Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

There are a lot of good pieces of new gear in this patch.

New NIN AF body:
DEF:93 HP+28 STR+15 DEX+21 VIT+18 AGI+16 INT+15 MND+15 CHR+15 Evasion+24 Magic Evasion+36 "Magic Def. Bonus"+2 "Subtle Blow"+7 Haste+4% Enhances "Dual Wield" effect Physical damage: "Shock Spikes" effect

I think that replaces Thaumas Coat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Gruknor posted:

Thaumas Coat is useful if you need the +2% to DA, TA, and QA. Other than that, it was repalced with the bayld gear chest piece when SoA came out. It is sad, but it is true.

Thaumas coat is still the top TP piece for the rest of the jobs that can equip it, outside of MNK when Impetus is up and shooting COR's.

The new AF set should of been better as more of a full-time set to pull people back into FFXI, but they made it better than I expected.

LiquidFriend fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Nov 5, 2013

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Some things I've noticed:
-KI for WK Reive's are a lot cheaper now. They are down to a flat 30,000 bayld without any price reductions (15k if you have em all). T
-he older WK fights are hilariously easy now. We just flat out zerg rushed Hurkan and had it dead under 30 minutes.
-You can get the JSE capes as a drop from them.
-BST is ridiculously over powered if you have a high ilvl axe and pop a jug with AF2+2 augmented gloves.
-I haven't really noticed an increase in treasure caskets in FoV/GoV areas. Definitely more items in them though.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

frodnonnag posted:

AF upgrades require 5 pages for +1s, and 10 for NQs. They come only from 20 kindred seal fights using only the new seals, which only drop in SOA zones. There's 5 difficulty choices, and the droprate for them are 1,1,2,3,4 for those difficulties. You can't trade lesser seals to get these new ones, and can only farm 'em. So there's a bit of a grind.
You can actually get them from heroes abyssea zones too.

Victory Smite using Oatixur is really good.

If you want to do a WoE weapon, you can now pull one out of the magian chest that will skip all the NM's and VNM's. If you actually go through the hunt, the amount of seals/coins/dice you need is reduced.

Also, I think this dumb game has managed to pull me back in. Why can't I ever quit you, FFXI? :( Get back into FFXI goons and get loaded up with SoA gear and we can do a lot of stuff :)

LiquidFriend fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Nov 5, 2013

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

BUGS OF SPRING posted:

Does the chest weapon with all NMs complete work for Empys? When I left I had all the Almace items, but wasn't done the NMs. As useless as it is now it would be nice to get for completion sake if I do come back.
From what I've heard, they've drastically lowered the repop times for the NMs.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Male of the Century posted:

Yeah I'm looking at some of the new weapons and it seems like you could just completely wreck Abyssea NMs and make any emperyan you want over the span of a weekend. Might be worth it to finally make an ochain, but I don't know if I'd actually get any use out of them.
Dealing with trying to get a T3 VNM pop is still annoying.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Paladine_PSoT posted:

So if I were to resub, what would I be looking at in terms of getting a good weapon? I currently have a joyeuse. Is doing the magian trials thing still valid or what?
Depends on the job. Magian weapons really aren't viable anymore (although good to do quite a few of them to unlock emp Weaponskills).

The top weapons that aren't a super grind to get would come from Wildkeeper Reives and fracture.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Trip Reports :3:

If you're on the fence about coming back because you'll be behind, right now is a pretty good time to come back. I got the original 5 wildkeeper reive clears on MH in one night and it isn't difficult to get caught up on skirmish. People still do fracture too, but you don't need fracture gear to be well geared.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Kazy posted:

I need to finally start killing whats his face for the hearts. Still like 0/75 :I

I really hope they change the requirements for the 95, I don't think there are even 1500 HMPs on the server anymore.
If you're just aiming to unlock Wildfire, you'd probably be better served to farm up money for the ilvl 117 gun and spamming Last Stand instead. I'll probably unlock Wildfire anyhow because I'm about 20 hides in already and dragon is easy to farm.

Victory Smite is definitely worth unlocking.

