Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Lobsterboy posted:

You cant talk about silly NIN songs without mentioning "Big man with a Gun", because that song shouldnt exist.

God drat its sooo baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

I usually give that song and Heresy a skip when I listen to TDS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
The Cash version is very good, but I’ve grown to hate it due to drunk idiots that seem to pop up at every bar I go to and think it’s a good song to play on the jukebox. Seriously what the gently caress I’m trying to not be depressed out here man.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Sir Lemming posted:

Just promise not to give Trent a Stone Cold Stunner, he's old now

Trent may be old but if he's still even in half as huge as he was in around when With Teeth came out I have no doubt he could kick my rear end.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
NIN hasn’t come anywhere near me in over 10 years but it’s cool to see that even if I wanted to do a roadtrip to Chicago I’d be hosed too.

Also “poo poo mirror” immediately makes me think of “pussygrinder”

Pops Mgee fucked around with this message at 02:18 on May 11, 2018

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Did anyone listen to the album without following the arg? I can't separate them in my mind after following that thing for months and can't imagine it's the same experience without knowing all the background to the whole story.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

From the Where do I start with ___ ? thread:

I suggested Downward Spiral and/or Broken first, then Pretty Hate Machine, then if all that sounds appealing, everything after Downward Spiral.

Which would you suggest to someone looking to get into NIN nowadays?

Year Zero's probably another good starting point.

Strobe light

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
They haven't been anywhere near me since the With Teeth tour. So glad I made it to two shows in 06.Was surprised there weren't any Wisconsin stops on the cancelled tour. Would only be fitting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
At the very least The Slip was free so it gets points there.