Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
Have any of you guys had experience with the fan presale before? I bought two tickets for myself and a friend of mine in Adelaide, but he's gotten pretty sick and won't be able to go. Thing is, it says in the presale guidelines that you need to have your entire party to get in.

How the hell do I get in then if I've bought two tickets but I'm the only one going?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Oh, ok so if I'm just going on my own I'll still be allowed to grab one ticket. Cool.

I guess these are the downsides to grabbing tickets for a concert in another state.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

When do we see a picture like that with Chris Vrenna?

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Man, this is incredible.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Yeah, that first LP was fab. Happy to hear he's back on track.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Earwicker posted:

I wouldn't expect a film soundtrack to necessarily sound like any of their albums. Johnny Greenwood has been composing orchestral pieces, including film scores, for some years now and it sounds nothing at all like Radiohead. While Fight Club of course came out before any of his soundtracks, he'd likely been developing his style as a composer for quite some time before that and I imagine that if Radiohead were commissioned for a film soundtrack they would probably rely pretty heavily on his skills in that area.

Wasn't Fight Club something like a decade before There Will Be Blood though? I'm not sure how developed they would have been then.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Knew exactly what that would be before I clicked it and am still cool with it.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

I think this is vaguely NIN related, Big Black Delta finally got his second album out last month and it's great.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Call Me Charlie posted:

And kinda related to that, Alessandro said "Sonoio it's over, I can't finish the new album"

:negative:

Aww really? That's disappointing. I really liked the first two.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

It's a meathead tribute double album.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Just listening to the new EP on Spotify. The Background World sounds like something off the last third of With Teeth, the transition from muffled to clean at around the two minute mark and then the slow push back to to distortion is fabulous. It even has bleeding through in the lyrics.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

fallenturtle posted:

"Remove Violence"

Hahaha

This EP is growing on me. It works well coming straight from the first one too.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

hbxli posted:

Um so guys, I did a thing where I made an album of NIN songs mashed up with some of the worst music I could think of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwXVEzfIzpo

Holy cow you've broken me.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Late to the HEALTH chat but they're one of the best bands I've ever seen live. It was just after Jupiter left and it was face rippingly fantastic. Die Slow is an all time classic.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Nothing like a Bob Newhart riddled Meathead NIN video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Rad set but I'm surprised there's no Die Slow. That song ripped live when I saw them ages ago and kind of used to be their big hit.