Here's a list of emperyan weaponskills I'd do:
Victory Smite
Tachi: Fudo
Blade: Hi
Chant du Cygne
Torcleaver (if you don't have merit spots to cap Resolution)
Ukko's Fury (same as above)
Rudra's Storm (best WS if you don't have Mandau, if stacked with SA)
Jishnu's Radiance

LiquidFriend fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Nov 11, 2013

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Another anniversary event has started! (please come back to FFXI Signed, S-E)

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/11198/detail.html

What's within:
-Double exp (monstrosity included)
-Double plan drop within salvage
-double skirmish part drop in reives
-some enhanced mog garden poo poo that I don't know what it means
-abyssea event
-double craft skillup rate
-random items added to kindred crests/HKC battlefields

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Fudo will pull ahead of Shoha when you are getting buffs, even without aftermath.

Shoha has lost its edge since SoA came out.

E: :siren:Attention unbathed Goons!:siren:

Saturday afternoon or evening I'm going to be doing a cleave to farm up crests for BC's. As long as there are 6 people, I'm going to cleave.

LiquidFriend fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Nov 12, 2013

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Gruknor posted:

I waited for you last saturday and nothing happened. You broke my heart, good sir.

Maybe someday we could do a goon filled NNI run, or maybe a goon skirmish? I still need some skirmish armor. I would also like to get a Thaumas Coat and the rest of the Phorcys pieces(body,legs,hands).

I got on early evening and nobody was really on :shobon:

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

A.G.Pennypacker posted:

So has anyone looked into dual wielding the skill+ weapons? I've got an ilevel 106 and 105 dagger, and was looking at the skills for them.

If I equip either in main or off hand, they don't raise the dagger skill in the combat screen menu at all. The parrying skill however, does get raised, but only by whatever is in the mainhand.

Has anyone on like bg or ffxiah or anything done testing about it?

The calculation for combat skills plus are done via server side for some goofy rear end reason. You're getting the bonus (it'll show on the parrying skill +) though.

Anyone up for Tuesday night skirmish? Looking to get the skirmish dagger from Cirdas for MH.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Paladine_PSoT posted:

So I could get my rdm up to 99, go to SOA and buy the 106 weapons, then go back to regular vanadiel and just wreck poo poo?

How easy are leveling parties to find now that everyones levels are presumably capped?
ilvl 106, probably not. Once you get 115+, probably. Everything before SoA dies quickly with Oatixur.

If any goons have abyssea T3 VNMs they don't need, I could really use the colorless souls. I'm dumb and gay which has led me to build up Paladin again since it was my first 75 job in FFXI ever. :shobon:

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Gammatron 64 posted:

Last time I played, I had a RDM99 and SMN99, but it was a royal pain in the rear end to get AF3 and especially get it upgraded. Is getting OK gear still a pain? In addition, the log cutting \ beehive breaking events in SoA at launch were sort of not fun and all I could do in them is go there to die. Is it still like this?

If you already have a couple 99s, with level 75 gear, how hard is it to get the new, good gear? Could you then plow through the ToAU and WoTG expansions solo?
SoA is still a bit tedious to get established in. Once you get some bayld racked up and can buy some ilvl gear, things get a lot easier.

Now if you want to be able to solo older missions, I'd highly suggest leveling and gearing BST. BST is a great job for it with the capability of being a money making job and a good job for racking up bayld to boot.

To get your foot in the door, unlock the ability to rack up Imprimaturs (finish SoA mission 1-5, which basically involves some walking and cutscenes) and burn them when they accumulate (they cap at 15).

This is a really good and super easy way to get started: http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Support:_Ceizak_Battlegrounds

Requires just a short walk, talking to a NPC at a Frontier Station and going back to the coalition for a reward. You will need to do this anyhow (need to burn at least 60 tags iirc) to gain access to Wildkeeper reive, which you'll definitely want. Unless you're the ultimate poopsocker and can get through fractures/delve for gear, Wildkeeper reive's will have the best armor.

Eight-Six posted:

Most of the SoA gear has huge amounts of magic evasion so you're going to be getting a ton of partial resists, so this should be more managable.
To expand a little on this, all of the new skirmish armor has a lot of magic evasion on it with some MDB to boot. Ontop of that, you can augment it the armor with additional MDB.

