Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie
I always enjoyed hero siege maps, at least until they got stupid with the unlimited stat tomes and poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

sirtommygunn posted:

I'm playing through the campaigns again and I'm beginning to wonder why I loved it so much when nearly every mission makes me go "this was the worst mission". Then again I've only gotten to the undead final mission so that's probably just a result of the undead campaign being generally garbage.

I enjoyed the RoC campaign, but I think The Frozen Throne campaign was a huge step up.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

Eregos posted:

Funny you should mention that. Just today I found a project that transforms the singleplayer campaigns into 2 player coop (well, some of them at least.) Looking forward to trying it out, but the modder also added Insane difficulty. And here I thought I'd seen everything there was to see in the singleplayer.

The mod can be found here

drat, that sounds awesome.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

Milo and POTUS posted:

HotS was the DotA clone right? Did they shut it down or something? I couldn't imagine having blizz resources and shutting poo poo down. It just seems designed to piss people off

The game still exists and is playable, but they killed the pro league (right before Christmas) and dramatically reduced the dev team. It's basically in maintenance mode.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

Pararoid posted:

I know there are a host of ways you could measure this, but, accounting for the price asked, could this be the worst PC release in history?

It's certainly not the worst game ever made, but I can't think of any other remakes or remasters that damaged a previously great game so much. Doing nothing would have been far, far better than Reforged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

Milo and POTUS posted:

I feel bad for criticizing the rank and file developers for having produced it given what's been coming out in the last few days it's a miracle they managed to produce anything at all. It's hard to imagine but EA is looking the better company by a country mile at this point.

The C&C remaster was certainly a lot better than Reforged.