Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I feel your pain this has happened to me so many times in shows I know that were proshot.

I preordered the poo poo out of that bluray by the way. gently caress yeah.

I don't know what you pre-ordered, but it wasn't Tension 2013. Its not available to do so yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Just skimming through the questions posted so far is pretty cringe worthy. I asked if the Coil / Nine Inch Nails "Recoiled" had his input or approval.

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

2014's all about them going international so far, but according to that Reddit AMA Trent did, they will return to the States next year.

I'm kinda hoping he is working on scaling down the production and maybe doing some smaller club shows again. Perhaps I am a super gay, but I would still pay close to $100 to see NIN in a smaller, 300 or less person, venue with a basic lighting setup.

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

They've been playing big arenas and festivals exclusively for years now.
A portion of the Wave Goodbye tour were very simplified club shows.

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bliggers- posted:

There's a huge difference between a 2500-3000 seat club show and a 250-300 seat one. I doubt NIN will ever play tiny clubs like that again. I'd drop $100 on it in a heartbeat if they did though.

The Bowery only holds about 500.

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Are the recent Ukrainian protests actually an ARG for Year Zero 2?

I guess that's up for you to decide.

http://nineinchnails.tumblr.com/post/69705376687/a-nine-inch-nails-poster-promoting-the-kiev-show

nine inch nails posted:

A Nine Inch Nails poster promoting the Kiev show in June just happens to be in the middle of protesters and police forces in Kiev today. Somehow this is coincidence and not a new Year Zero ARG. Stay safe out there, Ukrainians.

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

TOOT BOOT posted:

Honestly it's kind of embarrassing how hard he's walked back the stuff he said a couple years ago.

If I could erase dumb poo poo I said in the past in the light of new experiences and information, I would too. It's unreasonable to expect ones attitude to remain the same for their entire life and you're a childish poo poo slinger if you think this is some kind of "gotcha" moment.
It's one thing to flip flop on a current issue, but he said that what... 3 years ago? Give me a break.

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Trent has a playlist he made called "Shameless self promotion." :mmmhmm:

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

TOOT BOOT posted:

Then he shouldn't have been so quick to give 100 interviews talking about how behind the times and obsolete major labels are.

There's a difference between practice and theory. In theory he's right. He could still be off label if his over head were that of someone like DIIV. But big projects and big ideas cost time and money. I don't see why I would chastise someone for trying a radically new approach and it not working out. I also appreciate his candor even if his feelings change. To be fair its not like he's guesting on Miley Cyrus, or producing for Lady Gaga.

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
All we have to go on is what has been shared with the public. So you take from that what you want to I guess. Because in 3 years, nothing changes for anyone, especially if they don't tweet about it lol.

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

The older you get, the more you realize there's battles to fight and battles to let go of. Actually scratch that, it has less to do with age and more to do with a clearer perspective of the world around you.

Caring about the Grammys either way is a battle to let go of. He's pretty much going to jam on stage with a bunch of bands he's friends with and Lindsey Buckingam who is awesome and is on Hesitation Marks. When you look at those names it sounds like the California Rock clique (Which TR is a part of now) waving some power in the music industry. But it could also just be a bunch of likeminded musicians wanting to play together on a big TV platform.

The only thing I really hope Trent does more of is appear on younger artist's records to give them some publicity and exposure. Goto New Zealand and play with Naked and Famous or something. Pull a Bowie.

That's a fair assessment I could see being believable. I know I feel the same way personally. My attitude on things changes with experience and time.

Rolling Stone article, briefly discusses involvement with Beats and new material this fall.
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/trent-reznor-on-why-beats-is-worth-your-money-and-nins-next-plans-20140124

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

magiccarpet posted:

Just saw a Beats commercial. Trent's voice over some Ghosts track.

God is dead

Yeah, gently caress him for endorsing a service he helped design on a core level. So lame.

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Platypus Farm posted:

On the other hand, I really doubt trent was never told about the format of the final thing for the show.

