Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

they got rid of the Captain America helmet, there goes my enthusiasm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

man the lengths some people will go to to prove they're not being loving clowned on all levels

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

So I haven't had a chance to check it yet, but I have WarCraft III installed on a couple older computers, I haven't done any updating to them yet. Is the understanding that as soon as I try to run it the battle.net client will force it to update and the original will be gone?

If so that is loving bullshit considering when StarCraft Remastered came out Blizzard was very specific that anyone who didn't upgrade would still be able to play the game they have owned for the past 19 years

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

so I'm not sure I understand the new EULA, are they just going to ban you if you try to play a custom map that has "copywritten material" in it? Will those maps just get deleted immediately and no one can play them?

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

halwain posted:

How did they gently caress up unit portraits so hard :(

Jaina got some good :stare: going on but what the gently caress is going on with the Dryad

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

So based off of videos I've been seeing on YouTube, I guess Blizzard isn't too diligent about the EULA with custom games because as long as you don't label the game as "pimp my peon" then they don't know you're breaking the EULA.

great job, great job

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Finally got around to checking the install on another computer I have (since my newer computer males a habit of refusing to run a number of older games for some reason) and it turns out I never even updated the game to the 16:9 patch

However that means I can only play multiplayer by any means that doesn't require connecting to battle.net, correct?

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

it's not just me that is weirded out that they decided to change Tyrande's picture to be a close up of her face as opposed to a zoom out of her on her tiger, right?

Also I hope I'm not the only person that for many years thought Tyrande was a tiger

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

changing catapult and ballista is just stupid seeing as those are common terms for siege weapons

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Comrayn posted:

I’m glad to see the thread correctly identifying the two greatest cinematics in gaming.

Don't forget the Terran end cinematics, Mengsk's speech is pretty awesome (though I was confused as a kid why the bad guy was getting the cinematic and not Jim leaving Tarsonis) and the great Starship Troopers-esque news reel for the UED

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Tubgoat posted:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha etc
But for real, has anyone ever killed Diablo in the first game with a Warrior? Regular ranged mobs were impossible to take down.

stone curse and a shitload of mana and health potions, Diablo and entourage go down very quickly when stoned

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

She doesn't have Rogue hair anymore?

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

I know this has probably been said several times since Reforged was released but it doesn't hurt to ask again:

when I look at my Blizzard account, it shows RoC and TFT under "classic games", same as my registered licenses for D2 and LoD, but if I download the clients for either of the War3 games, will I only be able to play them through the Reforged client? Should I just find my disks and install them that way?

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

I see, I don't care too much for online play, I'm more concerned about the campaigns and if the Reforged client has borked the classic versions

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Wait, what's this about Diablo 2?

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

oh what the loving gently caress

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

I wish I had a screenshot of the character select screen because it made me lol

the thing I immediately noticed for the selection screen was that they took away the Sorceress' eyes glowing! like, what the gently caress?!

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

SC2 is kind of borked anyway since it really goddamn hard to buy the individual campaigns now (I'm not paying for all 3 when I already own WoL and HotS and may just want LotV, you bastards)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

jokes posted:

Top tier bathroom reading, for sure.

I was the youngest in the family, so while my older siblings had their computer time, I would be off to the side reading the manuals while I waited. The Blizzard manuals (pretty much everything before War 3, since we had TWO Windows machines by that time) were favourites because of the fun lore and awesome 90s artwork. I sort of wonder if I was as old then as I am now if I would've taken to that artwork the same way or if I would've looked at it and been like "yeah I guess these programmers weren't paying the bills with their art skills"