With a good Magic Defense Bonus set, mob nukes pre-SoA are laughable.

BUGS OF SPRING posted:

If we can enter Salvage solo then I am def working on a Ryunohige! I'm kinda torn now if I should finish this Aegis or not... Currency could be sold for more Alex!
Give me a cool goon discount and I'll buy all the currency and whatever upgrade items you've collected so far. I plan to do Aegis once I'm done with Ochain. :shobon:

LiquidFriend fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Nov 27, 2013

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Ultimate collection currently on sale for :15bux: on Amazon for BF.

http://www.amazon.com/FANTASY-Ultim...inal+Fantasy+XI

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

New bonanza:

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/guide/mogbon/index.html#g2

I think this one is going to be really popular if the skill up items take your respective skill to cap and they can be muled.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

:lol: I remember the old days when the Native American guy intro greeted you every time you booted up PlayOnline.

I do have to admit that I am somewhat interested in HardMode ArkAngels.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Wow, the ilvl 119 AF doesn't disappoint at all. The amount of merit points you need to make a Key Item is absurd, but I like the idea of it so people finally have incentive to exp again.

Oh cool, finally an upgrade from Rose Strap. Now I never have to do Campaign, hooray!

LiquidFriend fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Dec 10, 2013

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Cool got home to check out some new things and emergency maintenance. :shobon:

If any goons hate themselves enough to dynamis farm, I'm looking to buy currency and am paying 3000 for bynes, 5000 for shells and 5500 for bronze.

Need about 2300 byne bills, 2500 shells and 9500 bronze pieces. I'm a rich jerk and can buy whatever quantity you've got, so don't hesitate to sell me your buttcoins!

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

With a strong BST or THF, pulling in 300 coins a day dynamis farming should be very possible. Basically, you can solo farm a relic from start to finish in under 2 months.

If you want some easy exp, it seems S-E has yet to notice that you can use the HomePoint warps without disqualifying a task for the courier's coalition. Basically, you can pull in about 17k exp in a few minutes work. So abuse the hell out of it before some lame jerk tips them off about it and it's fixed.

E: Made 72,000 exp/bayld in less than 30 minutes doing Support: Marjami Ravine. :)

E2: Double exp is back starting now for the next month.

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/11335/detail.html

Newer goons need to make sure to check the blue chest near the Abyssea NPC's in Port Jeuno for starter cruor and essential atmas.

LiquidFriend fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Dec 11, 2013

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Hello there, BBB ;-*

Cool Blue Reason posted:

I need a pearl for the new shell whenever someone gets the chance.
You should probably post you ingame name if you want one.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Paladine_PSoT posted:

I want to set up a weekly nyzul run if anyone is interested, we'd need enough to be able to succeed at lamp floors. 5 would probably be ideal. Ultimately I'm wanting to get my Murgleis so if anyone else is working on mythics or wants to, post or PM

I'll come on MNK if you guys run on Sat-Mon. (I won't be available for awhile this saturday though!)

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Evenings would be better.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

frodnonnag posted:

NNI is very much a clusterfuck. Back then a group of 5 top geared players could consistently hit 99 (with cupper ofc) but i'd say if you want to go lower, you'd still need i115/119 gear (basically wkr/skirmish and delve) and cupper. Possibly 3 dd/dnc and a brd/whm. Best would still be 4 dd, sch, and brd.
I'd say at least 5, so that you aren't hosed on a big lamps floor.

MNK and WAR are really good for NNI, as you can mow down a large group of mobs with Retaliation/Counterstance and AoE Weaponskills. It can be done without speed hacks, but your probability goes up a lot when using it.

Now granted, this is what you need to do if you want a high chance of making it to floor 100. If you're willing to settle with a floor 80 finish, your setup is a lot more forgiving.

I'd probably run with this:
WAR
MNK
SCH
BRD
Another SCH/WHM/RDM

Last slot can be filled with whatever DD you want, or you can try it with just 5.