To be clear, I think the cutting off business was obnoxious, but it's a show produced to run on television with particular and specific time requirements. I really doubt it was just a total surprise that they cut to commercial. And even if it was, he still got a fat rear end check, which is why he was there anyway, so...

Nope.

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZQuQkEouVI

The mind boggles.

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

The Singing Chav posted:

Uh, what needs explaining? Trent's partially spent his career trying to be Uncle Al and/or Ogre dude. No big secret there. (Also Bowie, etc, etc.)

Nope.

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Year Zero TV show, obviously.

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

This is becoming "the cake is a lie lolollllo" of NIN fans. It's been 5 years guys.

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm interested in finding more info about why there wasn't a video of any kind shot for Last. That always stuck stuck out like a sore thumb in the context of the Broken movie. Has anyone seen or heard interviews where this was addressed?

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Call Me Charlie posted:

It's actually the opposite. I'm a progressive that's salty that he's willing to toe the company line and participate in the Hollywood 'lets jack off in each others mouths and pretend we're changing the world' club.

Help the music industry by launching a spotify clone with a radio stream :jerkbag: Do artists get more control? No. Do artists get paid better? No. The only thing that's changed is he's on the payroll and willing to turn a blind eye now. Maybe Google or Spotify should try cutting him a check so he stops motherfucking them in the press. (Or maybe he could try remembering that he's the person who put all of interscope's ip NIN's videos on YouTube and he's the guy who was promoting Spotify as an OiNK/what alternative before it even launched in the us)

In order of the dumb poo poo in this post...
http://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2016/08/01/apple-music-spotify-youtube-paying/
Artists can monetize their own Youtube "channel," Trent's issue with YT is that anyone can upload anything and potentially make money off someone else's work. Spotify pays artists half of what Apple Music does.
Spotify was a great alternative to OiNK/what.cd, at the time, because neither of them paid the artist at all. (please prove otherwise on this, I couldn't find any sources that said the torrent sites paid anyone).

You spotting a trend here yet? Trent Reznor believes artists should be paid for their work, and as such makes choices based on what is available at the time. Not hard to understand.

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Kelp Me! posted:

Ok yeah I just opened mine and thought it was a gently caress-up because the envelope both inside and out is covered in black dust. From the way it smears and got over loving EVERYTHING ON MY DESK I'm guessing it's printer toner or something like that. The warning label on the envelope really made it seem like a "this music will cause you to think rebellious thoughts, user beware!!!!" type of thing, didn't think it was an actual disclaimer that "ok when you open this black dust is going to explode over everything in a 12" radius."

It's kind of retarded, IMO. The cards are pretty cool, but I hope they're waterproof because otherwise the whole thing is going in the trash.

e: loving lol Trent just trolled the poo poo out of me and everyone who's been trained to gloss over Terms & Conditions because it totally says "AND THIS IS IMPORTANT... This will make a mess." on the sticker

I'll buy yours off you for $25 shipped.

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Kelp Me! posted:

Haha I checked on eBay and people are actually paying $60+ for these unopened. Not saying your offer is too low, just couldn't believe there's already such demand for them.

Once I get them home and clean them off a bit, I'll see if I want to frame them or do something equally artsy, otherwise they're yours if you actually want them.

Mind if I ask why you want them? Just a big collector of NIN stuff?

I'm not a mega collector, but I need cool stuff to put on my walls.

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Call Me Charlie posted:

Where's my Perfect Drug single reissue with exclusive bonus content of them soundchecking it along with all the different endings they tried :mad:

I'd like TPD on vinyl with the following added:

-the promo 12" only Aphrodite remix
-the original mix without the end cutting off, it's on one of the WITT CD singles.

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

repeating posted:

Struggling with whether to get the DIgital+Physical component, or the bundle with the vinyl and the (crap) shirt. What do you suppose the vinyl will be, standalone? If $20 I'd go for that just because I hate the shirt so much I'd pay $2 more to not have it.

