Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Otisburg posted:

Even if I wanted to, there's so many "getting out of the game, selling my collection" posts that I'd get like 10% of what I spent on this mess. I'd rather just keep it and ride out the twilight here and occasionally break it out for casual play after it dies at that price.

Plus I also am playing 3 Warmahordes factions.

:homebrew:

Wanna go halfsies on a starter? I can't afford to get into Armada either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Otisburg posted:

No, I want to play FROSTGRAVE

FROSTGRAVE is best.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Otisburg posted:

I now realize that my life aboard the STAW was a waste. My quest to become an event organizer for a bad wizkids game; misguided. An evolutionary step in the wrong direction .... I am not your puppet anymore!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Oy6DwHAi70

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

What an amazing turn of events! Tell me, Otisburg, which one of your brilliant, handsome irl friends predicted this situation years ago? I bet they're experiencing the polar opposite of bij right about now.

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Jan 22, 2016

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The exact same thing happened to Malifaux. When 2e finally rolled around to fix the problem, the old guard threw a giant babby fit about it, too.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Flight Path was never a good fit for Star Trek anyway. Trek's rare battles were never dogfights. Even if FFG snapped up the Trek license and set out to make STAW, it would still be a poor Trek game.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I mean, Marvel at the very least must want the miniatures license back, right?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

double nm

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

You didn't break up with WizKids before moving on to your new squeeze? What the hell man!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Tekopo posted:

So in those situations, why wouldn't you take the special ship? What's the point of having the smaller ship at all?

The smaller ships are non unique, for the times when you might want to fly multiple versions of ships such as

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Otisburg posted:

Now that I am finally done with this garbage, they actually come out with an organized play arc based on the Best Treks.

Just show up with your X-Wangs.

And get crushed.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

zVxTeflon posted:

(best movie)

Correct.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Otisburg posted:

Fish out of water comedy Trek great Trek.

The Voyage Home was my very first exposure to Trek in any form, if you can believe that. I thought that Bird of Prey was just their ship.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

No bonus scenario where you try and create a closed-loop paradox?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Otisburg posted:

gently caress I need to get off my rear end, get my stuff sorted out and close the deal on this lot sale.

Yeah. Don't sell those pumpkin futures after October.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Lichtenstein posted:

http://www.antreduwookie.fr/2016/03/cycle-endor-force-pack-4-swjce-review.html

So Be It has

1) Even more Caravan of Courage canon
2) Rebel Mission that plain kills an objective of choice. :catstare:

Before you poo poo yourselves, it has 10 hp, so it's like an on-demand Guarding the Wing. Which is super cool imo, as it's effectively a trench run in a decent set that's still useful if you draw it few turns into the game.

This looks like a fun game. What's it doing here?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Otisburg posted:

Turning my collection into a few hundred bucks tonight. Probably less than it's "worth" but I don't want to go to the hassle of parting everything out and 3 C-Bills in my pocket gonna do more for me than a bunch of plastic spaceships in my closet.

It's over.

It's finally over.

Well, so you thought.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Otisburg posted:

This thread remains open so we can mock this sad dying game further.

from the most recent preview:

This is either a misprint, incredibly badly worded, or taken at face value interacts with a basic rule in such a way that it does literally nothing.

GG WK

Haha.

What's the name of that cool new Star Trek game coming out?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Kai Tave posted:

You mean Mage Knight?

No, there's like a legit Star Trek game coming out, with diplomacy and science and poo poo.

http://www.startrek.com/article/klingons-romulans-ufp-at-heart-of-ascendancy

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Guess I'm gonna have to make my own Trek game.

*rolls up sleeves*

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Where's the best place to dump my collection? Miniature Market doesn't want it.

I mailed mine to Otisburg.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Otisburg posted:

Really?

I never got them, believe it or not.

This is probably for the best for all concerned.

Yeah. Late last night.

Enjoy.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

To me, that just makes it funnier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

What, not even new cards?

• Locked thread