Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
HEALTH kicked rear end live, tiny loving venue (250 capacity) with no barrier, and John came off the stage at the end to say hello and pose for selfies/sign set lists. BJ also came to hang out so it had the vibe of seeing your town's local band playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
No idea, but it was an album launch show so they were only on stage for an hour with no encore. They did use the Neon Genesis Evangelion theme as their intro music though which got people dancing.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Apparently Welcome are a skateboard manufacturer??? Has Trent taken up a new hobby?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Yeah the collaboration with Welcome Skateboards is some skateboards and clothing.

Gotta listen to your big time
hard line
bad luck
kick flip

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Also:

quote:

They also have a show in development with Christopher Storer, the creator of The Bear, they said, and a film with the veteran horror director Mike Flanagan.

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
I've been seeing some good reviews of their score for Challengers as well...

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
There's also a GQ track breakdown video up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BqJNEV9QVE

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
From that video, apparently Luca Guadagnino got them on board for Challengers by sending them an email saying "it's SUPER SEXXXY".

Also:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Sony Music have released a snippet of music from the score, and oh my. I've also seen a clip from the red carpet premiere which featured another bit of the score which has Trent singing over techno music.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5oIGSfu7aO/?igsh=ZjZsOGJmaXNhbnRl

edit: I tried embedding the video but I guess that doesn't work for Instagram reels

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Hell yeah, this is exactly what I want from a NIN techno album. Looking forward to the full release as otherwise 30 minutes is rather short for a full soundtrack. Also, with the Mariqueen vocals it's the closest we're getting to a new HTDA release.

Carpet fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Apr 12, 2024

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
That's so cool. Never realised that's what that image was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Saw Challengers again in a theatre with better PQ and sound, and it's so good. Having listened to the remix album so much I kept on going "no don't stop the music there, it's just getting to the good bit!", especially in the final scenes where the music keeps cutting in and out, teasing us. I do think the remix album works better as a continuous bit of music so will probably be listening to that a lot more in future.

Anyway, I could see the people sat next to me starting to get into it and tapping their feet during the last 20 minutes.