Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
Your fleet is hit by a graviton surge and is pulled through a funnel into the void, a region of space that is devoid of stars and planets. This anomaly is a closed structure encased by an inert layer of subspace. The outer circumference is approximately 9 light years and matter and energy cannot penetrate it. In addition, your ships are being drained of energy at 10 times the normal rate. Suddenly, you find yourself attacked by other ships that are trapped in the void and your food and technological resources are being stolen by the attacking ships. All new arrivals always try to escape the void, but nothing seems to be able to breach it. And so, they all turn into thieves and killers. Welcome to the void.

The Star Trek: Attack Wing – The Void OP Kit includes everything a store needs to run an event supporting 10 players including:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

I wonder what effect (if any) this news will have on STAW.

http://wizkids.com/blog/2016/02/03/zev-shlasinger-joins-wizkids-to-head-new-board-game-unit/

Finster Dexter fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Feb 10, 2016

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Otisburg posted:

6 people attended the STAW regionals in NYC.

:gowron:

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Last time I was in FFG Game Center (several months ago) they still had a Borg Cube "game piece". It was so baffling I had to take pictures of it for posterity.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Also, I was kind of interested in that 4x board game until I realized they are treating it like modern video games and parting out the different factions as separate expansions. So, Twilight Imperium or Eclipse that each come with several factions a piece? Nah, gotta pony up the extra dough if you want more than 3 players. lol gently caress off

Firefly board game has mad expansions so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

e: ^^ wrong thread?

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

No, FFG has an honest-to-god FLGS in St. Paul, MN. I stop in there whenever I'm in the area. Last time I was there, they had a moderate amount of STAW stuff stocked on the shelf.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

lol There's almost an entire paragraph missing.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Way to stay strong. Also, lol at a card that let's me disable all of someone's upgrades.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Wait, wasn't Torg the guy that boarded the Enterprise just in time for it to blow up?

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Chill la Chill posted:

I think the models looking like poop makes it easier to stay away from the game. Even though I enjoy painting my models, I wouldn't have been drawn to X-wing in the first place if the ships came in the package as badly painted as the star trek ones. At least X-wing allows you to play them on the tabletop and have them look good before you put a brush to it.

Absolutely. A big reason I got sucked into X-wing is because of the model quality. All my beautiful plastic spaceships...

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Well, since the only thing different is the new mini, I'm sure they'll highlight that on their marketing post...

http://www.startrek.com/article/attack-wing-wave-24-u-s-s-enterprise-repaint-preview

hahaha nope

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

They can't cancel it yet, can they? Not with a new Trek series literally right around the corner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Kilo147 posted:

Nah, I've got a way around that. They get to measure to the base, I have to measure from edge of the ID token. It's worked so far, and if anyone has problems, I've got a set of regular basis just in case.

None of that makes sense. Measuring to the id card doesn't somehow magically equate to measuring to a legal base. It doesn't matter where you measure from, they aren't remotely legal.

Just get the FFG X-wing bases.

• Locked thread