Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Platypus Farm posted:

I'm sure all the musicians and singers are expensive, but yeah, like Charlie said... that light set up must be breaking the bank. I mean, power needs, the expense of lugging that poo poo around, having to pay qualified people to put it all together, probably having to pay for electric inspections and poo poo?

So riggers generally get billed out at 80-100 an hour, the show in CT if I remember correctly was 8 riggers for 8 hours on each the load in and load out. That's just the riggers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Periphery's singer Spencer Sotelo did a cover of Every Day Is Exactly The Same and released it yesterday https://soundcloud.com/those-loving-horses/every-day-is-exactly-the-same

it's not great but it's also not awful.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwEwypvmpiM

here's a not very good quality recording, hopefully we'll get like a VEVO or Vimeo upload of the whole song.

Also it makes me even more jealous that Aus gets QOTSA and NIN.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

samurai slowdown posted:

Well, they still came out ahead by not being Metallica because holy poo poo that was cringe worthy.

I didn't think there was another way for me to be entirely bored by One and adding a world class pianist didn't disappoint

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Sir Lemming posted:

It'd be better if it weren't a straight-up copy of Copy of A, but it's pretty cute.

:thejoke:

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

TheJoker138 posted:

This is literally the exact opposite of what they've been doing. All of phase 1 was formulaic, and with phase 2 they've been giving much more creative control to the directors.

This pretty much seems the case, phase 1 was the bait to get everyone to see the avengers, they accomplished that and got the general public to say they want more. Thor 2 had a pretty different feel of a movie and the new captain america seems pretty out there.

Has Trent made any mention if his love/hate for comic books?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Platypus Farm posted:

I love the fact that the sexy actor is playing a loving tree man.

and he only has three words in his vocabulary

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

For reference:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbjX7FwCZa8

Still gives me chills and makes me think the movie is something I know for a fact it isn't.

you would certainly think the movie was going to be the best thing ever.

Also just noticed Christian Bale's WHAT ARE YOU is the same as his Batman WHERE ARE THEY

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I've been wanting to gently caress women like animals since I was 8

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

welp looks like i'm seeing NIN again in Mansfield.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

axleblaze posted:

Hopefully you will not end up behind me.

i'll be sure to post about it if I do.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

axleblaze posted:

Eh, I pulled the trigger because I'm dumb and also because my friend who I go with is a huge Soundgarden fan who has never seen them live.

If anyone wants to avoid being behind me I'm in Row Q of Section 5.

Noted :toot:

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Run Dodo Run posted:

I wonder if big-rear end production tour followed by co-headline amphitheatre with minimal production tour to regain the money spent is going to be a thing now. This is the second time he's done it.

well if it worked the first time then I don't see why not.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

god that new bass line is so groovy, I still think the best addition is the back up singers though.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

M1TCH3LL posted:

Had I have known, I wouldn't have been so stand-offish. Sorry dude. I was trying desperately to pull my feet from off the Coke-covered sticky floor. I did hold your spot, by the way, but you ended up on the other side of me. I ended up behind a lad with big muscles and his missus who didn't particularly like anyone being in her space. That came in handy when a larger girl started moshing with herself and nearly got punched by some middle aged man near the end.

this wouldn't have happened if everyone would just sit down :smug:

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

the alternate lyrics were "Every release is exactly the same"

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

fallenturtle posted:

I'm mostly skipping through the instrumental tracks, they just lack something without the lyrics, with the exception of Starfuckers... I think it actually works really well as an instrumental.

I wish he had done more with Can I Stay Here.

the album is perfect as an instrumental and I won't get my VODs muted when I stream on twitch now. :dance:

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

no one mentioning 'Hurt' played a huge part of the season finale of Rick & Morty?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Oh my, what did Dave Grohly say?

You would have thought his dad died

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Immolat1on posted:

Was the soundtrack for The Crow recently released or something? I stumbled upon Dead Souls on youtube and looked up the movie was released in 1994 but I had never heard the song before. I go to check spotify and its currently #8 in their top town most popular which I never remember seeing. But its also listed on the Downward Spiral so I did just happen to skip over it? But even then why is it suddenly trending?

i'm the reason the Soundtrack moved up a few pegs, I added the entire thing to my playlist last week and have been playing it every time i'm in the car.

It's a good soundtrack damnit.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

We are getting a new years Eve release

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Bliggers- posted:

Or Billy Corgan, who has gone full illuminati.

Funny enough MM and SP did a joint tour last year.

Corgan is trying to buy a near dead wrestling organization, someone should take away his checkbook.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

digging that new youtube track, sounds like the stuff I used to listen to during freshman year of high school when I would go home and cry in my pillow because I went another day without someone my penis.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Does this pretty much confirm the rumor that someone in massive attack is actually banksy?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I blame Twin Peaks, this is a The Nine Inch Nails album

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Less Than is an amazing track live.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

All the tracks from NTAE and Add Violence have seemed loving amazing from what I've seen so far

Yeah i just watched the She's Gone Away live track from last night god drat, can it be full tour time?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

:master:

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

*preaches analog superiority, sends all his inputs to FOH using DANTE*

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

All of The Fragile tracks with the back female singers on the last tour we're hands down the best

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I love you Trent, but I hope your day one ticket sales make you turn around and hit the for sale button on ticketmaster.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Can't wait for when this tour starts and there is no visuals or anything, it's just going to be the band on stage just like it was in the 90s!

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I still can't loving imagine what NIN fans thought of Explosions in the Sky and Godspeed You Black Emperor as openers during the Tension tour (if they weren't familiar with them before)

I'd imagine there was a lot of talking over their sets.

Godspeed in Boston wasn't too bad, people were still filing in but they at least had the benefit of having the live projectionist doing his thing so it kept people interested a least a little.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Glad I'm not the only one who has a horrific Mars Volta show, I saw them on a headlining show and left about 20 minutes in, it was legitimately a wall of noise that resembled nothing of music

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

glam rock hamhock posted:

It was 10am local time.

I actually managed to get seats. I got two seats, not even close to being together and they both are terrible seats, but I got them.

How much you selling them for

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

i'm betting once people start seeing the setlist you'll be able to get some cheap seats.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Has it been brought up that Play the Goddamned Part sounds like a song that was written after Trent watched Whiplash?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

polyester concept posted:

Not that his kids are any of our business but a few pages back somebody pointed out how they've been given the most insufferable names ever:

please tell me the unnamed kid is actually named Untitled Track Reznor

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I like Freese on drums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

yeah I don't think anything tops 'That's What I Get'

Let me just put the lyrics here for you all to remember about how Trent isn't the only boy for you.

quote:

Just when everything was making sense
You took away all my self confidence
Now all that I've been hearing must be true
I guess I'm not the only boy for you

How could you turn us into this?
After you just taught me how to kiss you
I told you I'd never say goodbye
I'm slipping on the tears you made me cry

But that's what I get
(That's what I get)

Why does it come as a surprise?