Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
So any LA/OC goons going to tonight's show besides me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
I was up in the stands with my wife, and apart from the dinner at the Rock'n Fish next to the staples center being horrible because they over cooked her seared ahi and under cooked my swordfish, the obnoxiously flailing 45+ year-old couple next to us coked out of their minds which is odd because he looked like a cop (cop-stache and all so probably LAPD that raided the narc locker before the show) I had a blast.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Earwicker posted:

I seriously cannot understand why anyone gives a poo poo about who gets nominated or "honored" in a tourist trap in Cleveland. I mean it's about as significant as an artist having an old guitar put up on the wall of a Hard Rock Cafe.

A few years ago I would agree with you that the R&R HOF is a tourist trap and a retarded one at that.

But then this happened and totally justified it's existence

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
I think HTDA is on the same level as Ghosts and Fragile when it comes to experimentation in the very best of ways. The only fault to Welcome Oblivion is that it's nowhere near as accessible as almost everything he's put out under the NIN name but after a few listens there's a ton of great stuff on that album, with the only exception being the title track really.

I hope they do more than just one EP and album since if Reznor uses HTDA & soundtracks for his more experimental music while NIN remains focused on being his way to get his mainstream stuff out that's not a bad thing at all.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

TOOT BOOT posted:

Having had time to sit on it a good long while I ended up liking Welcome Oblivion more than Hesitation Marks. Neither are all that great but WO has like 3 really good songs to HM's 1.

WO has like 7 good tracks for me while HM only has 6 but they're both excellent albums with a very different focus, which being released only 6 months apart is really impressive musically and I'd rather get more HtdA at this point instead of more NIN.

I agree though that his soundtrack work has taken the place of any more ghost albums, but that's not really a bad thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

axleblaze posted:

Why would you be a NIN fan if your criteria for a good album is that it sounds line the artist had fun making it?

Yeah this.

TDS/Fragile doesn't sound like it was fun... like at all and they're easily his best work.

WO felt like it was his main soundtrack and NIN collaborators taking charge and him and his wife doing the singing, lyrics, and a bit of the fill in parts.