Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I don't have a ton of money right now, but really want to go the Dallas concert in August. Anyone had any experience with the 200 section at Gexa Energy Pavilion? I feel like they'd be fine, but I wanted to see if anyone had thoughts on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

brozozo posted:

I've been to several concerts there (twice for NIN), but I've always gotten lawn seats.

That's what I figured, I'll go ahead and grab some tickets there then, I hadn't had problems with far away seat before due to the sound system/screens being good quality, I just hadn't been to the venue before.

EDIT: Looks like I'm probably going alone, so I may be asking in the thread around August if anyone else is going to be there.

Mr E fucked around with this message at 18:55 on May 31, 2014

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

How expensive has the merch been for NIN? I'm not going to get Soundgarden stuff if Chris still sounds like crap as I've been told, and I'm going to the concert in Dallas on Sunday.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Saw last night's concert in Dallas. Cold Cave was good, Soundgarden was great (suprised Cornell's voice has held up), and NIN was amazing. After not being able to see NIN for years, it was worth the wait! Reminded me of And All That Could Have Been with some newer tracks and mixes.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

thefncrow posted:

Yeah, Dallas show was good, even if that humidity and the crowd made everything just ridiculously hot. Only even remote disappointment in NIN was that I had been hoping we might get Burn, or get at least something from The Fragile. That said, I really can't complain about the setlist we got.

Soundgarden was great fun too, but was also so completely not the reason I was there.

I hate getting around in Dallas in general, and the humidity didn't help any. I wish we had gotten Reptile, but I can't complain about the setlist either.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

John Cena posted:

if we're gonna start complaining about setlists, i'm gonna hoot and holler until Kinda I Want To is played live again

I'm sure that he's played tracks in recent live shows anyway, but I was just happy to get anything from Pretty Hate Machine.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I don't know if we're still talking about songs we like/don't like, but I pretty much love everything NIN's released, but for some reason don't like most of Year Zero, and only about half of With Teeth.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

You're far from being alone in not liking parts of With Teeth, but I think you're one of the few that doesn't like Year Zero.

I don't even have any good reasons for not liking YZ, I just for some reason can't stand most of it.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

pwnyXpress posted:

Wow it is almost as though people have different preferences on what is good music or something.

(Best to worst imo: Hesitation Marks, Year Zero, HTDA stuff, Ghosts, Fragile, everything else. Now someone else post theirs!)

Hesitation Marks, Fragile, Year Zero, PHM, Ghosts, HTDA, other stuff. Still love it all.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I want more deviations and the “coming soon” with teeth remaster to actually come out tho I don’t have much hope of that.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

IUG posted:

Who else got excited for an email from NiN, only for that to be deflated when they saw it was for a tote bag?

Yes :(.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Rageaholic posted:

Since this is basically the HEALTH thread too, they covered Deftones' Be Quiet And Drive for Spotify. It owns.

https://open.spotify.com/track/2SprbOeFdglaLgZoCcytuu?si=z7r__EwmT36NduOoNEuSmg&context=spotify%3Aalbum%3A6jAdEVjL2cnwhhywkdmIzr

This rules.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I go back and forth depending on where I am with my mood really as to whether I like TDS or Fragile more. What an album. Can't believe it's almost 30 years old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I mostly just want Year Zero remastered on vinyl at this point. I would love new music too but that's all I really need. I'd buy The Slip too but if that doesn't release ever that's fine.