Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Update just dropped

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

3 month trial. gently caress it, I liked beats better than spotify so I might stick with this.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
These new unreleased instrumentals are cool man.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Platypus Farm posted:

There's a show with a character named mr poopybutthole? Jesus how far have we fallen as a people

Pretty good character trust

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I bet it must be something out of his control.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I mean he put out the instrumental version of the fragile up on Apple music, I bet Apple probably gave him enough money just to get at least that since Fragile was like on what Interscope?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Nam Taf posted:

He works for Apple. Literally, he was an employee of Beats which was purchased by Apple

Yeah I know that. I'm saying I bet because of that I think he was able to get the instrumentals out thanks to now working for apple and they probably helped with that.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I have the fragile and with teeth instrumentals saved to my phone for offline use as well. The only problems I have are when I connect my phone on the car and then it has a little freak out when I try to play it but other than that its fine.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
my boy tr...

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Definitely playing it up

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I thought it was just as good as anything on social network OST. Still my favorite from them

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Time heals all wounds

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Niggytardust came out after year zero, then he made ghosts, then he put out the slip shortly after.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I mean in those days they were just trying to experiment with new ways to sell albums. they both obviously learned lessons from those experiences.

There was no Spotify back then, it was just a Wild West.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Immolat1on posted:

Was the soundtrack for The Crow recently released or something? I stumbled upon Dead Souls on youtube and looked up the movie was released in 1994 but I had never heard the song before. I go to check spotify and its currently #8 in their top town most popular which I never remember seeing. But its also listed on the Downward Spiral so I did just happen to skip over it? But even then why is it suddenly trending?

No.

The song was released in the soundtrack for that movie.

It was later bundled in the deluxe remaster of the downward spiral later. That's probably the album you're listening to with all the other b-sides and remixes.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

magiccarpet posted:

Anyone give the soundtrack a listen yet?

Yeah it's good I really enjoyed it.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
TFW you realize maybe putting your music out for free wasn't going to work out so you find different ways to help the music industry

JUST Kidding i mean gently caress what a sellout am i rgiht

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Lol

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

TOOT BOOT posted:

I'm going to be megapissed if its some Apple Music exclusive bullshit. Hopefully Trent has better sense than that even if he is an Apple employee now.

It's gonna be Apple Music exclusive for sure

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I'm so loving hype

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Jumping in on the fragile.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

TOOT BOOT posted:

Really now, the long-awaited Fragile rerelease is a limited $80 vinyl? gently caress off with that bullshit.

No it's 45 dollars but the crazy never before seen deluxe set of rare poo poo is 80 dollars.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Honestly vinyl had a huge resurgence this year. People just started buying it more I feel. Hell I bought my first 2 vinyls this year.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

BANME.sh posted:

The new EP is streaming on Beats radio tomorrow, a day ahead of the release date

hell yes

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
broke down and bought a vinyl, couldn't wait for a stream tonight.

On the second track right now and this ep is going off. So loving dope

E: wow this ep loving shreds

The REAL Goobusters fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Dec 22, 2016

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Caseman posted:

This EP is everything I could have wanted from new NIN and more. Echoing the sentiment that it sounds very Fragile-era in a lot of ways, but it still manages to be very fresh. The beginning of The Idea of You really caught me off guard, but it's a great track.

I don't think anything will ever be as surprising as the loving saxaphone on Black Noise.

The sax on black noise ruled so hard

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
http://www.spin.com/featured/qa-trent-reznor-and-atticus-ross-talk-patriots-day-before-the-flood-escaping-musical-despair-and-depravity/

TR sheds some light on the score for Patriot's Day, working on that movie and stuff. Honestly I was a bit wary but it sounds kinda cool. At least the OST sounds cool.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Here are the album credits

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

BANME.sh posted:

I see that Deviations contains +Appendage - has that ever been released on anything other than the original cassette?

I think it was in the instrumentals for the fragile that trent released last year on apple music.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Call Me Charlie posted:

Just popping in to say that vinyl can suck my dick forever and he'll never drag me back from the awesome future of saying a song title and having it automatically play. Artwork and intentions be damned.

(all that said, the new ep is interesting so i'm excited for the new album)

we found the one guy who still uses siri lol

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Caseman posted:

Pretty sure this was going to debut at #1 a week early but the digital distributor blew their load and released on Thursday. Would've been nice to knock loving Pentatonix off the top spot. Oh well

EDIT: Reworded

dont think so fam

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

BANME.sh posted:

I randomly came across the Tension 2013 tour video on YouTube and the description says there's a DVD/BluRay set to be released Spring 2014.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBC3NXnN8y4

What the hell happened to that? I had completely forgotten about it.

TR working on apple music probably stopped that.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
The beats1 interview was basically saying that Trent finally allowed himself to look back at his previous work and expand on it. Since previously what he's done he just have a blank slate and do something new. He says a lot of his material from the 90s influenced this, but like straight up his own work and not something that happened at the same time he was doing NIN.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Pitchfork hated the new EP fwiw

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Pop music always has and always will suck. Just because there's good pop music every now and then doesn't hide the poo poo stuff.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
The vinyl is never coming. I've accepted this.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I am loving hype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Earwicker posted:

imo broken is a good ep but really just an appetizer. fixed is the real main course

Fixed is the true test to see if you're a true fan or not. And also if you have good taste :colbert: