Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mantle
May 15, 2004

Hey guys I just bought this for casual play after eyeing it for years. But now the expansion ships I wanted are literally double the price of before. What gives?

I just want to roleplay the climaxes of st2 and st6 so I just need a reliant and enterprise and Changs bop, excelsior, and enterprise refit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantle
May 15, 2004

Moriatti posted:

I envy you who lives somewhere that you can bring up a mins war game for casual play.

Lol it's a Star Trek game! That's what I told my friends.

Mantle
May 15, 2004

I think it makes a difference that my friends are coming as Star Trek fans first, rather than miniature wargaming fans. Heck one of them has the VHS game so I can actually experience Bij. The other one just bought the Defiant first without even knowing it was part of a game just cause he wanted the model.

Mantle
May 15, 2004

My first time hosting Bij I would rate as a 7/10. It started off well where my friend brought his Defiant and Neghvar and I introduced the game adding the Enterprise and Vorcha using the simple rules on my 3x3 table. Action was fast and lots of dice rolling was had.

Then my other friend arrived and we decided to just play the starter pack on my 4x3 table using full rules. With 3 ships on that size surface and two of them with cloak, there was a lot of dice rolling against 5 or 6 evade dice or against 3 evade tokens on the Enterprise courtesy of Data. It was 3 hours before one ship was destroyed with a lot of turns where no one could attack anyone else.

How can I make the game more fast paced? Smaller play area is one but how about adding more obstacles to hinder movement?

Mantle
May 15, 2004

This is my first miniatures game. Do these games really need the competitive scene to thrive in order to survive or can they be supported by casuals?

Mantle
May 15, 2004

Someone sell me their undiscovered country and wrath of Khan ships for cheap?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantle
May 15, 2004

Anyone got a reliant and movieprise they want to dump to a goon who wants to play casually?

• Locked thread