Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Catjaw is a hero of the people

priznat posted:

I find "With Teeth" is probably the album that speaks to me the most these days. Especially in middle age "Every day is exactly the same" hits p hard lol

I've got my arms that flip, flop, flip, flop, flip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I do, in fact, pick things up
I am a collector

Chip S. Challenge
Mar 20, 2024

Hint: You don't need the fire boots, but they could help later on.

SacrificialGoat posted:

I've got my arms that flip, flop, flip, flop, flip

AWITHA TEETHA

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

I was lucky that I was able to grab the first edition of with teeth in the mid 2000s before the vinyl craze really blew up. I even snagged an original pressing of the fragile in like 2006 for $80 which seemed like a lot at the time, and a "promo" copy of TDS for around $40 - no idea what makes it a promo copy because it looks identical to the retail version except I think it includes "promo" in small print on the labels. I also got a weird Brazil release of Broken because I think it never actually got a retail release in the US?

I also bought the limited super deluxe version of ghosts i-iv for $300 but ended up selling it when I needed cash a while ago. a bummer, but oh well.

polyester concept fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Mar 21, 2024

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

polyester concept posted:

I also got a weird Brazil release of Broken because I think it never actually got a retail release in the US?

I heard there's also a weird Chilean version of Broken where they changed the lyrics to "I have found you can find happiness in CERVEZA CRISTAL"

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

priznat posted:

I find "With Teeth" is probably the album that speaks to me the most these days. Especially in middle age "Every day is exactly the same" hits p hard lol

I wish Year Zero would stop being relevant.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Sir Lemming posted:

I heard there's also a weird Chilean version of Broken where they changed the lyrics to "I have found you can find happiness in CERVEZA CRISTAL"
lmfao

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

A really amazing non profit called O’Keefe that focuses on music education for kids

Here’s a group of these kids playing Wish

https://youtu.be/_7EYYGMq7w4?si=1SYohYkHSWQjwoth

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
That rules

:byodood: FIST BUMP

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Am I crazy or is the end credits the "Without you everything falls apart" part of The Perfect Drug played on xylophone?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Rageaholic posted:

Am I crazy or is the end credits the "Without you everything falls apart" part of The Perfect Drug played on xylophone?

No that's a good ear my friend
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa5YJRcfCfM&t=295s

100 percent that's echoing the guitar

Also those kids whip and "FIST BUMP" is incredible

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Yeah the collaboration with Welcome Skateboards is some skateboards and clothing.

Gotta listen to your big time
hard line
bad luck
kick flip

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
lol

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Mr E posted:

I mostly just want Year Zero remastered on vinyl at this point. I would love new music too but that's all I really need. I'd buy The Slip too but if that doesn't release ever that's fine.

Legitimately the most interesting thing NIN could put out at this point for me is more Year Zero lore, possibly in the packaging of some fancy collector’s edition

I wonder if they could do the thermal-sensitive trick on a vinyl record, that’s still the coolest thing I’ve ever seen someone do with music packaging.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Carpet posted:

Yeah the collaboration with Welcome Skateboards is some skateboards and clothing.

Gotta listen to your big time
hard line
bad luck
kick flip

Balthazar needs braces...

I wonder what the edition sizes on those were because most everything was sold the gently caress out by the time I saw the store page. I think there were like two deck styles left but all the clothing was out.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

https://interscope.com/pages/interscope-vinyl-collective

So if I wanted this copy of The Downward Spiral on vinyl (I don't yet own it on vinyl), I'd have to "subscribe" for a month at $48? I hate these vinyl club things.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I don't remember if I posted the old version but The Downward Spiral in the DOOM soundfont got remastered a few weeks ago and I'm just now hearing it. Pretty cool, especially since Trent did the music for a future id Software game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWqDe7I5T98

PalaNIN
Sep 19, 2004

LRLRRRLLRRLRLRLRRLRLR
Aus-based HEALTH fans - we're getting a tour this winter! Tickets just went on sale a few days ago.

https://musicfeeds.com.au/news/health-announce-2024-rat-based-warfare-down-under-tour/

Wednesday, 31st July: Amplifier Bar, Perth
Thursday, 1st August: Lion Arts, Adelaide
Friday, 2nd August: 170 Russell, Melbourne
Saturday, 3rd August: Manning Bar, Sydney
Sunday, 4th August: Brightside Outdoors, Brisbane

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Holy poo poo I might actually be back in the country for that.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

And I could be entirely wrong about this and maybe he's been secretly working on a follow up to the experimental styles he brought to play in The Fragile - something we can't even imagine yet, but who knows.

In one of the interviews for the work they did with Halsey on her album, Trent said one of the reasons they took on the project was because it came along at the right time where they hit a wall with writing a new NIN album and weren't really getting anywhere.

I think Trent's now just happy to spend time with his kids and score films (and good on him for prioritizing his family) but I do wonder if it's even financially feasible to even consider writing and recording an album that isn't toured? Couldn't blame him for not wanting to play shows but if the occasional song or EP came out here and there that would be really awesome. I've no idea how commercially successful the last three were however, and NIN did tour for them. I think at the end Trent labeled the last one as an album because streaming services gently caress over EPs?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
TR said in the discord at the end of the last tour that if they were to tour again, it would be different. As in the current live band setup would change as they basically toured the last 3 albums with it and he wants a change. And yeah if a new album were to release it would be interesting, it’s up to him and Atticus at this point if they feel they got the material for a new record.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

In semi related news

I am so excited for this concert