Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

SC2 really lacks decent models for anything, WC3 must have like four times the amount.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

His commentary is pretty good. Even though it takes a long time by all his pausing when explaining.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Gives a whole new meaning to the green party.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Synastren posted:

Check out Cenarius and Illidan. :v:
Did... did Illidan get an emo teardrop on his ridiculous weapon? It's kinda fitting somehow.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Doubtful. They probably just thought that people were being whiny for no reason, again, and decided to never touch the maps again. :(

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

This is an easy way, but it only changes the default blademaster and doesn't create a new hero.

You have to open up a map first, if you don't have one ready just pick one of the premade ones and save it as a new name (be sure to change the description too for ease of finding, it's the first option under the Scenario tab). Open the object editor (f6) and locate the blademaster. In the field to the right you'll have a ton of crap, pick the second from the top which says Abilities - Hero. Double click to edit. Then you simply select the abilities you wish to exchange and press the Edit Hero Ability button and pick your choice in the list. You can just delete them and add new ones but it's easier to just change them. There's nothing stopping you from picking several ultimates or more than three regular ones but you'll still only have 10 levels with the usual restrictions and the ability buttons can get a bit crowded and some may even be missing if you pick too many.

Drunken Brawler does not stack with Critical Strike or Evasion though, just a heads up.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Zoness posted:

Couldn't you build Nerubian towers on King Arthas or am I misremembering that?
No, only units. A very limited selection and there are three bases to cover with different units at each.

Poil fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jan 11, 2016

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Zoness posted:

But sylvanas's side had the banshees that you could use to mind control all the powerful human units with right? Kel'thuzad had necros that could cripple anything threatening and Arthas just had a ghoul/abom wall?

I definitely remember some absurd gimmick in that mission at least
Yes that's is true. Still a bit annoying at times however. Sending swarms of skeletons at the villages after killing a caravan was pretty fun.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Did you also only focus on one part at the time because doing anything else is too difficult and leads to leaks everywhere? :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

In theory the pitlord should be pretty good for 4v4 given how many units get affected by howl and rain of fire might not be the best aoe spell but it does keep him away from the front melee while still contributing. Unfortunately he keeps dying, but it might be because how bad I am at the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYQ3921AP_Q

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Yeah I usually play almost every day and it's full of people who somehow manage to be worse at the game than me.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Milky Moor posted:

i wish e sports would move away from handles just in general imo
You don't wish regular sports takes up the habit instead? For example half a football team showing up with their totally l33t footballing names. :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I hate the hex+blademaster combo. Poof your hero is now super slow and can't use any spells or abilities and now there's a superhigh dps hero who ran invisible through everything and is now going crit, crit, crit, crit aaaand your hero is dead lol. :rant:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

schmitty9800 posted:

Hex is so good, I don't think any other disable lasts that long (except sleep which you can just attack out of). If Blizzard was still patching this game they should have given better ways to get dispel early for all races. Some games I watch hinge on who gets that troll priest and/or who's able to kill it off.

On its own it's not too broken, but with the blademaster combo it just breaks everything. Reducing duration on heroes to more like a stun would do wonders, since it basically is a stun.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I meant reduced to the same level as stormbolt or warstomp (uhhh!).

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

He spends a lot of time complaining that the maps are poo poo and how the intended difficulty goes out the window with War3 AI which actually switch targets in fights and won't just suicide charge all their units into your prepared line if you poke their base.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

No real nerfs to the blademaster or demon hunter? Not doing anything against hex? :sigh:

Good to see the pit lord was already so strong he didn't need any buffs. :smug:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Shibawanko posted:

I used to love RTS but ever since it became all about measuring yourself against some impossible bespectacled Korean standard of incredibly twitchy play i completely lost interest. RTS is supposed to be a chill genre that you can play and feel good about yourself, it's lost that long ago. I want to play against a goofy AI opponent that I can set elaborate traps for, not an insane human being.
Coop against goofy AI opponents is usually fun. Unless the AI is more braindead than the average mouthbreather in 4v4 rt.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

1stGear posted:

The biggest thing that concerned me was the in-game cinematics. In the original, Arthas disbanding the SIlver Hand was framed with him on top of a hill, looming over everyone else while covered in shadow. Now, its a bunch of lovely close-ups in full light while the models overact. The Mal'Ganis introduction and end of mission cinematics have similar issues.

I'm not expecting a release prior to the summer so I'm guessing everything will get touched up. Still looks like butt right now and I hope they don't value showing off every last pixel on the new models over decent cinematography.
Yes, it doesn't look great. Almost no weight to anything and everything looks a bit floaty. Things being oversized to an exaggerated degree works in WC3 because the graphics are so simple and makes it clear to see. Here it's just really stupid to see Arthas shoulders, his massive styrofoam hammer and Jaina somehow not tipping forwards (slightly kidding but is it just me or do they actually increase her breast size everytime they make a new model of her?).

Sure it's not final but I don't think it's likely they'll make any major changes to the graphics style. Of course we just have to wait and see and, probably, be disappointed.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I suppose they'll need to size up her model as well.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Don't forget their amazing reveal "trailer" where they showed off stationary models with a camera floating back and forth with noticeable stutter. :shepface:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Yeah. Especially since demolishers are just big catapults, and wtf are glaive throwers.

In Warcraft 2 the orcs used Catpaults. Maybe they switch night elf ballistas to something dumb because the alliance in 2 used them.
Dunno, flinging large glaives against soldiers would probably be effective but stone structures not so much. Still better than using corpses however.

I think the alliance got the ballista technology from the high elves anyway. But I could be wrong.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Why would you forsake the chance of having a small rock tossed right at the firelord, stunning him and ending the ultimate early?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Has "and more" ever be used as anything other than trying to pad the list to look more impressive and been anything but a total lie since every other feature has already been included?