Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

meta² posted:

What do you guys think are the odds that we get some kind of surprise for Blizzcon?

Nah they will give WCIII zero time. They'll move onto DII which they will throw in a similar way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Warcraft IV though,,, I would fall for that trick

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

Grubby posted a video last week that I just now caught in my feed.

He goes over the promises and expectations of Reforged and discusses where the game is now. He talks a lot about wc3champions but also says he had some contact with Blizzard in terms of game direction and hasn't heard from them in a long time. Game is probably dead internally or the one dude they have trying to fix stuff hasn't gotten a patch out yet.

The best part of this video is the "bugs at launch section" around 16:00 with the slow spinning cyclones and the volcano erupting mini-volcanoes

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

BlazetheInferno posted:

I'm pretty sure they've abandoned Reforged. MAYBE another team takes it over at some point, but I wouldn't expect Blizzard to put a lot of effort into salvaging it at this point.

Regardless, the D2 Resurrected isn't gonna be a repeat of Reforged, I feel. For one thing, it's a Remaster, not an Overhaul.

Think Starcraft Remastered, not Warcraft 3 Reforged.

Quotin this for later lol

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

I think it was Starcraft where someone starts lagging so the game pauses and waits and everyone spams chat to make them drop

Don’t remember if WCIII had that back in the day

Also, the old “turn off allied victory” maneuver was definitely in SC and there is a checkbox in WCIII but I don’t think it was ever enabled for versus play

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

quote:

In the beginning, the Classics Game team had ambitious plans. Throughout 2017 and 2018, developers revamped the game’s script and re-recorded all the dialogue. The goal was to rewrite scenes and flesh out characters to align them with the lore of World of Warcraft, the massively popular online game that had been evolving the story of the franchise for the previous decade and a half.

David Fried, a designer on the original Warcraft III who was briefly brought back to work on Reforged, said in an email that “there were things in the works for Warcraft III: Reforged that would have absolutely revitalized a classic game.

Sorry the game is bad because the new models suck and there's no ladder. Also the community is full of toxic horrible trolls and multiplayer kept dropping people randomly for 6 months. Also they promised cinematic rendered and in-game cutscenes but we only got one. Who gives a poo poo about WoW lore continuity lmao.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

dr.acula posted:

Yes lets just ignore Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Hearthstone

All of those games were fun at some point. Not necessarily at launch or up to this point (never played overwatch) but they had their moment in the sun for me at least.

They're probably going by financial metrics anyway.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

FoolyCharged posted:

Could be true, I just remember my experience of putting pyramid escape on and getting really annoyed by the loss of immediate color identification on a lot of models. Especially non faction ones.

E: blizzard probably refuses to host poo poo like maps with goku and cloud in it these days, so those are probably lost too.

I'm still playing multiplayer and I can guarantee that no one from Blizzard is moderating anything. Every once in a while a custom map will show up called "N-word Stomp" or similar

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Are you censoring it by writing it 'N-word' or is it actually just straight up 'N*gger stomp' with the letter instead of the asterisk? Because I can easily imagine you're self-censoring, but I also imagine Blizzard at least has the bare minimum of a word filter in place and actual obvious slurs are being filtered? I mean Blizzard isn't THAT lovely, right?

The uncensored word

Guess who was giving me grief for saying glhf today

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

decided to fire up the custom games for some TD today

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

The Shortest Path posted:

Where is the community for WC3 nowadays? I'm assuming they mostly play the old version using virtual lan or a 3rd party server?

It seems easier to get a game on BNET than W3Champions but the quality of player is superior in the latter. Ranked custom maps are popping up there too.

All servers are very slow mid day which sucks cause I like to sneak a game in on my lunch break

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

So how does one play Warcraft 3, single player or otherwise, in the year of our lord two-thousand and twenty-two without having to install reforged or otherwise engage with Blizzard? I still have my old CD somewhere for both the original game and the expansion, so yeah, once I've installed that, how/where is the most recent patch for it that also doesn't force Reforged on me?

You can play and patch as normal with the classic graphics, it's just going to be a 20+GB game. Pretty sure you can just link your CD keys to BNET and install. There's not option to play reforged graphics unless you buy it.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

The rumors were true and a patch with ladder and profiles is actually coming soon. It’s in PTR now I guess.

https://twitter.com/warcraft3/status/1536781741230239744?s=21&t=DRvpdcIEBRf-lkIY6cYj8w

“First of multiple patches coming this year” lol any guesses on the number? Two is technically multiple.

Bless the creators of W3Champions for stepping in for like two years but I can never find a game on there so official ladder will hopefully replace them.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Poil posted:

Has "and more" ever be used as anything other than trying to pad the list to look more impressive and been anything but a total lie since every other feature has already been included?

It’s actually very funny

quote:

Reforged Campaign

Numerous tuning and balance adjustments have been made to multiple campaign maps.

Spending time on the campaign balance at this point is wild

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

tactlessbastard posted:

All I wanted to do was replay the Rexxar map but nooo here I am out $$ and stuck in the sentinel of the tides campaign because it crashes to desktop on a certain mission every single goddamn time.

Oh and saves still don’t work.

cheats still work!

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

BlazetheInferno posted:

Not if you can't get into the map, they don't.

try skipping from the previous level?

Motherland [race] [level]

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

He said he just wanted to play the Rexxar map but was stuck on the night elf campaign.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

The story in WC3 is corny and makes no sense anyway

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Stay tuned everyone!!

https://twitter.com/Warcraft3/status/1588672338203377664

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

I love observatory units so much