Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Year Zero was such an amazing time. I still remember there being people on ETS and other parts of the greater online community always whine about the "new" NIN albums post The Fragile, but it was such an awesome time. That tour was so crazy to follow, and then everything leading up to that final secret show was insane.

We'll never get that HBO show, but drat that would've been cool.

I'm real curious what the rest of the storyline was but it feels like Trent is pulling a 1. Outside on us and lost interest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Bonk posted:

I'm still really curious about the tracks labeled "Instrumental" on Deviations 1. Most were on the original Fragile, but some weren't, implying the ones that weren't had vocal tracks at some point.

I think it just varies. Some might have had tiny little bits of vocals as instrument, or vocals that were never finished and I think a couple had complete, finished vocals. It would be nice to hear them but I don't think we're missing Disc 3 of The Fragile or anything.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Throwing things at the artist is a dick move. The only time I've ever thrown an object at the stage is right after the lights came on at a show because someone near me, who I didn't know, took a swing at a security guard and security's response was to hose down everyone nearby with large cannisters of pepper spray. If I wasn't in high school at the time I probably would have filed a lawsuit over that poo poo.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

MIDWIFE CRISIS posted:

Been on a Bowie kick recently and I'm reading this biography ("Hallo Spaceboy" by Dave Thompson).

It's a shame they didn't really record anything together. They basically did everything but.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I saw City Of Angels in the theater and some goth lady was literally weeping.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Sir Lemming posted:

My assumption is that with some of those songs, he never came up with finished vocals, maybe just a scratch track lying around somewhere. After all, wasn't it lyrical writer's block that inspired him to do so many instrumentals in the first place?

If I had to guess which ones did have vocals I'd say The March and Was It Worth It? are two good candidates since they're a lot closer to fully realized songs than some of the others.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

IUG posted:

Since this topic got a bump; I want more Deviations releases. Fragile Deviations was so good. It even has the “1” in the title, so you know he was planning on more.

So did "1. Outside"

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUpxv1t7yFo

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I'd be interested in hearing more demos/outtakes from the album but I think we'd have heard about it by now if anything was planned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Perhaps the reason the Fragile is viewed as a disappointment to some was this weird idea that it was going around at the time that it was going to 'save Rock. And then it wasn't quite that big of a deal.