Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

McSlaughter posted:

I think I stated somewhere in the thread that I'm pretty fuzzy on a lot of the concepts that deal with that sort of thing, but I think in this case I just got the two mixed around or something like that. I'll go back and edit that passage to try to make it make a little more sense.

I'm glad you guys are all liking the thread, though! I was really surprised there was no thread already.

It's actually the other way around. Warcraft 3 is mostly micro focused (Heroes getting experience, upkeep costs and a bunch of other design choices) while Starcraft is much more focused on macro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

Sharzak posted:

Battle net won't let me download the game. I don't see an entry in the registry for a CD key either although several different forums threads have implied its possible. I think it's in an MPQ file myself--the only option I csn think of would be to download a third party cd key switcher, but that's risky. Wanted to see if there were any known workarounds.

You can register your retail key on battle.net, then you can download it through there.

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

Sharzak posted:

That's a bummer about the cdkey storage, thank you for shedding light on it.
my next solution is to borrow the discs from a friend but he lives a few towns away. Weirdly Blizzard tech support told me they don't show I have the games purchased either, but they're right there in my loving battle.net account management screen. :psyduck:
They sent me a link to the same downloader I've been telling them doesn't work :v:

Are you trying to install the Frozen Throne installer first? Because I'm pretty sure you need to install ROC client first.

It's also possible you only registred your Frozen Throne key on battle.net and forgot the ROC one. Then the launcher is useless.