Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Last week the algorithms on social media bombarded me with anniversary stuff about the downward spiral being 30 years old and drat if it didn’t work. It was on my mind and then I popped into this thread and I’ve been on a real NIN binge for several days.

I think this is the first time I’ve been socially influenced and it’s due to sheer volume of targeted material in the 10ish minutes I looked at Facebook last week.

I’m sure I’ve been had by social media in the past, but this is the first time I’ve been hyper aware of it.

I think there’s an amount of irony in that what I was influenced into doing was listening to NIN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Whoa that album ruled.

Now I'm listening to The Social Network for the first time and I wish I had done this a long time ago.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I’m listening to Challengers again and I’m liking it more every listen! Yeah x10 invokes LCD real good.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7Qqpp09qWGo

This soundtrack is so very excellent I wish I hadn’t ignored it for… 14 years.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

ytisomauq posted:

I mean, that's the point of the Boys Noize mix. The score is exactly what it's supposed to be (how it's used in the movie). But I agree that the flow is better in the mix. The tennis noises are jarring, even if they are the point.

The iPhone alarm at the end of track 1 ruined it for me. My wife and I left the house at the same time on Friday morning. She helped me in a rush get my son buckled into his car seat. Then I drove him to day care, turned on the album, heard the alarm and was so confused I thought my wife’s phone had fallen from her pocket and was in my car somewhere while she was on a train.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I binged With Teeth a few weeks ago and it’s among my favorite albums.

Right Beside You in Time is a top tier song and sounds so good to my ears every single time I hear it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
This weekend I’ve been struck by nostalgia and my music nostalgia seems to come from 2003-2006.

I’ve been listening to Jet, Rock Kills Kid, The Strokes, Keane, and Muse. This evening I turned on Muse radio on Spotify and up pops Only. And then I realized the year With Teeth was released.

God drat, the music coming out of that period was so good.