Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Polluxx Troy
Mar 12, 2005

...authorities here are on alert...

PonchAxis posted:

I'm pissed I didn't win tickets for this. :( You already know a bunch of asshats who don't even live near here registered for this.

The show was fantastic, around 2/3 of the content was from HM, and they opened with All Time Low. Non-HM tracks were The Frail/The Wretched, Big Come Down, Sanctified, Hurt, Survivalism, and In This Twilight.

I was in the seats and was pretty bummed at the fan engagement...felt like it was a bunch of folks that were coming to hear Head Like a Hole and Closer and then bailed 45 min in when they realized it was post-2000 stuff.

However, Trent & team killed it for 90+ min and Lisa Fischer's solo during BCD was fantastic (she got a standing ovation at one point I think). He didn't say much, only that it was weird seeing himself play live on a stage (because of the lights) and that he never imagined being there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polluxx Troy
Mar 12, 2005

...authorities here are on alert...

BANME.sh posted:

Yup.

Neil Young was an embarrassment in the Sound City documentary, as well. Going on about how digital audio has been flawed from the ground up, and that the engineers who originally designed the analog to digital process made a mistake. He came off as an old man completely out of his element.

My favorite part of the Toblerone FLAC Player videos was when Neil took Eddie into some 1972 Buick DELTA88 or whatever with lovely cracked foam speakers and ran a a track off an iPad into the Pioneer head unit (through an analog cable no less) and Eddie comes out saying, "That really takes me back."

Since when did Neil Young become such an expert on sound quality? Certainly doesn't pass the sniff test with antics like that.