Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business

Holy poo poo that's a curve ball. First time ever performed, ever (not even soundchecked like Sunspots)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
I am eagerly awaiting Tension 2.0 secondary city spring dates now.

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
I kind of wonder how much the band is costing per show. Lisa Fischer & co don't come cheap.

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business

Trent Reznor posted:

Here are some thoughts on touring: When we commit to a touring cycle, it usually is at least a year long, and can start to feel stale after X amount of time. What I'm doing this cycle is making each leg of the tour have its own identity. The festival run we did over the summer was very different from the Tension tour we just finished. We're currently rehearsing with a new incarnation of the band for what's ahead. This keeps things fresh from a musician's perspective, but also keeps things interesting for fans in an era where every show ends up on YouTube. The setlist and presentation moving forward will be very different from what we just did. That's part of the incentive behind releasing the Tension footage now. That was one very specific look at Nine Inch Nails in the Fall of 2013, that I wanted the whole world to be able to see (just like you can see the festival footage on YouTube, which was its own thing). Yes, we are planning to return to North America in 2014...

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
There's a huge difference between a 2500-3000 seat club show and a 250-300 seat one. I doubt NIN will ever play tiny clubs like that again. I'd drop $100 on it in a heartbeat if they did though.

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business

obeyasia posted:

The Bowery only holds about 500.

795, but I thought it was over 1000 person capacity.

Other venues from Wave Goodbye:

Echoplex: ~700
Webster Hall: 1500
Henry Fonda: 1200
Aragon: 4500
Terminal 5: 3000
Hollywood Paladium: 3,700

When was the last club tour before that, the first With Teeth tour?

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business

The REAL Goobusters posted:

That performance of Copy of A was still awesome. Add Linsey Buckingham to the tour!

FM-NIN-2014

That would unironically own, as opposed to NINJA which was a good excuse to go home early.

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
Death Grips are playing the TIME Fest at Fort York in Toronto on July 19th so they may not be playing the LV show.

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
gently caress I just realized I'm either getting a poo poo sounding daylight set or I will have to sit through Soundgarden. Ugh

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
The selection here loving sucks. Row M in Section 200 for $113??

Edit: best I found in P1 was Row F. Selection in P2/3 was absolute garbage considering they are. $60 and $80.. I'll get lawns at general sale, thanks for nothing papa trent!

Bliggers- fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Mar 17, 2014

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
Soundgarden fanclub presale is on ticketmaster pass is MYWAVE

Should have thought of that earlier

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Is the seat selection any better through their presale?

Yes all seating levels available, unfortunately the selection is very limited now depending on which show,

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
gently caress it, I'm buying $39.50 GA Lawns tomorrow from the facebook presale.

Goddamn I hate the Amphitheatre.

Edit: facebook presale password is NINSG

Bliggers- fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Mar 17, 2014

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business

marquis27 posted:

Do you have any additional information on this presale? Where it will be online, etc? Sorry, I am having a hard time tracking down details.

Facebook presale Tues 10am
Live Nation presale Wed 10am
General Sale Fri 10am

All through ticketmaster

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
Well, that was one hell of a lot less painful. 4 GA Lawns bought and it's 10:02

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
Thank the loving lord.

Of course now we will have to sit through Soundgarden.

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
I like Oneohtrix Point Never more than DEP or Cold Cave so I'm happy. I won't be able to hear him anyhow because the acoustics at the amphitheatre are garbage for openers.

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
A few things from Toronto:
- huge thunderstorm all night and while it sucked having to stand in the pouring rain, the thunder/lightning made for some cool moments like the drum breakdown in Copy of A and the end of Hurt
- Soundgarden was louder than NIN. Robin/Allesandro's mics were especially quiet.
- the crowd thinned a lot after Soundgarden finished, which may also have been because of the rain
- The Molson Amphitheatre's $16 beers can suck my balls
- first NIN show where I didn't buy a single thing from the merch booth

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Everything was probably obnoxiously expensive, huh?

Ehhhhh not amazing. $35 shirts, $50 hoody, $25 poster. I mean, I bought a shirt at every show until this one, and I have posters from shows years ago that are still sitting in tubes. Maybe the nin online store will have some deals after the tour.

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
Did anyone get one of these posters? I had no idea they even existed, and now they are all loving sold out!

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business

Call Me Charlie posted:

Jane's Addiction headlining really put a damper on the whole thing. They were dogshit and I walked out.

I told my friend we could stay until Been Caught Stealin came on, because seriously gently caress that song.

We lasted half an hour before heading for the doors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business

BANME.sh posted:

He's an adult that realized making connections and friendships with industry people is more sustainable long term than being an angsty pariah. What would be more contradictory and sad is if he kept up the same tired schtick from from 1996 all the way into his 50s - take a look at marilyn manson if you want an example of where that gets you.

Or Billy Corgan, who has gone full illuminati.

Funny enough MM and SP did a joint tour last year.