Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PalaNIN
Sep 19, 2004

LRLRRRLLRRLRLRLRRLRLR

Sir Lemming posted:

Don't ask me to explain because I can't. Just passing this along from Twitter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qpj4gVQLmCQ

Incredible - I splitscreened it alongside the original and it's crazy accurate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PalaNIN
Sep 19, 2004

LRLRRRLLRRLRLRLRRLRLR

Caseman posted:

W_T will always hold a special place in my heart, as it was the album that introduced me to the band and led me down this wild rabbit hole of Trent Reznor. Listening to it today, I think I like it even more than I did at release. Also it has the single greatest NIN lyric of all time.

Get your head on a spring and listen to Awitha Teetha today!

That first web teaser with the Beside You In Time clip was mindblowing for me. I got into NIN after The Fragile came out and WT was the first new NIN album release that I was able to experience. Time to give it another whirl!

PalaNIN
Sep 19, 2004

LRLRRRLLRRLRLRLRRLRLR

Rageaholic posted:

e: Who else had NIN in their top artists on Spotify Wrapped?

They were #1 for me and I think it's purely because of their extensive back catalog; no NIN song made it into my top 100 songs. I think I had a few days during the year where I played the whole back catalog from PHM through to The Slip over a few days, and otherwise just listened to the odd album here and there.

PalaNIN
Sep 19, 2004

LRLRRRLLRRLRLRLRRLRLR

obeyasia posted:

and its missing a song completely

Two songs, even!

PalaNIN
Sep 19, 2004

LRLRRRLLRRLRLRLRRLRLR
Hurt is unfortunately an easy option for the crowd to mess things up.

I was at this Melbourne show when someone yelled out and Trent ragequit there too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQkbrm1v5Ng&t=62s

PalaNIN
Sep 19, 2004

LRLRRRLLRRLRLRLRRLRLR

SUNKOS posted:

Also Pilgrimage does own but Just Like You Imagined will forever be my favorite Fragile instrumental. Kinda surprised Leaving Hope didn't make it on there as the final track because it's so powerful and I've nothing against Ripe (With Decay) but Leaving Hope would have been a hell of a closer, especially given the themes of the album. I don't think it was written afterwards just because of Trent's comments about Adrift and at Peace being a companion piece to La Mer but I might be wrong.

Everything from the Fragile era is ripe for reordering and reimagining and I've had a few similar thoughts re alternate opening/closing tracks on the album. I thought the Still tracks were distinct afterthoughts after TF was released and toured but now I'm imagining all the different ways you could pull together a 6-track playlist of TF/AATCHB tracks to portray a certain theme or emotion and drat that'd actually be a really fun competition to have with NIN fans.

PalaNIN
Sep 19, 2004

LRLRRRLLRRLRLRLRRLRLR
The self titled GUNSHIP album is a banger but you have to treat it like a guilty pleasure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PalaNIN
Sep 19, 2004

LRLRRRLLRRLRLRLRRLRLR
Aus-based HEALTH fans - we're getting a tour this winter! Tickets just went on sale a few days ago.

https://musicfeeds.com.au/news/health-announce-2024-rat-based-warfare-down-under-tour/

Wednesday, 31st July: Amplifier Bar, Perth
Thursday, 1st August: Lion Arts, Adelaide
Friday, 2nd August: 170 Russell, Melbourne
Saturday, 3rd August: Manning Bar, Sydney
Sunday, 4th August: Brightside Outdoors, Brisbane