Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Moriatti posted:

Is it possible to grab the Sutherland or something? It's be neat to have the Ent D crew command separate ships too.

I was looking into it, and it seems like if I save some iconic ships on faction only list, it may be good for occasionally mixing into X-Wang with my buddies. I'll just be choosey.

I've got a Sutherland if you're interested. Toss me a PM. I've got prizes from the whole dominion war until I got tired of the game not being on the same level of xwing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
I really wish SWAT had some semblance of sanity insofar as balance. It'd be fun to throw Wangs vs. Prises.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Atlas Hugged posted:

I still wish Crimson Skies had taken off. I rather liked those flight path rules. And the idea of a separate pilot vs. pilot adventure game running alongside the dogfights was pretty cool.

What was the flight path rules for it? I thought it was a clix thing.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
I think the real lasting shame is that since the models are so junky there isn't even lasting shelf appeal to them.

XWing, even if every copy of the rules went up in flame tomorrow has gorgeous models.

Are they ending DnD attack wing as well?

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
I honestly don't understand WizKids. The cost of actually making a balanced system can't be that much greater than an unbalanced system.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Eh, flight path is fine, it simply couldn't be a carbon copy of Wangs. A lot of 3 and 4 turns, firing arcs on the sides. The default could have been x-wing large bases (knife Fighters like defiant being small based), but that would have cost money.

The base difference, that of each ship being crew heavy, gave a good point of differentiation. But the rest? Garbage.

Also, additional playtesting time means more time between products, yes. But it also means lower production costs, higher player retention, etc, etc. WizKids is feeling a lot like late 90s AEG with their stupid levels of churn. Which didn't work for AEG releasing a different game every couple of months and certainly won't work now.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Tekopo posted:

I would have preferred the directional shields/shield repair, more tactical feel of Armada for a Star Trek game. Having to reinforce certain shields sectors feels very treky to me (mostly because I was a fan of Starfleet Command). As well as that, the different coloured attack dice for Armada fit well with the variety of different weapon types that Star Trek have, what with disruptors, phasers and photon torpedoes, which all could be represented by different dice, much like in Armada you have red for turbolasers, blue for ion cannons and black for ordnance. It would fit so well and even considering that, I still wouldn't want Wizkids to make an Armada-like game.

Yeah. Not saying armada wouldn't be better, but flight path certainly should have been able to work. If only WizKids wasn't comically inept.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
You could take the Flight path engine and make a rules compendium that is remotely balanced. Not familiar with SFB but it shouldn't be impossible.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Yeah, got one of those as well. Reminds me of Facebook when I pared it down to 8ish people before deleting it. Desperate.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Wave 21 holy balls.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

The Lord of Hats posted:

I can confirm that the Borg cube is still there. It will be there for the foreseeable future.

I'm confused, do you guys mean WizKids?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Finster Dexter posted:

They can't cancel it yet, can they? Not with a new Trek series literally right around the corner.

Depends if they have rights to NeoTrek.

• Locked thread