Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Boten Anna posted:

In general I'll probably start working on Zilart missions and AF quests and such but getting to 99 for the first time also seems like a good focus, where are some good places to go to xp at level 70 and beyond?

At 70 you can probably kill regular Colibri for a bit still. Then once you're 72-73 or something, go kill Greater Colibri You can kill those a couple of levels into 80. At this point I went to Ranguemont Pass and killed bats near the zoneline to Beaucedine Glacier. There's a ground tome in there and one of the thingies has you killing 5 bats and 2 Ahrimans. The Ahrimans are a bit tougher than the bats despite being the same level, due to lovely -ga spells and crap. Try one out and if you die horribly, stick to bats. Once you're closing on 90, you can head to Fei'Yin (entrance in northeastern part of Beaucedine Glacier) and on the first floor, in the eastern section, the 4 small rooms there are chock full of bats. And they don't link. Kill those to 94-95 or something, then head to Adoulin, get Ionis, and kill poo poo just outside town to 99.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Some wide screenshots per request:

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Jedi425 posted:

I think you can get Aldo out of the red chest by the anniversary moogles. The one in Bastok is by the fountain in Markets; talk the moogle for your rings, then hit the chest for costume poo poo and trusts.

There's actually 3 moogles by that fountain. One on the southeast side who tells you about your adventuring life, and gives you the SWEEEEET exp rings. One on southwest side who starts the behemoth event thingy and gives you behemoth suit. Besides this dude is the chest with some free level 1 gear that's generally for looks, and at the bottom of the list some sweet Trusts. And a CoolMoogleTM just north of that, who will curse at you if you're not wearing the behomth suit, and turn you into a CoolMoogleTM. If you wear the suit he starts the event. Good luck with that.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

frodnonnag posted:

There is also the /lastsynth shortcut too :v

Now he just needs a bot to input that for him, over and over again!

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

ATTN NEWGOONS: Some of you new people and/or returning people may be wondering how to get some gil. Well, let me repost Jadey's awesome answer to this conundrum:

CubsWoo posted:

Newer goons on your first or second level 99 job - do you need cash for a relic, to get reforge pieces to push your AF gear to 119 or to powerlevel a craft? Don't want to have to blow 2 hours in Dynamis every day or fund the Brosale army (however, if you do buy gil it's around $2.50/million right now if you trust your information to the Chinese) and want a product that sells super fast?

Then I recommend Soloing Salvage - Arrapago Remnants II. It's pretty brainless for almost all DD jobs, takes about an hour of your time per day and will usually net you well over a million gil in quick-selling Alexandrite. There are a few prerequisites, though:

- You need to be on or past ToAU mission 17 - this can be done very easily by any level 99 character in a few days of forced JP midnight waits.
- A Salvage permit costs 500 Assault points (easily earned either through soloing any PSC assault or exchanging a RoE copper voucher for 1000 Assault Points) and you can get one permit per JP midnight wait.
- You'll want your level 99 job to be mostly merited (especially your merited WS, if applicable, plus things like crit rate/combat skill/job merits that boost damage.)
- You'll want at minimum a full set of job-appropriate RoE Spark gear (Espial/Outrider, jobs with MP may want Wayfarer for an idle set) and basic accessories like a Haste belt to get you to the cap, rings/earrings/back pieces with appropriate stats, etc.
- Each run you should eat food (I recommend yellow/red curry buns or Marinara Pizza) and bring Remedies. You may want a means of Reraise to be safe your first few times in.
- If you aren't using a job that can cast Pro/Shell, it helps to buy scrolls of Instant Protect and Instant Shell from the Peacekeeper's Coalition in Eastern Adoulin. They're 1000 Bayld each, easily earned by doing a few coalition assignments.
- Most people will sub DNC for this, but a few jobs (BLU, PUP, maybe RUN) can get away with subbing THF. If you aren't subbing DNC, be sure to bring oils and powders to get around safely.

Here is my recommended farming path, following the floor layout here: http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Arrapago_Remnants_II - I will also include extra farming opportunites for more Alex/Salvage plans/chances at Cotton Purses for people with better gear or want to spend more time in the zone. A 'skip it all' run will net you ~10 Alex plus 1-2 Linen Purses (50-99 Alex in each) in 30-40 minutes. A nearly full clear will get you ~50 Alex, 0-4+ Cotton Purses (5-20 Alex) and 1-2 Linen Purses in ~70-90 minutes. None of the cotton purses are guaranteed (at best 10% drop rate,) and only one of the two Linens is guaranteed (if you meet certain requirements.) Also note that you get a full HP/MP restore after each teleport up - use this to your advantage.

Floor 1

Unlock what's available at the lamp. You'll always get your main/sub weapon, JA/WS, Magic, and SJ, plus 1 random equip slot, 2 attributes and either HP or MP.

