Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

hagie posted:

I wish I could use Windower. It does NOT get along with my system.

Looking for some skill up location suggestions. I am currently around 158 on marksmanship for Cor, maxed out at 99.

I have the skill + head, body, hands, legs, feet, and I have a some ranged acc rings. Suggestions?

I did 1-398 in like 4 hours. Just eat some Montagna and do Hunter's roll and go to Abyssea. You wanted the lowest damage gun and bullets you can get and put on any regen atma you have (there are free ones next to Horst in Port Jeuno) and make a macro that is "/ra <wait 8>" repeated 6 times (change the 8 if it's shooting too fast or too slow based on your gun.

I think i went to Abyssea Altepa and did the ladybugs around your level, then moved to the Manticores until about 350. At that point I just went to Cirdas caverns with my trusts and did quickdraws and weapon skills to cap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Bender posted:

Is there someone on Asura that I could get a linkpearl from later this afternoon? Sorry if this has been answered, the first post doesn't mention any names.

Post your name. I have been keeping an eye out for people requesting pearls

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
I have Windows 10 and have zero problems with Windower. Try that first.

There are a couple workarounds for some of the DX8 problems that messes with Win10. Ashita is the other application with similar functionality to Windower

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Bender posted:

I came back and have been getting a few jobs to 99 while also doing story missions from the various expansions. I'm up to SoA and stuck in the silly waits to get enough imprimpturs, so I thought I'd focus on gearing up a little. I have all the 117 ROE gear. What's a good thing to start focusing on? I'd prefer sticking to stuff I can solo. I have been working on the JSE cape. Anything else?

What Job(s) do you have?

I've been able to solo my 119 Artifact and Relic armor (spending money to buy certain items of course). Also getting Wildskeeper weapons and gear has been super easy during this event. And most of skirmishes should be doable with trusts. The intermediate RoV awards will get you set up with a lot of kupons to get solid items.

You can also try to do VE ambuscades to start getting hallmarks and getting some gear. With proper trust choosing they can do most of the work.

I've now gotten stuck on Vagary for my 119 Empyrean armor, only having beaten the feet boss with a shout alliance.

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
WKR gear is 115 and depends and the augments you can/do get on it and varies greatly by job (like a MAB augmented Atoyac dagger is near best in slot for corsair).

I would say focus on getting through the RoV intermediate quests to jumpstart 119 gear. Reforged Relic gear can be a pain to acquire without thief due to the sheer number of drops and/or currency needed so at least use a treasure hunter trust for that part.

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Here we are. This guide is buried annoyingly deep on BG (or i am blind)

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Fresh_99/RoE_Intermediate_Quest/119_Gear_Guide

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
That Vagary campaign is timely

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Help me finish Vagary please. IGN Herewaard

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
What's the current going rate on Molybdosis gun?

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Shinjobi posted:

What's the current strategy for this month's ambuscade? I know it's vermin/undead.

V2 is that each of the pops gets more difficult as you go. General strategy seems to be Right, Center, Left. Ends up being Chapuli, beetle, wamoura. The chapuli gets too evasive if you do it last and the beetle gets too defensive if you do it last. The wanoura has a TP love that heals itself but you can power through.

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Most of the mounts come from monthly login campaigns. Usually 500 points

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Kortel posted:

Got my Raptor last night. Also acquired Ramuh and Ifrit, second floor for the Mog House and unlocked Bluemage.
Went to get the quest for Leviathen but my faction with Tendo is too low to start the quest. Not seeing any available questsfor them.

The Shady Business quest which has you buying and turning in zinc ore raises tenshodo fame

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Shady_Business

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
And dumb too. Like i just realized my MAB bullet should be in my COR aeolian edge set which i am sure the gearswap template had but i deleted

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

sevenflow posted:

Is there a good way to recap story stuff, and a recommended order to tackle it altogether? I’m trying to get to 99 to go through everything, but ended up doing some RoV and Nation stuff along the way, up to Shadow Lord on both. I wasn’t really paying attention at first and think RoV probably had less impact since I hadn’t met any of the characters yet. But now I’m closing in on 99 and want to catch up and do the rest of things in a way that makes sense.

If you mean find out what happened in things you already did. You can just watch Korvana's youtube channel where they uploaded all of the cutscenes.

Otherwise, yeah. Just go in order of release. RotZ, CoP, ToaU, WotG, finish RoV. Then you can do the miscellaneous smaller stories including the 3 mini-expansions as well as the Abyssea and Voidwatch "stories"

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
The actual stories. Gotta assemble the harem

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Paladine_PSoT posted:

RDM and DRG are the only things close to useful.

