouldn't want the classic experience.

Guys who are like "I was banned for no reason" who go on schizo rants about the server were almost always actually banned for a good reason and are probably not trustworthy sources. Horizon is fine. Most of the players are fine. You run into some assholes and control freaks but that's no different than the live servers. In fact I would imagine most grouping content on live servers these days is even more full of obnoxious minmaxers. If you want a classic experience Eden and Horizon both provide that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Was wondering where some of the Horizon streamers went. That's too bad. Probably some deranged retail enjoyer driven mad by the dominance of Horizon on twitch.