Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

San Antonio was really loving good, a nice balance of HM material and his old stuff. Hearing ATLITW was awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

beepstreet posted:

That's an excellent live version. I like that way more then the studio one.

For anyone interested in NIN on vinyl, I'm selling my copy of The Fragile ITT:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3582444

I'd totally buy this if I had $150 right now. In in unlikely event that someone hasn't bought this in a week or so I'd buy it.

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

Dr Tran posted:

Explosions in the Sky was too loud and never went anywhere.

I really want to like Explosions in the Sky because they're from Austin but when they opened in San Antonio I think everyone fell asleep for 45 minutes.

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

axleblaze posted:

I'm not sure what it says about me that most of the time someone says something that annoys them about a particular NIN song, I almost never have any idea what they're talking about.

I can understand why people think Trent's lyrics are bad even if they don't bother me.

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

Nine Japan Inch 2014 Nails.

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

LoudLoudNoise posted:

Pretty sure I saw Barton Springs Pool so that means they're playing Austin, right? :dance:

Have any internet spergs figured this out yet? I really want this to be true but I'm not autistic enough to open the video in After Effects.

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

I told myself, naah, I'll still be able to get pre-sale tickets for Austin at 5pm, I don't need to wake up at noon. :sigh:

So are these tickets like more expensive than Tension was? And it's minimal production and you have to listen to Soundgarden?

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

This is pissing me off. I just want to get floor tickets for the Austin show and it's giving me tickets way way in the back. There's no loving way all the floor tickets sold out during the pre-sale.

Nevermind, I got my tickets because I can't read instructions. I'll bring some lorazepam to the show in case Soundgarden plays first so I can sleep through them.

roboshit fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Mar 21, 2014

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I saw Gone Girl last night and goddamn the soundtrack definitely elevates that movie quite a bit. Thought it was much better than TGWTDT soundtrack as well.

How would you rank the soundtrack vs. movie as compared to The Social Network? That was an amazing movie made even more amazing by the score, while TGWTDT was a pretty great movie only complimented by the soundtrack. It was great and all but I didn't think Trent and Atticus' work had as big an impact as it did in The Social Network. So far I think the Gone Girl soundtrack is better than Dragon Tattoo but not as good as The Social Network's.

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

If he had just scheduled those literally 30 days earlier I could go :doh:

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

http://rivercityrockfest.com/

Festival performance in San Antonio on September 22nd. Guess I will get to see NIN after all :getin:

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

Pirate Jet posted:

I loving adore how NIN’s Twitter account is giddily retweeting pictures of people buying 10-12 tickets as if they actually plan on bringing their entire extended family to the concert and aren’t planning on immediately flipping these online.

I was pissed when I saw that. I can’t go to the tour this year because Trent hates Ticketmaster or something blah blah and then they turn around and do that.

Like the new music but Trent is a dumbass for doing this.

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

Maybe I’m dumb, but is it legit buying these tickets on Stubhub? Yeah the prices are a bit of a ripoff but I would have bought a couple if it didn’t involve driving 3 hours both ways to Dallas to stand in line all day. I guess I thought the whole point of Trent doing this was so they DIDN’T end up on these sites?

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

AND THE DEVIL WANTS TO gently caress ME IN THE BACK OF HIS CAR

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

lol this is modern day journalism

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

Donovan Trip posted:

Maybe it's as simple as just not wanting to do a ballad to drugs where he calls them perfect and himself helpless without them

That's my guess. Trent being in his mid 50s and still singing angsty lyrics is one thing, but it's probably crossing the line to sing about how cool and good doing drugs is when you're a recovering addict.

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

This is unironically great and the best thing about the whole season, which was otherwise kind of meh.

drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

Rageaholic posted:

It's literally the only memorable thing about the season, other than this:

https://twitter.com/nickmullen/status/1139643140380536834

I'm glad he's back on twitter