Also looking for nyzul isle, einherjar, and assault buddies if anyones interested.

grab me for these anytime. ign Herewaard

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
The Neo Nyzul campaigns are actually rather helpful for Mythic stuff. Just soloing to floor 40 I would get about 1000 tokens but more importantly the "??? Box +2 " that would drop from the 20 and 40 bosses is usually either a cotton coin purse, linen coin purse, or a T3 or T4 ZNM pop item. During the last campaign I was able to snag all 3 ZNM items needed as well as a bunch of the T3 KIs. Plus a few hundred k gil in random sellables from each run.

I only lost one run because floor 39 was an order floor and then on floor 40 my weaponskills were locked.

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

sevenflow posted:

I'm going to play a lot Friday evening and this weekend. Who should I talk to for a Linkpearl? In game name is Acebase.

I should be around most of Friday evening and Saturday morning and can get you a pearl. ign Herewaard

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

we both got Sarameya so let's coordinate and not waste pops

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Pretty sure that one is just killing the ZNM while the weapon is equipped.

It's the 1200 previous kills that require the WS to be used.

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah. Grab two other people and without even having to worry about job comp you can get 2-3 cards easily in a 30min omen run.

Enter as 3 in a party. Drop group as soon as you are in and each person can then call a full contingent of trusts.

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

taels posted:

It says a lot that cop earrings are still an absolute gear must have 75-99 119 and wotg earrings are not

What? The WotG earring with 250 tp bonus is still really good for a lot of weaponskills

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

QuantaStarFire posted:

I just started playing this game again after 12 years and I need to know: how the hell do I disable the mount music? Why would you do this to me, SE? Why would you deny me your mastercrafted zone music for...that...

You can't. People have been asking for this for years

There is a windower addon, setbgm, which allows you to manually choose what music is playing. That's the best you can do

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Everything in Abyssea is really easy at 119. The only thing that can get you is special moves.

Rani is soloable as long as you never take hate from your trust tank since it cannot be charmed. However, you will also have to do all the damage because trusts will just keep healing. Blue proc will be annoying if you are going for the ring.

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Into the Ocean posted:

Anyone on to drop a pearl (is that a thing still? It's been a while)? I'm on Asura, as per the OP, my name is Starve.
I also am a dummy, and if searching a Linkshell is a thing I don't know how to.

i just looked for you but couldn't find you

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
I've never had a problem with windower outside of a few cutscenes which are well known to make the client hang.

If I were to start multiboxing again I would probably make the switch to Ashita.

That's error suggests that the installation is messed up or the registry is getting messed up with something ashita is trying to do with the client

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Very dead.

Abyssea exp isn't normal so doesn't get any of the exp boost. You can get way more than the ~600exp per kill that abyssea caps at just chaining EM or DC enemies elsewhere.

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, at the end of chapter two of RoV you will have all exp and limit point boosts

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Depending on what I am doing, it can be annoying maneuvering a DD character. That said, my 3rd is both a WAR and WHM since WAR can just Reso spam for good DPS. I might PL up his COR just so I can toss rolls when I can't 3box DD effectively but Yoran can still do the job.

Sadly Cornelia is no longer an option since she was always slot #1. Probably now would be Koru + Ulmia + Joachim. That should cap Magic Haste which is a big DPS improvement for PLD. Disclaimer: I do have Burtgang so that's already a big DPS increase.

The problem with Qultada is he will just use his attack roll and then refresh roll, both of which are kind of lovely. All the DD trust really fall off at higher levels, doubtful this level cap increase to trusts will really change that.

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Verbose posted:

green shrub trust?

Ygnas.

Requires completing all quests in Adoulin, legend rank in all coalitions and level 7 rank mog garden stuff

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Verbose posted:

Do your rank points reset when you change allegiances?

They remain for the nation. So if you are rank 10 Sandy and switch to Windurst you will be rank 1. But if in two weeks you switch back to Sandy you will go back to rank 10 for Sandy.

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Some dude posted his 1099 on FFXIAH trying to prove that he is pulling in $15k + a month from ffxi in any already lovely thread about bots . If it could be combined with a "is asura the best server" thread it would easily be the best/worst thread ever.

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/52369/whats-with-all-the-bots/

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Someone in that thread said "What is interesting to me is that bots are far more easy to get along with than most of the people on Asura" which is funny cause it's true

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Paladine_PSoT posted:

Who's this dude on asura?

He is named Ronstadt and wants you to join his LS/Discord if you ambuscade group with him

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Burtgang trials were my entry to point to total automation

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Missions

Start with your home nation, all 3 nations converge at Mission 4. Then do the expansions in order.

Rhapsodies will be interwoven with the story so do those as you go as well. You will need help with the siren fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Apparition posted:

I think I've got it installed properly but I can't get past the PlayOnline login screen

the hardest battle in all of ffxi