Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Part of the terror of Duriel also back in the 56k days - at least for me and everyone I knew - was that due to lag and connections being what they were, there was a good chance that by the time the game loaded you were already dead. You'd just hear LOOKING FOR BAAL and drop dead.

Singleplayer had a similar issue, as the CD drive had to spin furiously to load his little sound byte, freezing the screen and player input for a couple of seconds, usually ending in a dead player before the game catches up.

At least now it's loaded in your system's memory, so next time you have a chance!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

George H.W. oval office posted:

The music has always been killer in blizzard games. The drums and vibe in that cutscene was perfect. I remember as a kid popping in the warcraft 2 cd and jamming to the music. Then of course you had the hidden track of Medieval Man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBODH8ElBak

I got so hyped at this poo poo just because of the music

Oh neat, they took out the king in the throne scene.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Kith posted:

My favorite thing about COH2 was the violent backlash from the entire community about War Spoils system and Relic just plowing ahead with it anyways, which ultimately wound up breaking their scenario map DLC's loadout functionality (which never got fixed because not enough people bought those mission packs for Relic to care).

My other favorite thing about COH2 was the developers saying over and over that the American faction was not supposed to have heavy tanks available under any circumstances because that's just how the faction was designed, so they would never, ever add the Pershing.

anyway,

Gotta grind those purps, no matter the game.

It's funny how one game's colour-based rarity scheme has become this universal truth.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You couldn't buy those combat ships anywhere in the campaign, could you?

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

I couldn't get into SupCom because all your units were robots without personalities. My arbitrary game preferences may have made me miss out on some good gameplay, I fear.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Half of Dracula posted:

It all went downhill when they decided WoW wouldn't lock classes based on gender for Night Elves

...I did not realise this until now. They even got it wrong in the intro!

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Tubgoat posted:

Blademaster unit always struck me as a combat rogue, tbqh.

Aren't combat rogues like pirates now or something?

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

And he's a good guy, naturally!

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

Who released the C&C remaster? Gonna laugh so hard if EA's doing this poo poo better than blizz at this point.

Petroglyph, run by former Westwood Studios employees and the guys who did Empire at War, Universe at War, Grey Goo... So good people who know their RTS.

And Lemon Sky did the assets. Same people who did WC3:R, but this time with actual direction and agency.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

SirDrone posted:

Do you think there's any chance in hell they could just flip a switch and revert the netcode and everything back to pre-reforged....oh who am I kidding, they prob trash the previous version of their games.

And admit defeat?!

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Tubgoat posted:

It was never about producing a product, it was about loving over everyone who already bought the game.

But that usually means making a product that makes the game work again, which WC:R doesn't. They're just breaking an old game out of spite, and of course it had to be one of their games I care deeply about. :(

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Tubgoat posted:

YEAH, I KNOW!!
I'm pissed at Activision-Blizzard, not you

loving god, WC3 was a perfect loving game.

I didn't think you were! I'm just as outraged, and have to be reminded on a daily basis.

I played a -lot- of custom maps. Wanna see my Legion TD trophy?? :v:

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

George H.W. oval office posted:

D2 won’t be an adequate port unless they put in a delay going into Duriels chamber.

Playing hardcore on 56k back in the day seems wild to me

Should also put his charge attack back in. And the Iron Maiden gotcha in act 4.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

You can play and patch as normal with the classic graphics, it's just going to be a 20+GB game. Pretty sure you can just link your CD keys to BNET and install. There's not option to play reforged graphics unless you buy it.

You're still getting the new campaign maps, recut dialogue and stuff, which might not be what you want when revisiting WC3.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Nostalgamus posted:

There's no changes in maps if you haven't purchased reforged, Stratholme is still the same map.

Really! Well that's good at least.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

uniball posted:

theres a new patch and you can zoom WAY out

I guess that's a way to fix the new, bad graphics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

tactlessbastard posted:

How about you unbreak the single player campaign that would be cool too

WC3 is an esport now. It certainly fits the usual Blizzard treatment of those.