Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Male of the Century
Jan 7, 2004

PISH-POSH!

hagie posted:

There’s a story?

I’ve been pushing through WotG and am staring to round third and reaching the home stretch. Working from home has made it easy between conference calls, customer calls/quotes, I have been blasting through.

I got denouements for my Mnk the other day and holy poo poo is the colossal blow process is hilarious.

You start as a fresh faced adventurer, wind up uncovering plots of several world ending threats involving monster superweapons and actual Gods (sometimes the superweapon itself is the god) that you ultimately stop through diplomacy, making deals with the devil, time travel, or just punching, and end the game fighting The New God in order to stop the concept (also embodiment) of server shutdowns. The New God is also you from the future that was sent back in time to make sure you (the player) chooses the same path by trying to kill all your friends. It's as Square Enix JRPG as you can get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Male of the Century
Jan 7, 2004

PISH-POSH!

CodfishCartographer posted:

How easy is it to get RUN geared up to where people will accept you? I'm currently gearing up my first 99, RDM, and while I love the job's ability to solo like crazy I also enjoyed RUN quite a lot and see a TON of people asking for tanks for content. I realize the ~ideal~ is to get REMA poo poo and all that, but what's like, the minimum I should have in order to be able to reasonably participate in content? I feel like with RDM I can participate even if I'm slightly undergeared because I can contribute damage, healing, and debuffing - so if I'm slacking in one area, I can make up for it in others. However with a tank if I'm not geared enough to tank, I'm failing at literally my one job.

The answer to this is "very time consuming". If you try to RUN without basically your BiS stuff already you'll get kicked out of groups because people are idiots. RUN is also the most complicated tank to play well and the skill ceiling is very high. You will also need some very expensive weapons to be accepted. Basically, it's a huge resource commitment to be accepted as a RUN. It's not a huge resource commitment to gear it up decently and learn to play it. But again, people are idiots.

Male of the Century
Jan 7, 2004

PISH-POSH!
Getting to 75 by yourself will probably take about 2-3 days. Getting to 75 with a goon to powerlevel you and to cheese you through the level cap quests would take you maybe a day, 2 if you all are feeling lazy.

Male of the Century
Jan 7, 2004

PISH-POSH!
Botting has never been easier.