Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
So much time spent in customs.

Tides of Blood
Lordaeron Tactics
Werewolf
Vampire Hunter
Rival Nations
TDs
Hero Siege

poo poo :pcgaming:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I would also be down for that. I rebought and installed War3. I got 7 Blademaster, X Hero Siege, LOTR Hero Siege, some TDs, FM Vampire Hunters, all that good poo poo.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

time for a joke posted:

christ this thread sucks

how many times can we post "anybody remember this lovely custom game i played a few times back in 2006"

There were so many good ones, we still have a ways to go.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I can't wait to play again and do match making this time with the rush of other garbage tier players like me.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
When the hell is WC3 HD remaster getting announced. We know its coming you goddamn hack frauds just tell us already.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Shibawanko posted:

I used to love RTS but ever since it became all about measuring yourself against some impossible bespectacled Korean standard of incredibly twitchy play i completely lost interest. RTS is supposed to be a chill genre that you can play and feel good about yourself, it's lost that long ago. I want to play against a goofy AI opponent that I can set elaborate traps for, not an insane human being.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

George H.W. oval office posted:

I imagine we’ll get release dates during blizzcon in the fall along with Diablo 4 announcement

:lol: Diablo Mobile playable demo more likely.

Diablo 4 aint real

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
After all we've seen from Blizzard now I don't even want Diablo 4. I don't want a goddamn thing except new graphics on my old WC3 now.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
The people that estimated and were going to do Reforged were laid off probably.

The two interns and one artist remaining on the project are trying their best.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Annath posted:

gently caress :filez: will pirating WC3 let me get the original game back?

Offline and LAN play, yes.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Horizon Burning posted:

Someone from Lemonsky has made a burner account on Reddit. It seems like they were only outsourced to do the models, art, UI, and animations. Does that mean everything else (or lack thereof) is on Blizzard's head?

It also means the lack of a cohesive vision and style for the models and animations falls on Blizzard as well for not properly giving direction and feedback on what Lemonsky was delivering.

Like Lord of the Clans artwork from that Russian studio with Blackwing or whatver smoking a hooka.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

How about automatically dumping you in General Chat window takes up an uncollapsable quarter of the screen when navigating menus. It overlaps and obscures much of the campaign menu.

I also received a few hard r nwords in game which I was surprised about (the lack of filter, not the lack of bigots)

They had to focus on the most important words like Booty Bay. Can't have any customs with such vulgar terms. The rest is still WIP.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Milo and POTUS posted:

This is probably a weird question but back when DotA was still the big game but not the only game in custom lobby, wasn't there a DotA variant? I think it was on an snowy map or something. I don't remember much about it (whatever it was) and my quick search for dota on a map site returned over 1000 versions, presumably balance tweak variations.

Tides of Blood was a big one, that was in a tropical area though.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Milo and POTUS posted:

I no joke like Tides of Blood the most of any of the Mobas I played. Unless you count FMVH, a game that nobody except a banned poster on the first page remembers.

I think, by the way that this map I'm asking about was just after Dota got big and they might have tried to... expand it and have a sort of franchise. Dota presents, a Icefrog production sort of thing. I don't remember it being good though lmao

Ahhhh, this is sounding pretty close.

FMVH the vampire hunters map? With the sound clips from Blade etc? Loved that one hell yeah.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Milo and POTUS posted:

did any mobas even attempt to deviate from the 3 lane, corner bases format?

Rival Nations I think it was had 3 teams in a triangle map format. Could buy upgrades for the lanes units and eventually multiple heros to control. Was p good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

danjal posted:

Have they gone and fixed any of the issues with the re-release?

I want to buy it, but the stigma it has makes me very weary about buying it.

Almost nothing has been addressed. Bliz is dead. You can safely uninstall bnet.