$50 bundle does not include vinyl.

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Molestationary Store posted:

Yeah I gave the full end a listen finally last night, it's neat but it goes of too long. Maybe cut the disintegration process in half and it'll be ok.

LOL, "THIS ART DOESN'T WORK FOR ME, CHANGE IT".

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Nail Rat posted:

But I did get a sweet turntable slipmat out of it.

I'll give you $25 shipped for it.

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

il_cornuto posted:

Not that it's surprising, but it's still kind of a shame that despite his relationship with Bowie, and championing bands like DEP, he's not finding new stuff to listen to. There's so much great stuff out there, hearing that he's fallen into relying on the old classics is a little disappointing.

DEP?

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

polyester concept posted:

My Add Violence LP came today and I dunno if they were just being nice or made a mistake but they threw in a free turntable slip mat.

All orders from nin.com store are supposed to include one (while supplies last). If you got it elsewhere, then you got a nice bonus.

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

If Trent ever wrote an autobiography and did the audiobook for it himself, I think I'd be the happiest person alive :swoon:

Will never happen.

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

the amusing thing to me about the 2008 tour was that Trent stopped the show in the middle and played stuff from Ghosts for an entire hour before getting the band back on, and that hour of Ghosts stuff got a lot more angry crowd assholes than even Deerhunter had done.

but man it was only $40 and it was super easy to get right in front of the stage, Trent even pointed at and sang at/with me on "Last" which was :swoon:

gently caress waiting 6 hours in line

How long did you wait outside the venue before the show to be on the guard rail up front?

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
My poo poo hasn't even shipped yet. Where can I hear the new EP?

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Sir Lemming posted:

Search your feelings. Well, search something.

I did it. My brain sucks lately.

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

olives black posted:

nah i just think it's funny that he has totally forgotten that he ripped off both the video and the song that put him on the map.

also I haven't listened to a kanye album since dark twisted fantasy

But neither of those links have anything to do with Head Like A Hole????

Also it's one thing for a nobody band like NIN was in the late 80s to steal and be inspired. But when Kanye claims to be the greatest artistic mind of our lifetime, hes held to a different standard.

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
If NIN is your favorite band, your favorite band sucks.

https://www.yfbspod.com/nine-inch-nails-sucks

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

sleepwalkers posted:

I was able to get main floor tickets for ~$80 less than I would've paid had I waited in line, so. Not really upset about that one.

Thanks for contributing nothing other than stroking your own cock.

I've got tickets for Atlanta, and was trying to avoid spoilers, but now im more psyched than ever.

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer
To whomever I was aggressive to, ignore it if you weren't being smarmy. My bad.

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Pirate Jet posted:

Still lolling that Trent played at the Grammys despite poo poo-talking the Grammys for years and then acted shocked that they didn’t actually care about his performance

To be fair, only dum-dums assume things never change. At least he gave them a chance to prove him wrong. The fact that they proved him right is no less valid though. And we got some TR vitriol out of it, which is always a treat.

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Vince MechMahon posted:

They didn't. They are literally selling the shirt she wears in stores. I bought one.

Hot Topic : Nine Inch Nails Inside Out Logo T-Shirt https://www.hottopic.com/product/nine-inch-nails-inside-out-logo-t-shirt/11872253.html

Somehow I trust their decade long art director more than you on this one. Compare the film still to the shirt pic at Hot Topic and it's not hard to see that they are slightly different.

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

magiccarpet posted:

The arg started with USB sticks on bathroom floors and ended with a concert in a basement that was broken up by future police

If I'm not mistaken, first piece of the ARG was font/letter weirdness on the back of a euro tour t-shirt. Which led to a phrase which led to a website.

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Anonymous John posted:

The physical world presale in my city had massive rain all day, so I'm super glad I could just buy them online later. :D

I got my tickets for free from one of the local promoters. Dropped them off at my house even.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Gonna be a pass from me Chief

Bye, Felecia.