Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

LiquidFriend posted:

Saturday afternoon or evening I'm going to be doing a cleave to farm up crests for BC's. As long as there are 6 people, I'm going to cleave.

2 questions: Do you need a RDM for Phalanx 2? And can I leech with my alt char?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Paladine_PSoT posted:

Grab trusts and start grinding solo. You'll want to at least start the process of abyssea so you can get some cruor and start tagging maws to teleport to when you see them. Touch every homepoint you see to unlock HP teleporting, as well.

This chart isn't terribly inaccurate, adjust for gov/fov books and make sure you're keeping up with skills and gear if you're doing classic leveling. Sparks are a great way to get updated weapons through 50.

I noticed something about that chart today. With the new way XP works, that chart is still good, just extend the time you spend at lower levels and start the higher level zones later. For instances I was running a level sync with my mule and my main with 3 trusts at Yuhtunga from 34-40 pulling in over 9-10k/hr using xp rings, tomes, and records zone quests. (Bonus xp for every 10 mobs is nice.) It also makes it easier to not pay much attention to what you are doing so you can watch TV or something at the same time without too much worry of dying.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Gruknor posted:

I can't answer that question because I have only used gambot. I believe gambot is still being supported by someone. No idea about Cure Please.

Cure please has a beta update again this week, but I haven't seen an update to gambot in years it looks like. I use gambot for setting follow on or off on Emill, but CurePlease to run the healing parts. Gambot annoyed me because it got stuck spamming -na spells on trusts constantly. Also Liquid are you using Sandbox? I haven't used it in a while, but every time I used it before it would crash one or the other of my FFXI windows at random times.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Kithyen posted:

Got disconnected and attempts to tether my phone have not been successful as of late. Rukuka if you manage to get the eft skin you can send it to me. I'll toss you some gil in exchange for the time spent. Thank you so much to everyone that's been a huge help in my return :P

I feel bad that I sold all my balloon cloth before I knew you needed it. (I wasn't even looking for it, I was killing fomor for a PM.) Let me know when I'm on with Lioioio or Emill if you need any mission help. I've been running Emill on the PMs so I can finally finish the two quests that connect Zilart and CoP, but I don't mind taking a break to help with other things. (99thf makes farming a lot easier. )

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

I'll be resubbing in a week or so with 2 accounts. Anything worth buying on the Quetz AH before tranferring servers to come back?

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

Welp, I'm on Asura now, so that might not be the best sign. I should probably start checking out every single bazaar for the time being. Unlocking GEO, BLU and SCH in case I need to fall back on something.

Ffxiah.com usually has a list of bazaars, do that might save you some time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

I played for the Return Home a bit here this weekend. I may just join again some time soon but I think I'll stay off Asura for the moment. Want to finish my Mandau and with no one in Dynamis zones I'll just pop on an audio book and be done with it in no time. Then I'll probably move since I don't think I can solo the stuff to 119 for it.