Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TOOT BOOT posted:

It's weird to see NIN playing a show with traditional industrial bands. It's actually kinda weird how little Trent talks about industrial music despite being the most successful industrial artist. Maybe it's one of those things like The Cure and Sisters of Mercy denying that they're goth bands.

He was interviewed in the Wax Trax documentary that came out a couple of years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Rageaholic posted:

Hearing Trent's isolated pitch-corrected falsetto part in The Beginning of the End really took me by surprise :chanpop: I don't think I'd ever noticed that before! I listened to the song again after watching the video and I still couldn't really notice it, so it must be buried in the mix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvD7OrSG26c

There is a lot of stuff buried in that album you'd only really pick out if you decided to screw around remixing stuff when Trent released all the tracks.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Rageaholic posted:

https://twitter.com/consequence/status/1526566368971218952

57! :eyepop:

Trent's one of the most creative 57 year olds out there, up there with Bowie. Bowie's Blackstar came out when he was, what, 68? I hope we're still getting wild NIN releases when Trent's in his 60s.

e: Also, ixi made this dope little NIN-like version of happy birthday:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKyjzX4Tx84

Last night at FLA I was thinking "Bill Leeb is still in pretty good shape for his age even if his hair looks silly."

Did not realize Trent is actually older until I saw this post and he has been in the best shape of his live for the last 15 years.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

david_a posted:

Holy poo poo I never put that together either. Uncle Al and the two SP Kevins are older; I’ve never thought of Leeb as the young one in that group.

When you cling to your old hair style despite it making you look kind of like this you just look older.

Meanwhile Jean-Luc De Meyer is 65 and looked much younger when I saw C-Tec pre-pandemic because he shaved his head (and wears sunglasses on stage.)

Trent being able to keep his hair and stay in shape is impressive.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

obeyasia posted:

I'll believe this horseshit sounding story when I can hear this alleged sample or TR confirms it. The phrasing is too awkward to be a real thing someone said naturally; I'd believe Al said it after being becoming aware of the band name and song title.

I believe all of Al's stories about how his projects got named. Even the 1,000 Homo DJs story where there's two different stories about who said it and it makes about as much sense as the NIN one.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
There was definitely a Year Zero ARG thread in GBS because that's how I found out about the album.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Quote-Unquote posted:

Still waiting on The Fragile 5.1

The official Downward Spiral and With Teeth mixes are great, and the fan made Year Zero, Ghosts and The Slip ones are very good too.

Year Zero Remixed is one of my favorite remix albums, Capital G is way too much fun.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Redrum and Coke posted:

Is there a specific time we can point to when NIN gave up any pretense of being different from any of the other interchangeable bands selling endless tchotchkes?

I still love Trent's music but, goddamn.

NIN feels like a band that was always heavily merchandised (for the non KISS division) so I'm not really surprised he puts out even more stuff now that it's easier to do so and his fans need golf polos.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I love Year Zero but I want more remixes. I know there was a whole website full of them back in the day but I want Trent to just pick more for me to listen to.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bonk posted:

https://youwillloveeachother.bandcamp.com/album/rat-wars

HEALTH now has 4 tracks off their new album out. Reminds me a LOT of classic 90s industrial metal, but with an updated feel and better produced. I'm pretty sure the guy from Author & Punisher guests on Sicko.

Just needs a few samples of serial killers & horror movie monologues. :v:

I wish :(

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
A thought popped into my head tonight that Trent is at the age he should be putting out a NIN blues album soon.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It's not like NIN wasn't a band known for putting out a lot of merch.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I will add one more voice for the Boys Noize mix being fantastic.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Rageaholic posted:

Happy 19th birthday to AWITHUHH TEETHUHH, which is the first NIN album I ever heard start to finish back when it came out.

The Fragile was the first NIN album I bought but With Teeth was the first one I followed the agonizing wait for. I just pulled it up on my phone and realized I must have first ripped it when I got an ipod because it's missing half the songs and I would only rip my favorite songs to fit the smaller storage sizes. I know I ripped the rest at some point but I guess those tracks ended up in a different folder and were lost during a hard drive transfer. Guess I know what I'll be doing tonight!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Hand That Feeds is Trent's best dance song.

I guess other than the Capital G remix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
So after listening to With Teeth this weekend I thought "pretty good album, the weak songs are still week but half of it is really good" I put on The Fragile this morning and man, With Teeth just can't compare to that. Challengers [MIXED] sounds awesome on the sound system in my new car but this is next level. I've been listening to a bunch of techno and industrial this week to feel it out and I could definitely feel this one.