Kill Vultures until you get your Head/Neck and Back/Waist unlocks. Head to the west hallway and kill the Merrow Kabukidancer. Double back south to the leeches and kill them until you get Ranged and Rings/Earrings. Kill the Marrow Shadowdancer in the next south hallway. If you have both MP and Hands unlocked, sneak/invis up and head to the southwest teleport. If you didn't get both, just sneak to the next Merrow in the SW loop and kill it, then sneak past the next leeches and port up. There is a possible NM spawn on this floor but it takes forever to do so I suggest ignoring it.

Floor 2

Unlock anything you didn't get from the Merrows via the lamp (Legs/Feet, Hands, MP), sneak/invis past the mobs, open the door and port up.

BONUS FARM: Kill the Merrow and Lamia in the room you start in, then open the door and kill the 4 Archaic Gear in the hallways, then the fifth gear that pops near the teleporter. Each of the 4 gears can drop single Alex, and the 5th can drop a Cotton Purse.

Floor 3

Go west and kill Flytraps until you unlock DEX/AGI/MND, double back east and kill Qutrubs until you unlock INT, sneak/invis north past the Qutrubs and Lamia and port up.

BONUS FARM: Kill the Acrolith that pops among the Qutrub, and kill the single Archaic Gear that spawns among the Lamia to pop a second Archaic Gear NM in the room with the teleporter to go up. Both NMs can drop Cotton Purses.

Floor 4

Head west from the teleport in, kill a Lamia Fatedealer to get VIT and CHR (if you don't get one or the other, don't worry, you should be able to unlock it on the next floor's lamp,) head back east to the teleporter room, open the door and port up.

BONUS FARM: Kill all 3 Acroliths that spawn in the room before the Lamia, then kill both Lamia Fatedealers and Lamia Dartists to spawn Lamia Spoliator, then kill it. 4 chances at Cotton Purses.

Floor 5

Follow the path, killing Archaic Gears until you get your Body slot unlock. When you get to the large room, fight an Archaic Rampart in one of the four corners until it does Reinforcements (this will spawn 7 Archaic Gears,) kill the Rampart, then kill Gears until you get a STR unlock, then head east to the teleporter and port up.

BONUS FARM: All single gears on this floor have a chance to drop 1 Alex. All Ramparts and triple Gears are guaranteed to drop 1 Alex, with a chance for 2. For newer players, attempting a full clear of floor 5 is difficult and dangerous - you run the risk of linking all 7 Gears when you pull and even in upper-tier gear, it can occasionally be overwhelming. A full clear of the floor will guarantee you 32 Alex, but 40+ due to double drops/single gear drops isn't out of the question. If you're unsure of your kill speed or survivability, try one Rampart/Gears spawn with Reraise on.

Floor 6

IMPORTANT: You must be able to kill the Armored Chariot in under 3 minutes from when you aggro/engage it. Save TP from the previous floor if possible, or kill an Archaic Chariot to build TP first. Check that your food is still active, and pop your Instant Protect/Instant Shell scrolls if you bought them.

Find the Armored Chariot, engage it, and kill it in under three minutes. Move to the Archaic Rampart in the south portion of the zone, engage it and allow it to use Reinforcements. If it spawns an Archaic Chariot, you killed Armored Chariot too slowly. If it spawns Khimaira, you're good - in either case, kill the Rampart and then whatever spawned from it (~10% chance of Linen Purse from Khim.) Head North and port up to the final floor. Note that Khim can use Fulmination at low HP, so have Remedies ready to counter the very strong Paralyze. Fight Khim on the side to avoid his other bad TP moves (Plague Swipe and Fossilizing Breath.)

BONUS FARM: There are 7 roaming Archaic Chariots on the floor that drop 1 Alex guaranteed with a chance at 2.

Floor 7

Final floor, only one mob - either Khim (if you screwed up Armored Chariot) or Khrysokhimaira Elder (if you didn't.) Elder is guaranteed to drop a Linen, NQ Khim can drop one at the same rate as floor 6 Khim. Elder is marginally more difficult, but not to any extreme. Fight him the same way you fight NQ Khim and feel free to use your 1 hour abilities to speed it up.

If you decide to do this and want an easy way to sell your farm, for the forseeable future I will be buying all Alex at 10,000 gil each. You can probably sell it for ~12k ~7k or so in Upper Jeuno and maybe find a buyer but just looking at FFXIAH there's ~3600 Alex up there for that price or higher that nobody making a Mythic is buying. Whether you sell to me or to the open market I hope this helps you get a little richer and a little more geared up!

So there you have it! If any of you lot need handholding I (Tyranderp) can probably be talked into taking you through a run to show you the ropes. It's easier than it sounds!

