Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crown Face
Sep 24, 2008
Playing ridiculous custom WC3 maps was by far the most fun and varied experience I have ever had playing any online game ever, it would be cool if this became a regular thing.

The map I remember most is one called Ninjas in Pyjamas, just because of how absurd it was. The map itself was really boring, it was like a really weird DotA-style map, but horizontal rather than diagonal, but the heroes were amazing.

There was an Anime Fan or something that required you to activate an ability and type "EXCALIBUR!!!!" in all chat to shoot a beam out, a "Chat Whore" hero which had you activate an ability and spam empty chat messages to create illusions, a sniper that forced you into a 1st person perspective for one of his skills, a Math Magician named "Numbers" who's ability tool tips were so long and convoluted that I'm not sure anybody ever even bothered with him, etc.

I also really enjoyed a lot of the crazy TD's that people would come up with, though all anyone ever played was Element TD (which was pretty fun, too).

A lot of those custom map makers were super talented, it's too bad the custom game list was always just packed with DotA. I always thought/hoped that Blizzard would have come out with something like a standalone version of the WC3 map editor and custom game client, it was a really cool way to let the community showcase really unique concepts and crazy custom scripting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU