Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

Jesus Christ on a loving cracker last night was awesome. I paid through the nose for those tickets but they were still worth every penny. It was said a million times in the other thread but if you have a chance to go, loving GO.

Also millionth-ing that there should be a Blu-Ray of this tour.

EDIT: The other important thing I need to mention here is that the two vocalists are absolutely the best thing to ever happen to NIN's live set. Serious chills during The Day the World Went Away.

Caseman fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Nov 1, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

In This Twilight you lucky dog. That song was my favorite part of LITS.

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

beepstreet posted:

That's an excellent live version. I like that way more then the studio one.

For anyone interested in NIN on vinyl, I'm selling my copy of The Fragile ITT:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3582444

Probably the only way to get this since I guess the re-issue is never happening.

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

Vampire Weekend won over NIN for best "Alternative." I didn't even know that was still a category, Alternative feels very late 90s.

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

This EP is everything I could have wanted from new NIN and more. Echoing the sentiment that it sounds very Fragile-era in a lot of ways, but it still manages to be very fresh. The beginning of The Idea of You really caught me off guard, but it's a great track.

I don't think anything will ever be as surprising as the loving saxaphone on Black Noise.

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Getting to see Black Noise live was so loving unreal and bone-chilling.

Yes, absofuckinglutely.

Speaking of, holy poo poo the songs on this album would be amazing live. She's Gone Away is such a magnificent wall of sound.
New tour please.

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

Pretty sure this was going to debut at #1 a week early but the digital distributor blew their load and released on Thursday. Would've been nice to knock loving Pentatonix off the top spot. Oh well

EDIT: Reworded

Caseman fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Dec 23, 2016

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

The REAL Goobusters posted:

dont think so fam

Look don't destroy my dream of a NIN #1 debut. We havn't had once since W_T. Nothing else came out this week either, would've been a perfect spot for it except people can't stop buying making GBS threads Christmas albums.

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

sleepwalkers posted:

Who cares if people enjoy Christmas albums? I don't give a flying gently caress about Pentatonix or Christmas music, but no point in running down people who do.
Also, charting has been rendered increasingly irrelevant in the intervening years as its become easier to hide in a rabbit hole of personal taste and "top 40" has become such a weird thing.

Yeah, you're right. Billboard is still big for the pop charts and charting is nice for little indie artists but the whole business isn't nearly what it was.

I also forgot Kid Cudi's gonna be on this week's releases.

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

il_cornuto posted:

The new EP is really good, the new tracks on Deviations are amazing. Was It Worth It? stood out on first listen, but it's all great, and I'm really happy to hear that unique Fragile percussion style again. Also the bass in White Mask.

Yeah I finally got my Fragile Deviations files today and holy cow. I guess The March had been released before but I'd never heard it until now, what an awesome track. Lots of cool stuff on this, really excited to get the vinyl.

EDIT: loving Claustrophobia Machine. Wow.

Caseman fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Dec 24, 2016

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

I put Year Zero in my car's CD player on the way back from New Year's and it's been in constant rotation ever since. There's going to be a lot of anti-Trump music coming out but it's kind of amazing how on-the-nose Year Zero is.

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

Hopefully Sandbag does a better job of fulfillment. The discount code not working isn't a great sign, though. I bought the $50 package without the discount because I'm a big sucker for Trent's merch.

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

According to a post on reddit, NIN is changing fulfillment companies AGAIN, going with Livenation moving forward. I have worked with all three of the companies that Trent has been doing his fulfillment through this year. Sandbag is pretty bad, but Livenation is probably worse. Someone needs to come up with a better way to shop for fulfillment companies. Although maybe this means he'll be doing ticket bundles for a tour next year!

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

Only on sale in person. So if they arn't playing near you, good luck.

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

I don't understand what the problem was with the way they did it during the Lights in the Sky tour. Print your name on the ticket, you show an ID and the names have to match. Tickets can't be scalped, because you can't get into the show unless you're the one that bought the tickets.

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

polyester concept posted:

Nobody actually checked your ID

They were in Orlando.

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

Leon Einstein posted:

What a weird title. It reminds me of how everybody freaked out about how dumb With Teeth sounded.

Artwork is going for that lovely copy machine low on toner aesthetic. Anyway, I hope these songs are all really epic and long since calling a 6 track release an album is not the norm.

I'm slightly peeved that he's still talking about vinyl like it's some holy experience to touch and smell and read the booklet when the Deviations release was done with little to no effort to make the vinyl release special.

The Deviations vinyl was the most disappointed I've been with anything NIN has done. Way too much money for nothing. That being said, I do want that messenger bag. I'll probably wind up giving Trent way too much money again.

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

sleepwalkers posted:

Ah, sorry, didn't realize Monday and Tuesday were Saturday now.

e: That's just a lovely joke, I'm not trying to be snide.

It's possible you're confused? The physical ticket presale is the 19th, which is a Saturday. Or the 20th for Red Rocks, which is a Sunday.

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

Trent is also 53 today. Happy Birthday, ya old fist gently caress.

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

Starfuckers is a stain on an otherwise perfect double album, that has to be the worst right?

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

Calling it now, Trent closes the last show of the tour with WITTN duet with Mariqueen, walks off stage, and never tours again.

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

This is a tremendously weird cross-promotion.

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

Said Fist gently caress got into the Hall of Fame.

About loving time.

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

W_T will always hold a special place in my heart, as it was the album that introduced me to the band and led me down this wild rabbit hole of Trent Reznor. Listening to it today, I think I like it even more than I did at release. Also it has the single greatest NIN lyric of all time.
https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/status/1389264650529742850
Get your head on a spring and listen to Awitha Teetha today!

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

Hot drat what a loving fantastic song.

Pretty good posted:

New song whips rear end, I've never heard of Health what should I listen to if I want more like this

I was introduced to HEALTH when they opened for NIN, and they were promoting Get Color back then, so that's the album I always think of first for them. Start there and move forward, imo.

Having never heard a single thing from the band, them walking out and dropping this stunning track on me made me a fan forever.

EDIT:

Tried to transcribe the lyrics but they're very hard to hear in a couple places.

TRENT
I've been watching drown(?)
I will light the match and burn it all down
You profit addicting seeping at yourselves (I legit have no idea what this lyric is)
All the little piggies cannot help themselves

CHORUS: J & T
just stop pretending
you feel the same
nothing matters
we're all to blame
we've all surrendered
to those we serve
we get the world
we all deserve

JAKE
you feed (think?) eternity again
you think we'll turn away
I wanna know your bit in this
death is real

you think we're turning into you
you think you got away
we wanna know your bit in this
where do we go

OUTRO J & T
Are you alone?
Isn't everyone?

Caseman fucked around with this message at 18:07 on May 6, 2021

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

Madkal posted:

Weird. I am checking now and it goes from The Slip to Bad Witch. Wonder if it's a Canadian thing.

Yay music licensing.

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

That last line says to me they'll have some festival dates this year but that's it.

EDIT: I love the presale code.

Caseman fucked around with this message at 15:23 on May 7, 2021

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/halsey/status/1409545433282584577

Well now I have all kinds of ideas for future versions of this.

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

I accidentally listened to this like 5 times today, really digging it. More Trent collabs, thanks.

But a new NIN first.

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

:siren:NIN AT RED ROCKS:siren:

I think this might be the thing that makes me drop a couple grand on a Colorado vacation

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

Happy Hippo posted:

Whoa, I just moved from Nashville to the suburbs so imagine my surprise when I saw my little town (Franklin) right there on the list of shows

I'm between Red Rocks and seeing the show in Franklin because I'm in Nashville that weekend for Jack White. Have you been to that venue?

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

Two hundred and fifty loving dollars for a ticket. gently caress me.

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

hatelull posted:

I'm so starved for a show, especially a show of his caliber that I would probably pay that in a heart beat. It was tempting as it is, but I knew that factoring in the cost of travel and lodging would sour me on the idea. I'll just remain bitter and deal with my FOMO.

I paid it because yeah, I'm also desperate to see a great concert again but it hurt like hell. List price for the first section of Red Rocks is $150 I wonder what those are going to actually sell for.

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

im in the waiting room for red rocks, inshallah i get a ticket

Goonspeed.

Which day?

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

Impossible to buy tickets with this slow rear end queue, by the time it finished it was sold out. hosed up cuz i was in there for hours too.

Truly sucks

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

Setlist so far is absolutely killer holy hell

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

Girl on the Discord went to a meet & greet before hand and passed out. Robin got her a chair and a snack and took care of her like a sweetheart.

I can't remember the last time I heard of nin doing M&Gs

Rageaholic posted:

That setlist :eyepop:

I really wish I could see them on this tour

Why choose between Reptile & Wretched when you can have BOTH?!

They have to be doing more dates later this year or next. There's just so few shows this tour.

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

Alessandro hanging out in the live chat channel on the Discord after the show, might be a thing worth joining, goons.

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

Hi nin thread, I had a pretty good Nashville show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

Rageaholic posted:

:swoon:

Was he cool?

Yeah he's an old pro, was very casual, genuine, attentive. Chatted about getting back into the swing of performing live again after so long off, some other stuff I can't remember, took some pictures, and it was over in about ten minutes. One of the most surreal and awesome experiences of my life. I got to say to him the only thing I've ever wanted to say "thank you for making some of the most important music of my life."