Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

A friend told me about Dark Age and I bought like 3 packs and only got lovely people and a logging mech. That's when I quit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Otisburg posted:

You are smart.

haha, you spoke too soon. That's when I got into 40k

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

zVxTeflon posted:

Its ok Chill youre safe in the Wangs support group now. We've all made mistakes here brother.

Yeah I'm putting my creative effort into instead now; at least they don't actively try to screw us over. Speaking of which, I've finished the line art for the space garbage truck. I'll start painting it. Haven't had anything else to do with the snow and all.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Otisburg posted:

Honorable mention probably goes to not being able to turn completely away from the chase/collectible sales model, which to one degree or another fed into (1). I used to think that having exclusive ships and upgrades as prizes was a "bigger" draw than X-Wing "merely" having swaggier versions of retail-available stuff, but now that I'm actually playing X-Wing, I'm probably chasing that Disco Vader just as hard as a USS Sutherland or whatever. And that ties into (3).

WOTC has shown for more than a decade that we nerds love our AA versions of cards. The one-upsmanship is there and they even get to sell you both the retail version and exclusive version!

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Tekopo posted:

That's just part of the immersion factor of STAW, they want you and your opponent to :technobabble: your way into shaping the rules in a way that is favourable to you. They think of everything. Also the confusion that you feel when reading the rules is the confusion that the characters in Star Trek feel when they find something weird and alien.

I like that. It's art. It's thematic in the same way as Arkham horror. Sadly, it doesn't translate well for board gamers where we have trouble pantomiming clues for party games, much less full blown method acting.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I thought that was some dumb ship that was made a couple years ago, giving them the benefit of the doubt. But nope, that was a December preview for a new ship. :peanut:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I think the models looking like poop makes it easier to stay away from the game. Even though I enjoy painting my models, I wouldn't have been drawn to X-wing in the first place if the ships came in the package as badly painted as the star trek ones. At least X-wing allows you to play them on the tabletop and have them look good before you put a brush to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Is that thing larger or smaller than an A-wing? :3:

• Locked thread