Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Doji Suave
Dec 31, 2004

Picked this up at Gencon and have been playing with a local group since. I need to really get to the game shop and pick up the more recent batch of ships.

I played through the first OP and did well with two Miranda Class ships and the Enterprise-D, just out turning everyone and abusing the 180 degree firing arc and the D's 360 Secondary. Threw Khan in the Reliant, Denatra in the Ent-D, and Clark Terrel in the nameless Miranda. Ended up coming in second out of twelve which meant I was unable to get a ship (either first or last place noooo :negative: )but the Elite die was worth it.

Was unable to make it to the second OP but I guess some guy rolled in with some 6-8+ attack die a firing round build that wiped the floor of the competition.

Going to the 3rd OP tonight which I don't care about the ship for so going to toss a gimmick build together of two Apnex ships and the Reliant so I can stack Muon Wave tokens on a single ship and then run circles around it while it tries to shake the tokens. Just gotta pray the Apnex ships can stay together to get the wave off.

Dr. Doji Suave fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Nov 2, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Doji Suave
Dec 31, 2004

Yeah the Sutherland is the ship I am really gunning for right now, I plan on trying to take that Saturday off so I can guarantee make it to the OP event.

I think the idea of the 'Redshirt Award' is neat, but I also think they need to have an incentive for second place in an OP other than 'well, think of the Fleet Points!'. Everyone at our store has been playing pretty hard which helps take the sting out of it, but it is still a bit of a run down knowing you either gotta come out swinging or hope you don't look like you are taking a nose dive for last place.

I want the colored bases so bad, I am thinking of hitting up multiple OPs in the area over the next month so I can get several sets.

Dr. Doji Suave
Dec 31, 2004

I think the cost is 30 bucks.

Dr. Doji Suave
Dec 31, 2004

Looks like the place I am playing at is going to go to Faction Specific OPs starting next OP. 'Neutral' stuff can be taken still by anyone, as well as Ferengi stuff for the 2 point penalty. Anyone have any experience with this in an OP environment? I am on the fence about it since I feel it could make certain factions way more favorable than others. :(

Dr. Doji Suave
Dec 31, 2004

I stopped playing a while back in the OPs due to night shift hours but I know the local scene since OP1 has been ship pure and it is still going strong. They took a bit of a hit with this recent set of blind ship OPs but that is because the cost went from 5 bucks to 20 due to the ship.

I do know a few people both online and in person who have been turned off by the game due to the Borg.

Hopefully I can get caught up on ships here after Christmas. Last ships I bought was the Excelsior and the Defiant.

• Locked thread