Honestly though, I think it'd be fine to settle with just going to floor 80 and having a 100% success rate. There are only 2 pieces that I'd consider must haves (Thaumas coat, Nares pants), one really good piece (phorcys body) and maybe phorcys hands. The rest of the stuff got replaced with better gear.

E: Looks like I really underestimated how easy this event got! Just bring a healer and 5 ilvl DDs and you'll be fine!

LiquidFriend fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Dec 19, 2013

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Gruknor posted:

The thaumas pieces with ranged attk are decent for anyone who wants to use a ranged weapon. We went 2/3 with 5 melee and 1 mage.

There are better pieces out there.

Also because the weather is going to be poo poo this weekend, looks like I'll be available Saturday after all.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Gruknor posted:

9pm PST would be 12am EST, so it is late evening for me but still evening. It being Saturday, I can do 3 or 4 runs.

On that note, make sure to store a tag if you want to do Nyzul Isle thing.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Question for PLD goons.

Is CdC or Requiescat a better WS? Trying to decide if I should start gathering WoE stuff and doing trials or just merit more.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Vaashila posted:

So I figured I might get back into this while it's on sale, but before I do I have a question. Is making an account still the absolute biggest pain in the rear end, or have they done something about that?
Accounts are made through the Square-Enix account management webpage and yeah it still sucks.

Sometime possibly this weekend, I plan to run a lot of Kindergarten Cap (30 Kindred Crest bc) to try and get WoE stuff. If you don't mind me taking pouches, I'll solo your orb in a few minutes tops and the rest of the drops are all yours! This is a great way to complete AF3 as you're almost guaranteed to get a mog kupon that you can trade for 8/10 af3 seals you want and the boss will drop a random assortment of AF3+2 items. (I'm also willing to do other BC's)

LiquidFriend fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Dec 25, 2013

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

You're fine to do fell cleaves and charge people to leech as long as you aren't an RMT. :shobon:

Problem is people don't really seem interested in buying leech spots any longer, which is why they don't happen.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Finally finished the relic I always wanted since they originally added it into the game.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Next dumb login event starts in 3 days.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/campaign/11th/login07.html

As expected, Temenos limbus items this time around for the 100 category. New items are WoE weapon currency, Goblin Stew 880 (no idea what this poo poo is), Cipher: Lion and mannequin parts this time around.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Chocolate Donuts posted:

Not that I'm currently playing, but the page says you can trade it in instead of four gobbiebag upgrade items.

Still need the fame, though :v:
Guess I should of read further in. That's really helpful as some of the items are ridiculously expensive.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Hit up Walk of Echoes if you need gil before the daily login thing overflows the market. The money is good, it's easy to do and you can run it an unlimited amount of times.

It's also a lot more forgiving of an event if you're not experienced with soloing.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

If any goons have Plutons to sell, I'd suggest dumping them quick. A new RoE quest gives you a pluton box for completing and well prices are gonna drop hard real soon.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Paws for Help posted:

My plutons! This is not going to be good for my pocketbook.
Please consider your financial options very carefully :)

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Please help me, make gil that is. :)

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Painful Dart Bomb posted:

The prices of die and liminal residue don't seem to be dropping much. :( I have to guess that costing 1 and 2k points respectively, there are other things to buy that will yield better returns. Not getting many in WoE either, I might have to buckle down and farm dyna coins for a while instead.
Just be willing to wait it out for the end of the log in campaign. People will eventually realize that walking to Behemoth's Dominion is too much work and will quickly dump their points into dice and residue at the last minute.

Gruknor posted:

Anyone telling you to join another server that is not quetzalcoatl is trolling you.
Unless you're really wanting to play with goons, there are much better servers than Quetz.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Gruknor posted:

Just stick with it. You will get them eventually. Dyna xarc or dyna tav are both pretty bad. Dyna xarc is probably easier to farm.
Outside of more annoying Time Extensions, I found Dyna Tav to be easier. Demons like to spam AoE ranged crap that's really annoying along with slow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Any goons know of a good app that can detect when a NM spawns and can send a /tell when it happens? Would like to make sure I know when a ToAU king pops without having to tab over to that mule over and over again. :v: