Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Turning my collection into a few hundred bucks tonight. Probably less than it's "worth" but I don't want to go to the hassle of parting everything out and 3 C-Bills in my pocket gonna do more for me than a bunch of plastic spaceships in my closet.

It's over.

It's finally over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Otisburg posted:

Turning my collection into a few hundred bucks tonight. Probably less than it's "worth" but I don't want to go to the hassle of parting everything out and 3 C-Bills in my pocket gonna do more for me than a bunch of plastic spaceships in my closet.

It's over.

It's finally over.

Well, so you thought.

Mantle
May 15, 2004

Anyone got a reliant and movieprise they want to dump to a goon who wants to play casually?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Otisburg posted:

It's over.

It's finally over.
This is like the ending of a cheesy b-movie horror film where the protags think it's all over, when suddenly you see a clue that the monster is still alive.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

This thread remains open so we can mock this sad dying game further.

from the most recent preview:

This is either a misprint, incredibly badly worded, or taken at face value interacts with a basic rule in such a way that it does literally nothing.

GG WK

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Otisburg posted:

This is either a misprint, incredibly badly worded, or taken at face value interacts with a basic rule in such a way that it does literally nothing.

GG WK

Haha.

What's the name of that cool new Star Trek game coming out?

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Haha.

What's the name of that cool new Star Trek game coming out?

You mean Mage Knight?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Kai Tave posted:

You mean Mage Knight?

No, there's like a legit Star Trek game coming out, with diplomacy and science and poo poo.

http://www.startrek.com/article/klingons-romulans-ufp-at-heart-of-ascendancy

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Huh, a 4x star trucks, not by WK? Gaurdedly intrigued. Wasn't my cup of tea but GF9 did a good job making a decent and thematic Firefly game.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Otisburg posted:

Huh, a 4x star trucks, not by WK? Gaurdedly intrigued. Wasn't my cup of tea but GF9 did a good job making a decent and thematic Firefly game.

If by "decent and thematic" you mean "a drawn-out interminable slog full of hoping the RNG doesn't gently caress you and praying for an early death" then yes.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Kai Tave posted:

If by "decent and thematic" you mean "a drawn-out interminable slog full of hoping the RNG doesn't gently caress you and praying for an early death" then yes.

Since it wasn't my cup of tea I just played the one game. Perhaps it was an outlier as no one seemed overly ameritrashed.

E: also to be fair the show was pretty much all of that, and would have bee na interminable slog if it had gone past 2-3 seasons almost certainly, so that's thematic too. :v:

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Otisburg posted:

Since it wasn't my cup of tea I just played the one game. Perhaps it was an outlier as no one seemed overly ameritrashed.

Several people at my local board game meetup at the ol' FLGS played it for a bit and I don't think I ever heard tell of a game that lasted less than four hours. I mean, I love certain games that take a while, Argent: the Consortium can take like three hours with a full table, but Firefly: the Game just isn't anywhere near worth that amount of time imo. I'm just saying, I'd wait and see about this Trek game, maybe play a game or two with someone else's copy first, just so you don't wind up getting Wizkids'd.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Guess I'm gonna have to make my own Trek game.

*rolls up sleeves*

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Look, it might be good, I'm just saying don't get your hopes up. Learn the lesson that Attack Wing has taught you, that there's no such thing as joy or beauty in the world and only death is certain.

ExtraNoise
Apr 11, 2007

Otisburg posted:

GG WK

Despite the poor wording, its the art I think I hate the most. Is that placeholder art or are they going with "1999 desktop icon on a black background" look for future expansions?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Where's the best place to dump my collection? Miniature Market doesn't want it.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
A trash can.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Where's the best place to dump my collection?

There's a facebook trade group if you're trying to avoid Feebay, or the Boardgamegeek community might be worth a shot. I unloaded mine in the local facebook group.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Miniature Market doesn't want it.

lol

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Where's the best place to dump my collection? Miniature Market doesn't want it.

I mailed mine to Otisburg.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Really?

I never got them, believe it or not.

This is probably for the best for all concerned.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Everybody mail your STAW collections to Otisburg, it's the hot new thread meme.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Otisburg posted:

Really?

I never got them, believe it or not.

This is probably for the best for all concerned.

Yeah. Late last night.

Enjoy.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Yeah. Late last night.

Enjoy.

Adrian Veidt'd me.

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Apr 20, 2016

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Just imagine how excited you're going to be to hear a knock at your door and there's the postman with a package for you. Just full of, like

lovely plastic spaceships for a bad game.

These are your sins now, the note inside reads.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

The explorer, while approaching the half-buried, crumbling complex, stumbles as his foot hits something in the sand. Recovering himself, he bends down to pick up the object and brushes away the sand, revealing the words hidden beneath. Although the writing has chipped away, one can still make it out: "We are Wizkids, makers of games! Look on our games, ye mighty, and despair!"

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Update: Jonas sent it to an old address that is no longer fowarding, and as far as I know still occupied by an ex I no longer speak to. I doubt she will go out of her way to re-establish contact to give it to me, and think the most likely outcome is she'll RTS it. I do hope we get an update if this is the case.

Hoisted by his own Picard.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

To me, that just makes it funnier.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Jonas Albrecht posted:

To me, that just makes it funnier.

It's 50/50 either going to make it way more unpleasant for me when I have to deal with her to get a white elephant prank gift, or boomerang it back to you. Either outcome is funny.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

I will take any and all Borg ships. I just ain't paying for them.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
Last time I was in FFG Game Center (several months ago) they still had a Borg Cube "game piece". It was so baffling I had to take pictures of it for posterity.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Wrong thread

Tekopo fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Apr 20, 2016

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Also, I was kind of interested in that 4x board game until I realized they are treating it like modern video games and parting out the different factions as separate expansions. So, Twilight Imperium or Eclipse that each come with several factions a piece? Nah, gotta pony up the extra dough if you want more than 3 players. lol gently caress off

Firefly board game has mad expansions so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

e: ^^ wrong thread?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Wow I'm bad at posting.

Tekopo fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Apr 20, 2016

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Finster Dexter posted:

Last time I was in FFG Game Center (several months ago) they still had a Borg Cube "game piece". It was so baffling I had to take pictures of it for posterity.

I can confirm that the Borg cube is still there. It will be there for the foreseeable future.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

The Lord of Hats posted:

I can confirm that the Borg cube is still there. It will be there for the foreseeable future.

I'm confused, do you guys mean WizKids?

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

No, FFG has an honest-to-god FLGS in St. Paul, MN. I stop in there whenever I'm in the area. Last time I was there, they had a moderate amount of STAW stuff stocked on the shelf.

tomdidiot
Apr 23, 2014

Stupid Grognard
It's actually a really cool store. I'd heartily recommend it as an FLGS. The only problem is FFG has an obsession with using that said store to host its World Championships and the like, when it's clearly far too loving small.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
I assumed they just rented space or something, didn't realize they crammed it into their store lol

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Otisburg posted:

GG WK

Update: The intended function of this card was to let you remove an aux after a white maneuver, but not take an action that turn. Sort of like a lovely Chekov/Kanan Jarus.

http://win.wizkids.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=10668&sid=0a7e0e8cb3894263c4ea196a3fb17490

Pretty sure they're just on autopilot having some intern or markov bot making rules text without an understanding of how the rules works as they try to milk this game for the last few buxx in its twilight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Otisburg posted:

Update: The intended function of this card was to let you remove an aux after a white maneuver, but not take an action that turn. Sort of like a lovely Chekov/Kanan Jarus.

http://win.wizkids.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=10668&sid=0a7e0e8cb3894263c4ea196a3fb17490

Pretty sure they're just on autopilot having some intern or markov bot making rules text without an understanding of how the rules works as they try to milk this game for the last few buxx in its twilight.

:psyduck:

Thats not even loving close to what the card says

• Locked thread