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

I think that's why Jamie said you'd be doing more than just AR-II.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

BobbyBaudoin posted:

For 89 to 95 I went to Dangruf Wadi, did the GoV 8 page and killed the level 94 crabs and monkeys. The crabs link but the monkeys are really easy to kill since they're not agressive. At 95 to 99 I went to the gustav tunnel and did the GoV 8 as well, which is killing giant worms and Turtles.

Naturally get your trusts up so you can have 4 of em out, it went pretty quickly too, took me maybe 5 hours. This is all from the perspective of a fresh 99 so there might be better ways, but that's the ones I used.

This is actually pretty terrible. Crabs are tough as gently caress and takes forever to kill. Hit Fei'Yin and kill bats just north of the Qu'Bia Arena entrance (get the Home Point there if you haven't). The bats are fairly squishy, and if you do piercing damage they're really squishy. Kill these until you think the exp is slowing down too much (93-95? YMMW). Then head off to Adoulin and kill poo poo (mandies) just outside of town, to the south a bit. They'll use the good old sleepga move and make you feel like you're in the Kazham jungles all over again. Except there won't be any goblins to gently caress you up. Good times!

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Neither have I, but I'd wager it camps. The AH.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

What rocks? I thought they were all stacked these days.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Celador posted:

I've played this game off and on since release, and most recently quit a few months into WotG. I only have 1 lvl 75 job (loldrg) that I mostly used to solo as /WHM or /BLU. I have never progressed in the stories beyond getting Rank 10 in Sandy, and to the Minotaur in CoP. I want to return and start a fresh character on Asura just to do all of the stories that I never got a chance to do.

It looks like BST is a good option, and I'm also interested in SAM. I guess I can use /WAR and /DNC on both of these so my plan would be just to level WAR and DNC to 49, and BST and SAM to 99 and get some "sparks gear" and decent weapons and I should be able to solo most, if not all, of the RotZ, CoP, and WotG story missions. Will that work?

Also, if I buy the Ultimate Collection, can I add it to my current POL/SquareEnix account and create a new character on Asura? Or do I have to create a new account to play on a different server than my other characters (who were on Quetz last time I played)?

Welcome back! I remember your avatar. Taking up WAR and DNC as subjobs, then BST and SAM using sparks gear should work nicely. With some ilevel gear when you hit 99 you'll be able to solo all of RotZ, CoP and WotG indeed.

As for using the Ultimate Collection code on your current POL/Squeenix account, that should work and you can create new characters on any server, but I don't think you get the free month then. You might be best served making a new POL account. Btw, you can have several POL accounts tied to your Squeenix account though, so no need for another one of those.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Eh?

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Level 20 is like an hour, maybe, since you're new. 300k would be nice for a new player but not really enough to bother transferring instead of just starting over. And yes, get the Adoulin expansion. It might be cheaper to get the ultimate collection on steam or something and starting fresh, due to the free month and stuff.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

LiquidFriend posted:

Not mad or sad in the slightest about it, just confused really. They should of been doing this years ago when NNI was popular and you basically either clipped or struggled to clear.

SE are incredibly inept when it comes to dealing with cheating. And when they do do something about it they're all wishy-washy all over the place. Were you around for the relaunch of FFXIV?

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Jedi425 posted:

I hope you're referring to how their client accepted un-sanitized code (SQL or JSON or some drat thing), making it so being in the same zone as a market board meant hackers could make you buy anything they wanted to make you buy off the market, essentially stealing your money and giving you, I don't know, one ice crystal. Those were dark, hilarious times.

That was one of the better ones yes. Also apparently letting players inject positional codes. RMT had lockdown on sheep for weeks, literally warping from mob spawn to mob spawn. It felt like SE didn't really want to ban anyone.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

megalodong posted:

Got one job from 16 to 20 in 2 hours of very casual killing while i cooked dinner and did other stuff, found that you now get mp regen while standing up to a certain amount, tp doesn't vanish if you rest, you get a speed boost if you rest, every job seems to have widescan now. BST pets don't kill xp any more.

Go back to town, get an exp ring from a gate guard (spend conquest points). If you'd had one already you would've done 16 to 20 in 5 minutes. Well, ok, maybe 10. Mp regen and speed boost are probably the current Super Kupowers. And yes, all jobs get widescan now, though the ones that didn't won't cover as big an area as the classic widescan jobs. Other'n that, do join the goons on Asura, it's worth the transfer.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Is....is that your leg?

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

MNK will have Mr. Miyagi following them around!

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

Sometimes I like to bust out the WAR and help people in Abyssea.

I realize now that I missed my calling with the Abyssea expansions. WAR could be useful there. I miss my WAR being useful.

You missed out on cleaving? Dayum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

If you played until 2014 you'll know about trusts. What you don't know is that after doing some Rhapsodies of Vana'diel missions you get KI's that let you have 5 out. Yes, you can have a full party all by yourself! Also EXP boosts and skillup boosts and....stuff.