Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZeusJupitar
Jul 7, 2009
I can't remember any either - a few ambitious startups but nothing that came to anything. I remember cheating my way through The War of Corruption (part one in a planned five part epic) but I've honestly no idea if it was at all well designed.

On the off chance that anyone overlooked it though, Blizzard produced a set of three extra maps for the Reign of Chaos demo (released some stupid length of time after the actual game) which expand on the orc prologue campaign, foreshadow TFT and introduce the Darkspear trolls (who otherwise show up unannounced at the start of War 3's main orc campaign). You can find them in the TFT custom maps folder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeusJupitar
Jul 7, 2009
Was War 3's skirmish mode always this hard? I decided to give it a go (1v1 Orc vs Human against a normal AI on Booty Bay) and simply got stomped by superior numbers. Then the same thing happened against an easy AI (Undead Vs Human). I was building up as fast as humanly possible and don't see how anyone could match the computer's numbers.

ZeusJupitar
Jul 7, 2009
I don't recall much about huntresses, but I do remember the rage over mass human casters.

ZeusJupitar
Jul 7, 2009
It's pretty cool looking through the WC3 Alpha and pre-Alpha stuff that's still floating around. I followed the game's development obsessively as a kid.

The most interesting thing is actually seeing how game designers conserve and re-purpose assets once they've been made. I think pretty much every unit which was announced ended up in the final game, even if as a campaign unit. Sylvanus uses a model which was one of the alliance heroes before they went down from four to three per faction.

There's some nice little things as well, like the point where the Frost Wyrm was wingless and the Lich's ultimate summon.

ZeusJupitar fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jan 12, 2015