Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Sir Lemming posted:

Wow! The Today Show is also monitoring this thread!!

Today crew to Kathie Lee: Welcome Oblivion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Sir Lemming posted:

Yeah that's probably true.

Didn't he get arrested for stealing a bunch of stuff from a foreclosed house which he claimed he was planning on buying and renovating?

4 years ago. Had to pay restitution and 100 hours community service.

If you told anyone willing to listen that NIN, Billy Ray Cyrus and a rapper named Lil Nas X would have a collaboration that would top Billboard, you’d be asked how much :goshawk::catdrugs: you’ve taken but here we are.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
Trent is a question (with a picture) on tonight's Jeopardy involving American Gothic. The clue writers seemed to think Industrial=Goth

No one recogized him.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
Ok, I stand corrected. I'd assume Gothic Rock (the term used in the clue) meant rock that sounded like it came from the Victorian Era. Perhaps I described the clue poorly or I’m a bone headed moron (it’s the latter). I’m sorry.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
So if TNIN went away in 2001, who was the band that performed in Twin Peaks under that name 2 years ago?

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
The Nine Inch Nails 2020: The Manhattan Project on sale now!

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
SXSW was cancelled outright so even if they were willing, Austin was not.

Anyone want to guess their surprises assuming there were any?

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Pontificating rear end posted:

Two and a half hours long; how does one man even make so much music? I wish I had that kind of creative ethic.

Having a second man as your creative partner & five children to feed (one 2 months old) helps ramp up the volume of work produced.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
Too bad those 5 dates in Toronto were gone. Rogers Centre would've been electric...assuming that was the Venue TBA on the shirt

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Mierenneuker posted:

Wow, I didn’t expect Trent to ever contribute music to a Nike commercial!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-t8qPldklc

:v:

Guessed he released Just Do It after all

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I mean kanye west moved to Montana, bought a bunch of land, and is now developing weird dome housing and whatever the gently caress else he does lol

Wyoming actually

At this point, The two of them are basically full time film composers with NIN as a side project. Maybe that'll change when Covid ends but I wouldn't blame them if this is what they want in the future.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
Bad news, Mank didn't the Golden Globe for score

Good news, Soul did

https://www.goldenglobes.com/winners-nominees/best-original-score-motion-picture

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Rageaholic posted:

So Trent's now an EGOG?

They already had one for The Social Network. It might make for some interesting award placement with their Oscar

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Wild T posted:

You could take any shot of the film version of Cats and slap the text "I want to gently caress you like an animal" over it

This, however, is not a good thing

It likely needs the butthole cut or Rob to take shrooms again.

As for finishing the EGOT, they did talk about that in a interview. It's not something they're going after but not ruled out.

https://www.goldderby.com/feature/trent-reznor-atticus-ross-soul-mank-composers-video-interview-transcript-1204049774/

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Asteroid Alert posted:

Academy Awards Nomination for Best Score: Mank and Soul. Hope they get their second one.

It seems to be a lock for Soul at least

Question: The award is called Music (Original Score) on the Oscar website. Atticus and Trent are listed in the film as having composed it. Why is Jon Bapiste nominated?
His contributions are essential and likely the reason they'll win but given how anal the Academy can be with score (Godfather anyone?), he doesn't technically fit. If anything, he should've been counted as a co-composer of the score.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
Broadway had a NIN cameo at least as Hurt was in Ring of Fire

Since Fight Club is likely out and American Psycho had a musical, what could be adapted with a original score by Reznor & Ross or does it need to be a original work?

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
Trent & Atticus (&Jon) received another award, this time from... The NAACP?!

https://deadline.com/2021/03/2021-naacp-image-awards-winners-list-1234719617/
(March 25th winners)

Black as your Soul - approved

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

a mysterious cloak posted:

Great, now I'm hoping Trent has a small archive of jingles he's rewritten just for fun, for like Tucks medicated pads, or stool softeners or something

He just wants the CONGECT (Clio, Oscar, NAACP Image, Grammy, Emmy, CMA, Tony)

The acronym needs some work

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
Soul keeps dominating the award circuit. Reznor, Ross and Batiste adds the BAFTA to their list

https://www.bafta.org/film/awards/2021-nominations-winners#soul---original-score

For the record, it’s their first award there as The Social Network wasn’t nominated and lost TGWTDT to The Artist

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Pontificating rear end posted:

We glossed over this before, but TR+AR have 2/5 slots in the Oscars' "best original score" category:

crazy

Here's another, Bernard Hermann was nominated twice in 1941 for Best Score of a Dramatic or Comedy Picture. He lost for Citizen Kane but won for The Devil and Daniel Webster. It was his only Oscar

Unlike this year, this was out of TWENTY nominees and that doesn’t include the additional TEN for Best Scoring of a Musical (Dumbo won that one)

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
For what it's worth, ixi music was noted by YouTube today as a artist on the rise (at least for me)so somone was paying attention.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
More industry awards for Soul:

Annie Award for Best Music - Feature

https://deadline.com/2021/04/annie-awards-2021-winners-list-livestream-animation-1234734559/

Cinema Audio Society Award for Motion Picture - Animated. Noteworthy since Atticus (& 6 other people) gets it for being a scoring mixer but NOT Trent or Jon

https://deadline.com/2021/04/cinema-audio-society-awards-winners-sound-mixing-cas-1234732941/

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Mierenneuker posted:

A new album? Dammit Trent, that award-winning musical isn’t writing itself!

Given they like owe Disney a album after Hesitation Marks was on Columbia, let's see what Disney is developing for Broadway...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney_Theatrical_Productions#Upcoming_productions_2

Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland or Father of the Bride apparently

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

IUG posted:

Is this going to be part of a Health album? Or should I pay Bezos Bucks to buy the track on Amazon?

The latter but why give Jeff money when you can buy it elsewhere like here:

https://youwillloveeachother.bandcamp.com/track/isnt-everyone

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
Seems weird to have Trent & Atticus produce an album about pregnancy. Obviously the fact she's promoting the hell about of them doing it (which is rare enough for producers) is meant to set a tone but unless she's birthing Damien, it seems off.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
Outside of a day of Youtube promoting her, how many people know her work? Outside the (checks her channel) 30,000 people I mean. Good for her but I doubt that'll get Trent and Atticus interested right now.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
It's weirder than that. They tied with the soundtrack for The Queen's Gambit.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Caseman posted:

Don't let this be you, catch this tour if you can. Third time seeing HEALTH and they're better than ever. Rest of the bill is pretty killer too.

drat, they're in NY tonight but I'm being forced to go to a Queen tribute concert

I need to find people whose musical tastes are in the 21st century.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Rageaholic posted:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CpdYMWsjvrS/?fbclid=IwAR0um0fqPBK7ndc9ITOEn_WoLivdCiIP07L9iskKPoaiEzyKNXaDcc3d0xM

This would be pretty awesome to hear at a wedding. I've been to a wedding where string quartet versions of Radiohead songs were played and that ruled, but I've yet to go a wedding where NIN is played.

Does Old Town Road count?

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
Given Wish was covered by Hawk himself, it seems odd that only one NIN song appears in the Pro Skater series (Getting Smaller in Project 8) but then again a NIN soundtrack for a TMNT movie produced by Seth Rogen sounds out of Mad Libs by comparison.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
The weird part was NIN being in only one late era THPS game when the man himself covered Wish.

Trent has 5 young kids, of course he's going end up watching a bunch of children's media. He and Atticus have won Oscars, Grammys, A Emmy, A CMA award, A NAACP award and induction to the RRHOF. They have nothing (pun intended) they need to prove so they want to spend their time tuning up Generation Alpha to their work so that the past corpus can be found in a decade by future teenagers, more power to them.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
Of course they would get a explicit lyrics label for a PG film.

According to IMDB, Seth Rogen compared the soundtrack to Tony Hawk Pro Skater. He does know NIN was only in Project 8 in the series right?

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
Between War, Genocide and non-stop diabetes commercials, critics are trying to sort thru tea leaves to declare soothsayers. Some of them decide to interview people who got covered by them:

The New York Times posted:

“I think they’re highly underrated in terms of the zeitgeist,” Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails said in a phone interview. “Devo challenged the idea of what a rock band could be. It felt like rock was mutating. It made me realize, ‘Oh, there aren’t any rules. You know, you can do anything.’”

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/10/12/arts/music/devo-mothersbaugh-casale.html?smid=nytcore-ios-share&referringSource=articleShare

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
Kojima really wants a Oscar, doesn't he?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Robert Facepalmer posted:

No stage show? Gonna be hard to get that EGOT at this point, unless the are cool with a EGOCMA

Hurt was in Ring of Fire (Cash jukebox musical) so Trent has a credit on Broadway. I think the Image award from the NAACP is a weirder claim. They might be the only duo with that twofer unless the CMA acknowledge Cowboy Carter.