Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Not to mention the Starcraft 2 artstyle is boring. The Warcraft 3 models were all gigantic and cartoony and colorful but everything in Starcraft is this neon black pool of indescribable poo poo.

Zerglings are cool though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

My fav. WC3 custom map was Anime Wars. You picked from a wide range of anime characters and there were just a fuckton of creeps in the center of the map, so basically everyone would just run around killing the creeps and each other. Every five minutes, there'd be a WORLD TOURNAMENT, where the players would randomly face eachother in a single elimination 1v1 tournament. Last man standing got a huge amount of gold.

I distinctly remember Vash from Trigun being broken as gently caress at farming creeps because his ultimate was just a giant laser that killed everything in a huge line after a few seconds, so he could just kill every creep and half the people farming at once. On the flipside, he completely sucked at the tournament part, since all his abilities had channel times so he could just be stunned out of them.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

darealkooky posted:

My favorite was one that sounds exactly like that, but it was called anime fight.

Was there a thing in the corner where if you walked down a winding path and avoided a bunch of rifleman you got a bunch of gold?
Yeah. I think that map got copied and slightly edited a lot, I've played it under like twenty different names over the years with only minor differences. Though the one that added Sephiroth was pretty sweet because everyone would immediately pick him even though he sucked.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ungoal posted:

Anyone remember that huge LOTR custom map called The Ring Wars or something which had a LOT of custom skins/spells/terrain designs in it? I remember how those would last for hours and how fun it was. Also, you couldn't go wrong with Footmen Frenzy either.
That LOTR map was awesome because of how huge it was. The best side was the Ring Wraths because you could just stomp around the map picking off stray heroes.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

If I buy this off the battle.net client, can I play online? I figured so but Blizzard's wording on the subject is vague. I wanna play some castle fight dammit.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Xaris posted:

Castle Fight was so good. Too bad the poor imitation Nexus Wars or whatever in SC2 was loving awful, and no one really made a good CF clone :(
chaos was the poo poo

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

whose bright idea was it to make warcraft 3 Realistic and Grey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/KalebPrime/status/1222365505459191809

Not only has Blizzard made a crappy remaster, they've made Warcraft 3 worse, retroactively.