Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

There's enough decent US festivals now that we don't really need another Woodstock attempt. Clearly the promoter dudes behind it don't know what they're doing since the first two ended up being free accidentally and the third was one of the worst things ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

It was always a Beats affiliated thing though? More people will be inclined to try Beats Music than a app named after a flower/TR's dog.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

We got QotSA and NIN a while back during the With Teeth tour duder. DFA1979 as well!

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Call Me Charlie posted:

access

He got me to read The Lathe Of Heaven after he posted a blurb of it. Good book.

Yar, Bleedthrough was to be heavily inspired by that book but it turned into With_Teeth instead. There's still some elements of it in a few of the songs. I've read a bunch of Le Guin since getting turned on to her work via TR, she's awesome. :allears:

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Uh, what needs explaining? Trent's partially spent his career trying to be Uncle Al and/or Ogre dude. No big secret there. (Also Bowie, etc, etc.)

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Why, Trent, why.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

QotSA were with them in the states for With_Teeeth shows not too long ago and they really weren't very exciting.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

I was initially a 'meh' for this tour cause Soundgarden's kinda boring, but then Oneohtrix got added to my nearest gigs. Tempting.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Fragile is the Paul's Boutique of NIN. Barely anybody bought it at the time and now everyone fuckin' loves it. Where is that deluxe reissue anyway?

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

You make it sound like The Fragile is a concept album about being the Rock N Roll Clown from Metalocalypse, which would be kind of awesome honestly. Which Fragile kind of already is to many people.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

'Blah' was kind of the right response to that record, honestly. Maybe they're working on the live video of the last few tours or The Fragile Reissu-haha, no that's never coming.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

I kind of feel like the soundtrack work has taken over for the Ghosts series. But he's been kind of quiet for a while now...

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

The REAL Goobusters posted:

TR has been working with Dre and others at Apple building the new music player/beats service for iphones/ipads.

Yeah but that's a stupid money pit and not cool noise so I don't give a gently caress about it. :colbert:

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Seems legit, but also a lot like what that dumb Tidal thing is/was trying to do. Having the iTunes catalog tips things in their favor a bit I guess?

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Usenet is a thing. :ssh:

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

I thought he only had two. :v: That second video reminds me where the gently caress is the Tension home video release? Take some time off from Yet Another lovely Streaming Service and get that out there man.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

So you're saying to expect it somewhere along the same time that solo piano tour happens and Tapeworm gets released, then. :negative:

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Samopsa posted:

Discipline and 1,000,000 sound way better live compared to the EP imo, especially the live at rehearsals stuff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Lqsx2Jn4hE

'This video contains content from Nine Inch Nails. It is not available in your country.'
:laffo:

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

TDS in its entirety would be a very different beast if Low didn't exist.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Jesus that album is from almost nine years ago now. :negative:

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Naw man the G stands for Greed and the fact that the person in charge at the time's name started with a G is just a total coincidence! :v:

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Trent's one of the main reasons Marilyn has a career in the first place. :colbert:

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

I imagine everything on Spiral is the favorite of several people.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

magiccarpet posted:

let me tell you about the late 90s

Ah the days when you're so starved for new TR material that you'll buy a loving P Diddy single.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64qvmd3v-2Q

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

TR and Atticus and Mogwai and Gustavo Santaolalla scored a Leo DiCaprio docu.
http://pitchfork.com/news/68150-trent-reznor-and-mogwai-score-leonardo-dicaprio-climate-change-film-before-the-flood/
Yay?

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Wasn't there supposed to be an actual album this year aaah. So don't care about more ambient background stuffs.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Gonna blast laid paid & played all night long. :dance:

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Sure TR spring this on us after everyone's spent their christmas fundage.

Minidust posted:

^^^^^^ btw does SperginGuy look like Trent to anyone else
:spergin: Fist fuckin' yr wallet!

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

TR's old. Old dudes dig vinyl.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

To Deviations or not to Deviations :kiddo:
..apparently they've some issues with the Deviations files so they put up everything else instead.

Molestationary Store fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Dec 22, 2016

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

You don't HAVE to listen to it all in one shot ya know. Maybe make a playlist of the previously unreleased stuff and flesh it out with your other favorites.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

So I'd guess there'll be a new nin project before then?

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

quote:

We could take a break from the end of the world by going into a terrorist bombing, or take a break from that by making an ‘I want to kill myself’ album
Oh TR. :allears:

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Call Me Charlie posted:

It did merit that.

The really funny part was watching all of those people blissfully go back to sleep for 8 years during Obama's administration, which continued most of Bush's policies.

(that and I was live at the first show where Trent played The Hand That Feeds with an image of Bush morphing into McCain. now bush is dancing with ellen and mccain's here to save us from the russians. lol)

Pft, McCain ain't done poo poo besides cover his rear end for when things inevitably hit the fan for the current administration. He's as complicit as anyone else in his garbage party, gently caress him. :toughguy:

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Vince MechMahon posted:

How could you turn me into this
After you just taught me how to kiss
You

One cover version of it changed it to 'How could you turn me into this/I'm gonna have to give this next line a miss' or something like that. :v:

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

david_a posted:

Two of the others are Balthazar Venn and Nova Lux, Wikipedia doesn't know the fourth. Judging by the others - Astral Volt? Helios Candela?

DEUS VULT! :v:

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

poo poo man, I wanna go to FYFest.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL

Kelp Me! posted:

I cannot wait for another EP for all the fans to get hyped about and then trash when it finally comes out

NTAE was good yo :colbert:

TR's work always takes a bit to digest. Any opinions on initial listens aren't entirely valid. It's when you comer back a month or three later that his good stuff truly reveals itself to you.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

algebra testes posted:

Excuse my ignorance, what's The Definitive Broken? And why is it LP + EP?

Initial pressings of Broken came with a mini CD(and maybe a 7" on vinyl if it came out in that format at the time?) that contained two songs that weren't quite part of the project proper in the form of a cover of Adam Ant's (You're So) Physical and a reworking of the PIgface tune Suck. Said tracks were originally going to be released to coincide with the Lolapalooza tour but that didn't happen due to legal battles with then label TVT. So those two are the contents of the second slab. :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

TR's a pop artist you guys.