Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The only balance change will be to nerf towers specifically to spite the highperch crew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

In WoW they're referred to pretty interchangably as wyverns and wind riders.

https://www.wowhead.com/item=25532/swift-yellow-wind-rider

https://www.wowhead.com/item=93386/grand-wyvern

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Groovelord Neato posted:

I'm glad HOTS died because it was dumb when he was streaming that over wc3.
gently caress you hots was fun :(

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Tubgoat posted:

Oh wait, Wyvern -> Wind Rider, they wanted the focus on the Orc and not his mount.

The actual mount is referred to as a Wind Rider in WoW.

It's also referred to as a Wyvern interchangably.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Sodomy Hussein posted:

This threw me for a loop because I thought I was looking at a literal cartoon and waiting for the gag, while admiring how close to the original it was. The gag is that it's not a gag.

It's based off the Carbot series called Starcrafts.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

LotV was legitimately a really fun sci fi b-movie story... until the epilogue.

Also all of Alarak's lines were gold.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Actually WC3's story was good

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Groovelord Neato posted:

MMOs are a different beast.

Given that there are a great many MMOs where this isn't the case, not necessarily.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I will say that WC3/TFT does one genuinely impressive thing with the writing: It's a story where the bad guy wins in the end.

this is of course undercut by World of Warcraft

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Oh right I forgot about that

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I mean I like the idea of diablo's form being different based on who they possess, but lmao at heels.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

It didn't include an entire new resource system, but Supreme Commander did a fine job of balancing naval units that weren't available on all maps.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Olpainless posted:

Supreme Commander is the gold standard for naval combat integration in an RTS.

Red Alert 3 had the naval basebuilding gold standard, mind.

Supreme Commander is the gold standard for a great many things in RTS.

Its naval combat does deserve special mention though, watching one of those gigantic battleships firing is a thing of beauty.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I'd even say that the stories of WoL and LotV (except the epilogue) are dumb fun space opera b-movies.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Custom campaigns when

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Is there a list anywhere of levels that are updated in the Reforged version to more accurate maps? I want to play through the game again and I want to see the changed maps, but I also don't want to use the new graphics except when necessary for that content.

I know The Culling is, the Quel'thalas missions are, and that Necromancer Kel'thuzad has a new boss. Does the invasion of Dalaran in the Undead campaign get revamped? Is there anything else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

BlazetheInferno posted:

Take note that the campaigns in Classic Graphics and Reforged Graphics are treated as separate campaigns by the game in terms of progress and inventory bank data and stuff like that.

No switching back and forth? Well that sucks.

Maybe I'll do RoC with reforged and TFT in classic mode then.